Windows 10: Why Cant I Delete the LCU Folder for More Space?

Discus and support Why Cant I Delete the LCU Folder for More Space? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried to manually delete the LCU folder. But I get a message saying it requires permission. I give it that permission but I still get this message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, May 23, 2020.

1. yahanna Win User

Why Cant I Delete the LCU Folder for More Space?

I tried to manually delete the LCU folder. But I get a message saying it requires permission. I give it that permission but I still get this message coming up. I dont get it. Please see the message below..

Why Cant I Delete the LCU Folder for More Space? [​IMG]

:)

yahanna, May 23, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Why Cant I Delete the LCU Folder for More Space? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Why Cant I Delete the LCU Folder for More Space? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 23, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 23, 2020
  4. Why Cant I Delete the LCU Folder for More Space?

0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown Why Cant I Delete the LCU Folder for More Space? :(

lyndonguitar, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Why Cant I Delete the LCU Folder for More Space?

1. Why Cant I Delete the LCU Folder for More Space? - Similar Threads - Why Cant Delete

2. Removal of LCU to create storage space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removal of LCU to create storage space.: My laptop regularly records storage remaining of between around 400MB and 3GB without any signficant change having occurred in terms of files saved/apps installed etc. so it seems like a very rough if not random guide. That said I have been somewhat spooked by some low...
  3. Removal of LCU to create storage space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removal of LCU to create storage space.: My laptop regularly records storage remaining of between around 400MB and 3GB without any signficant change having occurred in terms of files saved/apps installed etc. so it seems like a very rough if not random guide. That said I have been somewhat spooked by some low...
  4. Removal of LCU to create storage space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. LCU Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LCU Folder: 1 Can i delete LCU files inside LCU folder? 2 after windows update becomes up to date, can i delete the LCU files that after windows update created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lcu-folder/7c4103c8-cb05-48e6-b89b-12928e1db9a2
  6. LCU Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LCU Folder: 1 Can i delete LCU files inside LCU folder? 2 after windows update becomes up to date, can i delete the LCU files that after windows update created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lcu-folder/7c4103c8-cb05-48e6-b89b-12928e1db9a2
  7. Can I delete the installer folder to get more free space?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I delete the installer folder to get more free space?: I'm running Windows 10 - 64 bit 20H2 (OS Build 19042.985).I have a 231GB SSD as the main C drive partition while 1TB HDD is the D drive of my laptop. I only use C drive for software and windows installation in order to have maximum speed. Even the desktop folder is in my D...
  8. Did the Newest Update Delete the LCU Folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Did the Newest Update Delete the LCU Folder?: After receiving the latest win 10 update 2 days ago I checked C:\Windows\servicing\LCU to see if there were any residual update files I would normally find to delete them to clear storage. But theres no LCU folder there. Did the newest update delete or move that folder? 167480
  9. The more I delete the less space I have

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The more I delete the less space I have: How do I get more space on my C drive? I've done disk clean ups, cache, and cleaned out temporary files. But im just getting less and less space. submitted by /u/neroniko [link] [comments]...
  10. LCU folder is LARGE-But what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    LCU folder is LARGE-But what is it?: win10 ver 1909 bld18363.720 Acer e15 core i5 8th gen 256 GB SSD 8GB RAM I came across this directory and am very curious to know - is it accumulated junk? Can I delete and reclaim space? C:/Windows/Servicing/LCU/Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~18362.720.1.0/...