Windows 10: Why can’t I delete this administrator account?

Discus and support Why can’t I delete this administrator account? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ScorchingWyvern [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ScorchingWyvern, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Why can’t I delete this administrator account?

/u/ScorchingWyvern, Jan 22, 2021
  2. iamollie Win User

Deleting User Accounts

Does anyone know how to delete an administrator account from another os on another partition (or using a live cd)?

I dont have access to the administrator account and i need to remove the other administrator account

iamollie, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Shahjahan Win User

Why can’t I delete this administrator account?

Deleting an Local Administrator Account

Hello Thanks for your reply, I red the article and followed the steps within my capacity, however still having the same problem technically I do not see the delete link at the Administrator Account like it is at the other one...So confusing pls check the image - Thanks
    Why can’t I delete this administrator account? [​IMG]

Why can’t I delete this administrator account? [​IMG]

Shahjahan, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Why can’t I delete this administrator account?

1. Why can’t I delete this administrator account? - Similar Threads - Why can’t delete

2. Why can’t I create an account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can’t I create an account?: I’ve recently bought a Microsoft pro and it’s not letting me sign in saying my name is not available. Why is this happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-create-an-account/544ebde1-f10f-43e8-a4d2-323f767ccbf1
  3. Why can’t I create an account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can’t I create an account?: I’ve recently bought a Microsoft pro and it’s not letting me sign in saying my name is not available. Why is this happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-create-an-account/544ebde1-f10f-43e8-a4d2-323f767ccbf1
  4. I can’t change my account to administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t change my account to administrator: I’ve been getting this problem consistently now on my pc, and it makes it so I can’t even have the option to change my account to administrator. I tried changing my account with net localgroup administrators my account name /add but it didn’t work. I then tried to activate my...
  5. I can’t change my account to administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t change my account to administrator: I’ve been getting this problem consistently now on my pc, and it makes it so I can’t even have the option to change my account to administrator. I tried changing my account with net localgroup administrators my account name /add but it didn’t work. I then tried to activate my...
  6. I can’t change my account to administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Delete administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete administrator account: I need to close down my old administrator account on my laptop but because Microsoft closed that account I can no longer sign in and do this. Is there another way to clear this account?...
  8. delete administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete administrator account: how do I delete an administrator account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/delete-administrator-account/2c835d43-6e09-482a-935a-96cc31081cfd
  9. I deleted the administrative account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I deleted the administrative account: I prefer to log in as a standard user... better security, etc... so i made the administrator account first... then made my standard user account... the computer always wants to log in as the administrator, so i was trying to find out how to change the default user (i'll ask...
  10. Administrator account deleted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator account deleted: I installed Windows 10 several days ago. It seemed OK; then I added another pc to my network and when I finished my user account had been deleted. Administrator privileges were given to an old account for which I no longer have a password. My only access to my computer is as...