Windows 10: Why can't I find my downloads folder?

Discus and support Why can't I find my downloads folder? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In my computer, when I download a new file for something, it goes straight to my Hard Drive H:. Under Quick Access, and under This PC, there isn't a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FoxUnicorn21, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Why can't I find my downloads folder?

In my computer, when I download a new file for something, it goes straight to my Hard Drive H:. Under Quick Access, and under This PC, there isn't a "Downloads" folder. All the downloads are straight to my H: drive.Is there any way to change this? I want downloads to be stored on my H: drive, but I want it to be its own folder under quick access and This PC.

:)

FoxUnicorn21, Jan 22, 2023

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 22, 2023
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jan 22, 2023
  4. WojtasRed Win User

Why can't I find my downloads folder?

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Jan 22, 2023
Thema:

Why can't I find my downloads folder?

1. Why can't I find my downloads folder? - Similar Threads - Why can't find

2. I can't find the path to my download folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find the path to my download folder: I haven't had access to my download file for several weeks. I get an error message telling me that it can't be found. photo attachedWhether I click on the desktop shortcut or in the menu pane on this computer, I can't access it.French to english translation :Location not...
  3. I can't find the path to my download folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't find the path to my download folder: I haven't had access to my download file for several weeks. I get an error message telling me that it can't be found. photo attachedWhether I click on the desktop shortcut or in the menu pane on this computer, I can't access it.French to english translation :Location not...
  4. Why can't I download multiple files and/or folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I download multiple files and/or folders?: I am trying to figure out how to download multiple files and/or folders? I can't find the download button on the website, or even the Android app. But, for some reason, the Onedrive app won't even open on my Windows 10 desktop....
  5. Why can't I download multiple files and/or folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I download multiple files and/or folders?: I am trying to figure out how to download multiple files and/or folders? I can't find the download button on the website, or even the Android app. But, for some reason, the Onedrive app won't even open on my Windows 10 desktop....
  6. Why can't I download multiple files and/or folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Why can't I find my downloads folder?

Why can't I find my downloads folder?: In my computer, when I download a new file for something, it goes straight to my Hard Drive H:. Under Quick Access, and under This PC, there isn't a "Downloads" folder. All the downloads are straight to my H: drive.Is there any way to change this? I want downloads to be...
  8. Why can't I find my downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I find my downloads folder?: In my computer, when I download a new file for something, it goes straight to my Hard Drive H:. Under Quick Access, and under This PC, there isn't a "Downloads" folder. All the downloads are straight to my H: drive.Is there any way to change this? I want downloads to be...
  9. i can't find the .minecraft folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't find the .minecraft folder: I can't find the .minecraft folder yes, all steps if you wanna help, note that im in the starter version and also 1.16.4 wait im in windows 10 too https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-the-minecraft-folder/2ddeed8d-8688-41af-8582-d219c44a7383
  10. I can't find my Downloads folder

I can't find my Downloads folder: I can't find my Downloads folder through the File Manager or through the cmd prompt but I can access it by typing the path in the address bar C:\Users\name\Downloads...