Windows 10: WHY CANT I FIND MOVIE MAKER ANYWHERE ANYMORE??

Discus and support WHY CANT I FIND MOVIE MAKER ANYWHERE ANYMORE?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had movie Maker on my laptop about four years ago, and while I know it isn't powerful, it was perfect for what I needed. I'm trying to find it now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hipointhipshooter, Dec 2, 2019.

1. WHY CANT I FIND MOVIE MAKER ANYWHERE ANYMORE??

I had movie Maker on my laptop about four years ago, and while I know it isn't powerful, it was perfect for what I needed. I'm trying to find it now, and all I can find are bootleg apps with a watermark claiming to be genuine movie Maker programs, which I know isn't true, or apps on the windows store titled movie Maker, but its not the same thing in the slightest. Please help. All I want is the simple, free program I had four years ago.

submitted by /u/hipointhipshooter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hipointhipshooter, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Movie Maker does not record anymore

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

As a first step, I suggest repair Movie Maker and check if it works for you. This is to check if there is any missing or damaged files for Windows Essentials.

Follow the steps below repair Movie Maker:

1. Press Windows + R, input AppWiz.cpl, then click
    OK.

2. Search for Windows Essentials 2012 on the list and then select it.

3. Click Uninstall/Change.

4. Click Repair all Windows Essentials programs.

For further reference, you may refer to the following Microsoft Help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/movie-maker-common-errors-faq

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 2, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows Movie Maker

Hi,

To get a better grasp of your Windows Movie Maker's issue, kindly provide the following:

• The version of your Windows Movie Maker.
    • Troubleshooting steps already provided.
    In the meantime, if you have purchased or downloaded the said app from our Windows Store, I suggest that you try and run our troubleshooter by clicking this
    link.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

WHY CANT I FIND MOVIE MAKER ANYWHERE ANYMORE??

Windows Movie Maker not recognizing .avi files

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

We would suggest you to repair the Windows Live Movie Maker and check.

Follow the below steps to repair Windows Live Movie Maker.

• Type appwiz.cpl in the search box and hit Enter.
    • Right click Windows Essentials 2012 and select repair.
    Hope this information helps.

Arul_D, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

WHY CANT I FIND MOVIE MAKER ANYWHERE ANYMORE??

1. WHY CANT I FIND MOVIE MAKER ANYWHERE ANYMORE?? - Similar Threads - WHY CANT FIND

2. Movie Maker:

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Movie Maker:: For some reason all my pictures are showing up in a screwed up style where half the picture is vertical and the other half is horizontal. I don't know how I managed to do this. I don't make movies, just take pictures and can't figure out how to get rid of Movie Maker and get...
  3. movie maker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    movie maker: Where is Movie maker on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/614c0c08-78be-462f-85a8-bf8fab537b7f
  4. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Movie Maker: I have had Movie Maker downloaded to Windows 10 since 10 first came out. Have not been able to transfer movie to a CD with current CD/DVD player in Windows 10 which I guess was Intended. I have seen a CD/DVD Player made by Memorex which is USB compatible. It lets you...
  5. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movie Maker: After upgrades my projects in movie maker can't be completed. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/faec8cd5-5c42-4071-8169-59432369e6a8
  6. movie maker

in Windows 10 Customization
    movie maker: Can I set things up so the movie restarts - i.e. runs in a loop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/105acc25-3935-45da-afa2-dd05b9ed422d
  7. Movie maker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movie maker: I have made a Project in Movie Maker. I saved this Project, and also saved an mp4-file. I also made a new name of the Project (and I understand now that this was wrong.) I now have to make som changes in the Project (film) - but a lot of the film-Clip is not there. Black...
  8. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Movie Maker: I am using Movie Maker Version 2012. I am unable to show it on other computers. Is there a solution to this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/movie-maker/eac7668f-f097-40d6-b55a-c76702644200
  9. movie maker

movie maker: i was able to extract some of my files from my old computer window 7... I've got a new computer but does not have the movie maker...how can I load the movie maker from my old computer my new computer got a windows 10...
  10. Movie makers

Movie makers: Since upgrading to windows 10 my Movie Maker 2.6 no longer works. I tried to change the compatibility mode but it is set for Vista and is unchangeable. I is there a "Freeware" (Not free to download but have to purchase) program for making movies. I only use this once in a...