Windows 10: Why can't I find any files when I want to change the icon on a desktop app? Win 11

Discus and support Why can't I find any files when I want to change the icon on a desktop app? Win 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Screenshots, png, BMP, JPG files aren't showing up when I go under "Change Icon." What's odd is that i can find the files when I open files in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tommyboy192, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Why can't I find any files when I want to change the icon on a desktop app? Win 11

Screenshots, png, BMP, JPG files aren't showing up when I go under "Change Icon." What's odd is that i can find the files when I open files in the computer. It's only under the "change icon" when I click on the app properties that no images or screenshots show up.

:)

Tommyboy192, Nov 28, 2022
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. Change the font of my desktop icons

Hi Domi,

Windows 10 make it easier for you to personalize your computer by going to the Settings app. Some options from Control Panel has been moved to the Settings app just to bring all the settings under one roof.

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Themes.
    • Under Themes, select Theme settings.
    • On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.
    To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click View.
    • Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.
    Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 28, 2022
  4. Why can't I find any files when I want to change the icon on a desktop app? Win 11

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

Why can't I find any files when I want to change the icon on a desktop app? Win 11

1. Why can't I find any files when I want to change the icon on a desktop app? Win 11 - Similar Threads - Why can't find

2. bluetooth can't find any device when I update to win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth can't find any device when I update to win 11: Hi, I don't know why my pc can't find any bluetooth device. I have tried to reinstall the bluetooth and download from intel, but it didn't work...
  3. bluetooth can't find any device when I update to win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth can't find any device when I update to win 11: Hi, I don't know why my pc can't find any bluetooth device. I have tried to reinstall the bluetooth and download from intel, but it didn't work...
  4. Windows 11: When I change a file name on the desktop, the icon moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: When I change a file name on the desktop, the icon moves: FOCUS: This problem happens when a file on the desktop is renamed. File should be in an empty right-most portion of the desktop. It is unrelated to the settings for aligining icons or auto-arrange. Steps to repro.1. Put a file icon in the righthand side of the desktop. There...
  5. Windows 11: When I change a file name on the desktop, the icon moves

Windows 11: When I change a file name on the desktop, the icon moves: FOCUS: This problem happens when a file on the desktop is renamed. File should be in an empty right-most portion of the desktop. It is unrelated to the settings for aligining icons or auto-arrange. Steps to repro.1. Put a file icon in the righthand side of the desktop. There...
  6. Windows 11: When I change a file name on the desktop, the icon moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: When I change a file name on the desktop, the icon moves: I'm running Windows 11, all updates have been installed, version is Windows 11 Pro 22H2, build 22621.1105When I rename a file that is on the desktop, the icon for the file immediately moves to the lefthand side of the desktop, the first available space from the top. This is a...
  7. Windows 11: When I change a file name on the desktop, the icon moves

Windows 11: When I change a file name on the desktop, the icon moves: I'm running Windows 11, all updates have been installed, version is Windows 11 Pro 22H2, build 22621.1105When I rename a file that is on the desktop, the icon for the file immediately moves to the lefthand side of the desktop, the first available space from the top. This is a...
  8. Why can't I find any files when I want to change the icon on a desktop app? Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I find any files when I want to change the icon on a desktop app? Win 11: Screenshots, png, BMP, JPG files aren't showing up when I go under "Change Icon." What's odd is that i can find the files when I open files in the computer. It's only under the "change icon" when I click on the app properties that no images or screenshots show up....
  9. Why can't I find my real desktop in File Explorer?

Why can't I find my real desktop in File Explorer?: For some reason when I navigate to my Desktop in Explorer, it isn't my actual desktop. In Explorer there are only 4 or five shortcuts, but I have lots of different things on my actual desktop. Why do they not match, and how can I find the real location where the files are...
  10. Problem when I Right Click on a Desktop Icon or on any file

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem when I Right Click on a Desktop Icon or on any file: I have just sat and read through all 27 pages in case someone had already posted about my problem, but this is not the case. I upgraded to 20H2 yesterday. All very painless and relatively fast. However, I have a problem that when I Right Click on a Desktop Icon or on any...