Windows 10: Why cant i downland games on my New voulme d drive

Discus and support Why cant i downland games on my New voulme d drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello support members I was wondering why I couldn't download any of my games onto my d drive its labeled New Volume (D:) and it says its a root... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Luis F hernandez, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Why cant i downland games on my New voulme d drive

Hello support members I was wondering why I couldn't download any of my games onto my d drive its labeled New Volume (DWhy cant i downland games on my New voulme d drive :) and it says its a root dictionary something like that and I have 1 TB on it left to use if anyone could help me that would be grate

:)

Luis F hernandez, Feb 14, 2019

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Jan Del Win User
    D drive

Since the game is being downloaded to the temporary files of the drive C, it may create conflict when you install the downloaded game from temporary file C to drive D. We suggest to set-up your steam to download the game directly to drive D and check if
    you will get the same error message when you install it.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Jan Del Win User

Why cant i downland games on my New voulme d drive

D drive

We need additional information to isolate the issue:

• What is the file size of the game that you're trying to install?
    • Did you download the game online or are you using an installer?
    • Which game are you installing?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when installing other programs on the D drive?
    • Other than the "Drive removed" error message, are you getting other error codes/messages?

Looking forward to your reply.

Jan Del, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Why cant i downland games on my New voulme d drive

1. Why cant i downland games on my New voulme d drive - Similar Threads - Why cant downland

2. Why can I not install games on my D Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not install games on my D Hard Drive?: So, I'm trying to install Forza 5 as seen from the pictures above, but it's not allowing me to change to my secondary hard drive D:. I've tried using command prompt to check the disk and delete WindowsApps on said drive, but it still doesn't work. I've also tried deleting and...
  3. Why can I not install games on my D Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can I not install games on my D Hard Drive?: So, I'm trying to install Forza 5 as seen from the pictures above, but it's not allowing me to change to my secondary hard drive D:. I've tried using command prompt to check the disk and delete WindowsApps on said drive, but it still doesn't work. I've also tried deleting and...
  4. I cant install games from microsoft store onto my D drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cant install games from microsoft store onto my D drive: Hello.My C drive for my computer is puny compared to the D drive, I want to install Doom eternal, but can't because my c drive doesnt have the space to be on the c drive,. And I can't find where I can change the Install directory so i can Download it directly on my D drive....
  5. I cant install games from microsoft store onto my D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant install games from microsoft store onto my D drive: Hello.My C drive for my computer is puny compared to the D drive, I want to install Doom eternal, but can't because my c drive doesnt have the space to be on the c drive,. And I can't find where I can change the Install directory so i can Download it directly on my D drive....
  6. I cant install games from microsoft store onto my D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. i cant install games on the d drive

i cant install games on the d drive: i am trying to install age of empires IV on my pc and i dont have enough space on the c drive so i want to install it on the d drive but it wont even though i set the app installation on the d drive from the system settings...
  8. I Cant install Apps to my D Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Cant install Apps to my D Drive: I can set it to my E and F drives but theres no space on my E Drive and my F drive will download but it will always end in this errorI cant reformat my D Drive as I have too much on there I would loose, however I can do it to my E and F drive if needed.Anyone know how I can...
  9. Cant Install on D:/ Drive on some games?

Cant Install on D:/ Drive on some games?: Hi there, im wondering if someone can help me. On the microsoft store, some games i am able to choose to install to my D:/ drive and some dont give me the option. Like for instance. Forza Horizon 4 - I can install to D Drive. Dragon Quest XI S: I cannot. I have done the...
  10. Why cant I format a new disc in D drive my dvd drive, I go through the motions and click on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why cant I format a new disc in D drive my dvd drive, I go through the motions and click on...: I have tried all the suggestions that came up when I did a search. I get to manage computer and click on driver tools, format shows up but doesn't do any thing when clicked on. Seems like that area where format is isn't lit up......