Windows 10: Why can't I Disable my Touchpad in Windows 10?

Discus and support Why can't I Disable my Touchpad in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use an External Mouse. Always have always will. After the last Update for Windows 10 in March or maybe the first of April, I had to go back in and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ruth2340, May 9, 2019.

1. Ruth2340 Win User

Why can't I Disable my Touchpad in Windows 10?

I use an External Mouse. Always have always will. After the last Update for Windows 10 in March or maybe the first of April, I had to go back in and disable my Touch Pad. Then my lap top shut down on its own and restarted, Enabling that darn Touch Pad. And now there is no option to disable it anymore. Searching for answers I only got the one where you go to 31 Control Panel, 32 Select Hardware & Sound (Make sure in Category View Mode), Click on #3 under Devices & Printers. #4 Disable Internal pointing device when external device USB pointing device is attached. Well there is no option for that #4. And all of that is pretty much how I would disable before but it would bring up a view of my touch pad and buttons. That no longer comes up. Also I do not have the option to "Clear" to leave on when Mouse is connected with USB" I guess the best thing I can do is get some hard plastic and cover my touch pad with it from end to end so if my hand or thumbs touch it will not disturb my work. Come on Microsoft, don't make things so difficult for us.

:)

Ruth2340, May 9, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Disabling touchpad gestures in Windows 10

Hi Andrzej,

Precision touchpad is one of the improvements recently brought to Windows 10 to support touch gestures. Is you device running on Windows Creators Update? If yes, follow the steps below to disable touchpad:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    • You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, May 9, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, May 9, 2019
  4. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, May 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Why can't I Disable my Touchpad in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Why can't Disable

2. I can't disable my laptop's touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't disable my laptop's touchpad: Since I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 the drivers my provider gave me has stopped working. For example, when I press fn+esc it should disable my laptop's touchpad and a create a pop-up showing it has been disabled. But after upgrading to win11 it stopped working. The...
  3. I can't disable my laptop's touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't disable my laptop's touchpad: Since I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 the drivers my provider gave me has stopped working. For example, when I press fn+esc it should disable my laptop's touchpad and a create a pop-up showing it has been disabled. But after upgrading to win11 it stopped working. The...
  4. I can't disable my touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't disable my touchpad: Hi, I'm using an external mouse and I don't need my touch pad. I can't find the option to Disable it. Before the last update on Windows 10 i use to disable it. Could somebody help me to finde this option? I can see only that: [ATTACH] If i go to aditional settings...
  5. I can't Disable Touchpad Anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't Disable Touchpad Anymore: Honestly what the **** with this latest Windows 10 update? I can no longer turn off the touchpad when using a mouse and it's making it difficult to work. I do NOT have the option to do so from the Device Manager. I do NOT have the option to do so from settings. So...
  6. Can't disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop: Hey guys, I have an ASUS G751JL laptop running Windows 10 version 1903 and I can't for the life of me disable the touchpad. I've spent hours troubleshooting it and nothing has worked so far and the F9 function key isn't working. So far I have *updated all my drivers,...
  7. Can't Disable Touchpad

Can't Disable Touchpad: Beginning with the Windows 10 1903 update, laptop owners can no longer disable their touchpad. What in the world were you thinking, Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-disable-touchpad/d738dc58-a0c7-425c-8fa4-6939689b7117
  8. No Touchpad Driver So Touchpad Can't Be Disabled

No Touchpad Driver So Touchpad Can't Be Disabled: I have a Dell XPS 13 9530 running on Windows 10 and want to disable my touchpad so it doesn't make the cursor jump all over the place (FAR worse since latest Windows mega-update). I've fallen down a rabbit hole with it since there is no toggle to disable it and all the...
  9. I can't disable my touchpad on my HP Stream laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can't disable my touchpad on my HP Stream laptop: I got a mouse to use instead of the touchpad. I am now not able to disable the touchpad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-disable-my-touchpad-on-my-hp-stream-laptop/1f577510-a5a3-4a89-a3fb-5c5c5c57cf47"
  10. Can't disable touchpad

Can't disable touchpad: I do not like the touch pad. When I had Windows 8.1, I simply disabled it. But Windows 10 has a mind of it's own. I go into settings for touch pad and put a check mark where it says "disable touch pad". But as soon as I restart, the touch is enabled. I go where I put the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant disable my touchpad

2. why cant i disable my touchpad

3. windows 10 wont let me disable touchpad

4. cant disable touchpad windows 10,
  5. windows10 cant disable touchpad,
  6. why cant i disable the touchpad,
  7. why cant i disable touchpad,
  8. disabile internal pointing device when,
  9. why wont it let me disable my touchpad,
  10. cant disable mouse,
  11. disable internal pointing device windows 10,