Windows 10: Why can't I download GIF files anymore?

Discus and support Why can't I download GIF files anymore? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I go "save as" or "save target as" my only options are PNG or HTM. How do I get GIF back like I used to be able to?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Elricko1397, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Why can't I download GIF files anymore?

When I go "save as" or "save target as" my only options are PNG or HTM. How do I get GIF back like I used to be able to?

:)

Elricko1397, Oct 17, 2019

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Oct 17, 2019
  3. ViroMajor Win User
    cannot install .msi files anymore

Here is the result from the scan

Why can't I download GIF files anymore? [​IMG]

Thx for mentionning the latest suggestion, I will consider it if everything is lost

- - - Updated - - -

Your latest remark didn’t trigger any reaction I’m afraid

Why can't I download GIF files anymore? [​IMG]

ViroMajor, Oct 17, 2019
  4. monim1 Win User

Why can't I download GIF files anymore?

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Why can't I download GIF files anymore?

1. Why can't I download GIF files anymore? - Similar Threads - Why can't download

2. Why can't I delete a downloaded file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I delete a downloaded file?: Hello, so my laptop has a .zip file for a Minecraft Resource Pack that gives Minecraft Visual Enchantments. When I downloaded the file from CurseForge, it was stuck on 100% 0 bytes remaining and it won't complete. So I cancelled the download and the .zip file was there. I...
  3. Why can't I open mp4 files anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I open mp4 files anymore?: I used to be able to view my clips and such, but suddenly I've been hit with this message upon double clicking to open them or just pressing open on them through the file explorer. This happens with EVERY mp4 file I have and try to open now and even happens with newer ones...
  4. Why can't I open mp4 files anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I open mp4 files anymore?: I used to be able to view my clips and such, but suddenly I've been hit with this message upon double clicking to open them or just pressing open on them through the file explorer. This happens with EVERY mp4 file I have and try to open now and even happens with newer ones...
  5. Why can't I download Windows 7 anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I download Windows 7 anymore?: Today, I wanted to download Windows 7 for my old hard drive, but I couldn't find any site that leads to the Windows 7 download page which actually lets you download it.I do not want to go to some torrent site that offers windows 7, because they are most likely scam.Please, i...
  6. Why can't I download Windows 7 anymore?

Why can't I download Windows 7 anymore?: Today, I wanted to download Windows 7 for my old hard drive, but I couldn't find any site that leads to the Windows 7 download page which actually lets you download it.I do not want to go to some torrent site that offers windows 7, because they are most likely scam.Please, i...
  7. Why I can't find CMD file anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't find CMD file anymore: Hi, I was doing some stuff and I needed to rename the CMD file, I get back to put the original name but the file desaparece. Please help me, i don't know what to do...
  8. Why I can't find CMD file anymore

Why I can't find CMD file anymore: Hi, I was doing some stuff and I needed to rename the CMD file, I get back to put the original name but the file desaparece. Please help me, i don't know what to do...
  9. Why I can't find CMD file anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Why can't I login anymore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why can't I login anymore?: If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate. I had to reset my PC yesterday, then I made a local account for my wife and deleted my own. Later she went to Settings and logged in her Microsoft account but since then everytime the system starts it asks for her to login. She...