Windows 10: Why can't I end tasks from the tray?

Discus and support Why can't I end tasks from the tray? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This seems like such a basic concept yet it is not implemented. I literally just now log out and logged back in because my game froze on fullscreen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tormasiattila15, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Why can't I end tasks from the tray?

This seems like such a basic concept yet it is not implemented. I literally just now log out and logged back in because my game froze on fullscreen and I when I opened task manager it switched back to the game. Alt+F4 does not work because the game does not respond. Tray close does not work because the game does not respond. The only thing you can do is either wait for the game to crash or restart/log out

submitted by /u/tormasiattila15
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tormasiattila15, Feb 6, 2021

2. Windows 10 Task Manager "End Task" does not end task.

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Does it show any error message while performing End Task Through
    Task Manager?

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to end the task and check if you’re able to

Safe mode:

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
      Shift key and click on Restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced options.
    • Click on Startup Settings.
    • Click on Restart.
    • When your PC starts up, you'll see a light blue screen with the Startup Settings menu. You can now choose an option using your keyboard (number keys or function keys). To start up in Safe Mode, press
      4 or F4. To start up in Safe Mode with networking, press
      5 or F5. To start up in Safe Mode with the Command Prompt, press
      6 or F6. If you change your mind and decide you don't want to boot into Safe Mode after all, hit
      Enter to boot normally.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 6, 2021
  3. skytrails Win User
    desktop agent tray error message in windows 10

I tried the following suggestion. When I got to step 4, the list provided no checkmarks to uncheck and the icon for Desktop Agent Tray was a checkmark in a yellow circle. nothing happened when I clicked on the yellow circle with the checkmark. the title
    on the list was Desktop Agent Tray(2) Clicking on the title opened a title beneath the Desktop Agent Tray (2) which did not have the (2)

the publisher of both titles was CenturyLink Inc and the status for the entry with the (2) was enabled and the status of the other entry was blank. Changing the status to disabled did nothing. the Start up impact was listed as high. There was another
    entry under the two Desktop Agent Tray titles There was an icon then Dw20 with a high start up impact. No where was there a place to uncheck or delete. So far the box which lists the error disappears and there seems to be no problem. I just wonder why
    it is there,

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

skytrails, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Why can't I end tasks from the tray?

Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Why can't I end tasks from the tray?

1. Why can't I end tasks from the tray? - Similar Threads - Why can't end

2. I accidentally ended tasks!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally ended tasks!!: Hey , I accidentally ended tasks in task managerCan I see the history of ended tasks?Btw I restarted my computer so can I see that history?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-ended-tasks/54d170f2-2db5-4306-929a-b3d9149790db
  3. I accidentally ended tasks!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally ended tasks!!: Hey , I accidentally ended tasks in task managerCan I see the history of ended tasks?Btw I restarted my computer so can I see that history?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-ended-tasks/54d170f2-2db5-4306-929a-b3d9149790db
  4. I accidentally ended tasks!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I ended the window explorer process from the task manager…

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ended the window explorer process from the task manager…: So…my laptop wasn’t showing my internet options, I looked up some videos on how to solve it. In one video it said try restarting the WINDOWS EXPLORER FROM YOUR TASK MANAGER. I tried doing it but accidentally ended the task, my screen went black. I didn’t know what to do so I...
  6. I ended the window explorer process from the task manager…

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I ended the window explorer process from the task manager…: So…my laptop wasn’t showing my internet options, I looked up some videos on how to solve it. In one video it said try restarting the WINDOWS EXPLORER FROM YOUR TASK MANAGER. I tried doing it but accidentally ended the task, my screen went black. I didn’t know what to do so I...
  7. Should I end this task?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I end this task?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/patoomag [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j74ke3/should_i_end_this_task/
  8. Minimizing an open window from task tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minimizing an open window from task tray: in earlier versions of windows, when you click an icon of an open program in the task bar it would minimize it. Won't work in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizing-an-open-window-from-task-tray/48e66708-d56c-45cc-927d-4d9960ded775
  9. Why does Close not end the task?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does Close not end the task?: I've been using Microsoft products since DOS 2.10, so I understand the technical reasons, but I don't understand the design choice. If I have a program that is misbehaving/hanging etc and I right click on the icon on the Taskbar and click "close". Why does it not believe...
  10. ending task??

in Windows 10 Support
    ending task??: trying to end a task in the task manager and it keeps jumping around how do I stop it so I can find the task I want to end!! 119891