Windows 10: Why can’t I delete my file?

Discus and support Why can’t I delete my file? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a compressed/zipped file that I want to delete. When I try to delete it, the page says I cannot delete it and my access was denied. I look up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chris EKT, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Chris EKT Win User

Why can’t I delete my file?

I have a compressed/zipped file that I want to delete. When I try to delete it, the page says I cannot delete it and my access was denied. I look up the way to access that file and try it on my laptop. According to the instructions I used, I was supposed to right-click on the file, click on “Properties” and then click “Security”. After that, I was supposed to enable NFTS security options to allow me to extract or delete the file. When I clicked security, though, the page said that security was not accessible. How can I access security?

:)

Chris EKT, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

Why can’t I delete my file?

1. Why can’t I delete my file? - Similar Threads - Why can’t delete

2. There is a file on my laptop blocking the internet access and I can’t delete the file...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is a file on my laptop blocking the internet access and I can’t delete the file...: The laptop is on windows 10, I tried resetting and now I need to reactivate windows but I cannot do that without wifi. I’m connected to the wifi it’s just being blocked. I also tried my hotspot and it doesn’t work. I troubleshooted and found the 3 files I need to delete but I...
  3. There is a file on my laptop blocking the internet access and I can’t delete the file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a file on my laptop blocking the internet access and I can’t delete the file...: The laptop is on windows 10, I tried resetting and now I need to reactivate windows but I cannot do that without wifi. I’m connected to the wifi it’s just being blocked. I also tried my hotspot and it doesn’t work. I troubleshooted and found the 3 files I need to delete but I...
  4. There is a file on my laptop blocking the internet access and I can’t delete the file...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why can’t I delete my file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can’t I delete my file?: I have a compressed/zipped file that I want to delete. When I try to delete it, the page says I cannot delete it and my access was denied. I look up the way to access that file and try it on my laptop. According to the instructions I used, I was supposed to right-click on the...
  6. Can’t Download, update or delete files

Can’t Download, update or delete files: Just recently out of the blue my computer started randomly having problems like it says at the top that I can’t download, update or delete files. I have tried multiple browsers all of them saying something along the lines “Couldn’t download” like it shows here[IMG] I have...
  7. Why can’t I delete this administrator account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why can’t I delete this administrator account?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ScorchingWyvern [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l355mc/why_cant_i_delete_this_administrator_account/
  8. Can’t delete video file

Can’t delete video file: I recorded a stream I was doing in amazing quality and it went for 7 hours and the file is now 456GB apparently and it’s not letting me delete it, can some help? submitted by /u/SpottyYT-SS [link] [comments]...
  9. I can’t delete a corrupt file on OSC:.

I can’t delete a corrupt file on OSC:.: Whenever i try deleting the folder “SAntivirus”, it asks permision from the administrator. I have tried loads giving it the permission the result is same - “ You reqiure permission from your administrator to make changes to this folder.” I also tried different ways getting...
  10. Why can’t I delete system files on my own computer???

Why can’t I delete system files on my own computer???: Is this some kind of a joke? I wanted to delete that useless windows antimalware thing but it turns out I can’t because I have no permissions. Why can’t I delete my own files on my own computer where I have administrator privileges? Is deleting system protected files possible...