Windows 10: Why can't I extend C partition past 2 Tb on a 4 Tb drive?

Discus and support Why can't I extend C partition past 2 Tb on a 4 Tb drive? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows will not let me extend C drive partition past 2 Tb why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HowardWeeks, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Why can't I extend C partition past 2 Tb on a 4 Tb drive?

Windows will not let me extend C drive partition past 2 Tb why?

:)

HowardWeeks, Apr 13, 2020

2. Hard Drive "C" 250 GB Partition of 2 TB Hard Drive

I have 2 TB hard drive internal Desk Top and I done partition into 4 part, in which "C" Hard drive is 1 of 4 but due "C" Drive getting full; I would like remove the partition & like to use full 2 TB as "C" Hard Drive. So, Please, Guide What are Options; how
    I can extend the volume of "C" Hard Drive or convert the full 2TB to "C" Hard Drive.

CHANNESHASHETTY, Apr 13, 2020
  3. large 4 tb drive but windows only recognizes 2 TB

Trying to figure out a workaround to utilize the second partition on my 4 TB drive. The drive shows an active partition of 2048 GB and an unallocated partition of 1678 GB. I cannot format, activate or do anything as all options presented when I right click
    are greyed out.

I know this has to have been presented before and I am sorry for the redundant entry but I was unable to locate a listing or a search box.

DarrenIrving1, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Why can't I extend C partition past 2 Tb on a 4 Tb drive?

Large 4 tb drive but Windows only recognizes 2 TB

Trying to figure out a workaround to utilize the second partition on my 4 TB drive. The

drive shows an active partition of 2048 GB. I cannot format, activate or do anything.

ChiMansfield, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Why can't I extend C partition past 2 Tb on a 4 Tb drive?

1. Why can't I extend C partition past 2 Tb on a 4 Tb drive? - Similar Threads - Why can't extend

2. Should 2 TB folder have a second partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should 2 TB folder have a second partition?: So I upgraded to a 2 TB drive and cloned the old drive. The old drive looked like the attached below--it had the FAT32, and unformatted Primary very small 16 MB, and NTFS Primary which was the main "C" drive and a second NTFS Primary labeled "Windows RE Tools None. When I...
  3. Should 2 TB folder have a second partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should 2 TB folder have a second partition?: So I upgraded to a 2 TB drive and cloned the old drive. The old drive looked like the attached below--it had the FAT32, and unformatted Primary very small 16 MB, and NTFS Primary which was the main "C" drive and a second NTFS Primary labeled "Windows RE Tools None. When I...
  4. Should 2 TB folder have a second partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB 2 TB flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 2 TB flash drive: My computer read this usb drive at one time now isnt reading it. Can anyone help. I checked the drivers and the settings but it hasnt helped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-2-tb-flash-drive/8eaf1b7f-26d1-4e4d-9152-065263607892
  6. Installed 4 TB disk, ended up with 2 TB disk and 1.6 TB unallocated.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installed 4 TB disk, ended up with 2 TB disk and 1.6 TB unallocated.: I installed a Western Digital Black 4 TB disk with the NTSF file system with the New Simple Volume. It replaced a Western Digital Blue 2 TB drive as the G drive. Ended up with a 2 TB disk and 1.6 unallocated. Please tell me how to fix this. I really don't know what I'm...
  7. large 4 tb drive but windows only recognizes 2 TB

large 4 tb drive but windows only recognizes 2 TB: Trying to figure out a workaround to utilize the second partition on my 4 TB drive. The drive shows an active partition of 2048 GB and an unallocated partition of 1678 GB. I cannot format, activate or do anything as all options presented when I right click are greyed out....
  8. Large 4 tb drive but Windows only recognizes 2 TB

Large 4 tb drive but Windows only recognizes 2 TB: Trying to figure out a workaround to utilize the second partition on my 4 TB drive. The drive shows an active partition of 2048 GB. I cannot format, activate or do anything....
  9. Replace present C drive with larger 2 Tb drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace present C drive with larger 2 Tb drive: My C drive is only 118 Gb. with 23.8 Gb free space. I have a 2 Tb. external Hard drive that I would like to make my C drive with Macrium Reflect image back-up on the 2Tb disk. Should I proceed with putting the 2 Tb Hd in the place of my existing C drive & boot with the boot...
  10. Cannot view area/data of hard drive above 2 TB of 4 TB hard drive

Cannot view area/data of hard drive above 2 TB of 4 TB hard drive: I had to uninstall Acronis True Image 2013 which seemed to be the issue with my Windows 10 64bit PC having many BSODs. Un-installing Acronis True Image 2013 meant that I lost the use of Acronis Extended Capacity Manager to make use of all of my Western Digital Black 4 TB hard...