Windows 10: Why can't I drag a folder to the right side of the start menu?

Discus and support Why can't I drag a folder to the right side of the start menu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm in the process of trying to put a shortcut to a folder on the right side of the Start menu. The most obvious approach to me is to drag it from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by THX1138, Apr 15, 2019.

1. THX1138 Win User

Why can't I drag a folder to the right side of the start menu?

I'm in the process of trying to put a shortcut to a folder on the right side of the Start menu. The most obvious approach to me is to drag it from Windows File Explorer onto the rightside of the Start menu which gets me the below response denying the action. Why is this? A company the size of Microsoft can surely forsee this intention and action. Why would they choose to prevent it? It is it a security risk? Is it to save for some future update so we can impressed at how usable Windows is finally becoming after 30 years of development? Having to perform extensive searches on how to do basic tasks is the kind of crap I expect from Linux.

Why can't I drag a folder to the right side of the start menu? [​IMG]

:)

THX1138, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. How how do you always display text for start menu folders?

Hi,

Start Menu is one of the feature enhanced in Windows 10. You can customize Start Menu by following these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Click Start.
    These are the options that you can see under Start:

• With the Show more tiles, you can expand tile column.
    • Turning on Occasionally show suggestions in Start will show suggestions in Windows 10.
    • Show most used apps will show most used apps list on Start Menu.
    • Enabling Show recently added apps will display the program you installed last.
    • You can also view Start Menu in full screen by enabling Use Start full screen.
    • Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar
      will show your recently opened items.
    • To choose what apps or folders you like to appear on you Start Menu, you can click
      Choose which folders appear on Start.
    Note: You can also resize the Start Menu by simply dragging the top or the right edge of the Start Menu.

Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Why can't I drag a folder to the right side of the start menu?

How do ya add to window start menu?

Make a Start menu shortcut to it in the All Programs section. Then drag it to the top left of the original Cascade menu. (Where windows update normally is).
    lol @ folder name

theonetruewill, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Why can't I drag a folder to the right side of the start menu?

1. Why can't I drag a folder to the right side of the start menu? - Similar Threads - Why can't drag

2. Disable right click drag menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable right click drag menu: Hello! So I find this annoying feature on my Windows. Every time I try to right click a file, I accidentally keep dragging it instead of right clicking and then pulls up this menu:How do I disable this feature? Thanks!...
  3. Disable right click drag menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable right click drag menu: Hello! So I find this annoying feature on my Windows. Every time I try to right click a file, I accidentally keep dragging it instead of right clicking and then pulls up this menu:How do I disable this feature? Thanks!...
  4. Disable right click drag menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu: Just finally was able to get my W8.1 upgraded to W10. Now I can't drag or rearrange any of the tiles on my Start Menu. When I click and hold the left mouse button on a tile and attempt to drag the icon, nothing happens, and as soon as I let go of the left mouse button, it...
  6. Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu: Just finally was able to get my W8.1 upgraded to W10. Now I can't drag or rearrange any of the tiles on my Start Menu. When I click and hold the left mouse button on a tile and attempt to drag the icon, nothing happens, and as soon as I let go of the left mouse button, it...
  7. Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list.: How do I get them on the alpha list? submitted by /u/richfield1945 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvf33o/apps_on_start_menu_right_side_not_appearing_on/
  9. Adding custom folders to left side of start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding custom folders to left side of start menu: Hi, I was wondering if there was a way of adding custom folders instead of download , music etc folders on left of start menu. I have tried kinda everything from personalize settings and start settings. but nothing seems to work out. Thank you for your help....
  10. Can't drag and drop within the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't drag and drop within the Start Menu: Hi, Windows 10 doesn't seem to allow drag and dropping within the Start Menu... As a result, I can't place anything there which doesn't include a "Pin to Start" option upon right click. I'm also unable to drag/drop onto existing Start Menu items (see attached). Is...