Windows 10: Why can't I find my real desktop in File Explorer?

Discus and support Why can't I find my real desktop in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some reason when I navigate to my Desktop in Explorer, it isn't my actual desktop. In Explorer there are only 4 or five shortcuts, but I have lots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IE_510, May 25, 2022.

1. IE_510 Win User

Why can't I find my real desktop in File Explorer?

For some reason when I navigate to my Desktop in Explorer, it isn't my actual desktop. In Explorer there are only 4 or five shortcuts, but I have lots of different things on my actual desktop. Why do they not match, and how can I find the real location where the files are stored?The problem might be that I just disconnected my computer from OneDrive, and previously the files in my OneDrive Desktop were showing up on my actual Desktop, but now the real Desktop doesn't match either file location! Any ideas what's going on?Here's the Desktop in File Explorer:And here's my actual Desktop:

:)

IE_510, May 25, 2022
  2. sturpe Win User

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, May 25, 2022
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 25, 2022
  4. Why can't I find my real desktop in File Explorer?

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, May 25, 2022
Thema:

Why can't I find my real desktop in File Explorer?

1. Why can't I find my real desktop in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - Why can't find

2. Why I can't find CMD file anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I can't find CMD file anymore: Hi, I was doing some stuff and I needed to rename the CMD file, I get back to put the original name but the file desaparece. Please help me, i don't know what to do...
  3. Why I can't find CMD file anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why I can't find CMD file anymore: Hi, I was doing some stuff and I needed to rename the CMD file, I get back to put the original name but the file desaparece. Please help me, i don't know what to do...
  4. Why can't I find my real desktop in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I find my real desktop in File Explorer?: For some reason when I navigate to my Desktop in Explorer, it isn't my actual desktop. In Explorer there are only 4 or five shortcuts, but I have lots of different things on my actual desktop. Why do they not match, and how can I find the real location where the files are...
  5. Why can't I find my real desktop in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I find my real desktop in File Explorer?: For some reason when I navigate to my Desktop in Explorer, it isn't my actual desktop. In Explorer there are only 4 or five shortcuts, but I have lots of different things on my actual desktop. Why do they not match, and how can I find the real location where the files are...
  6. Windows Explorer can't find files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer can't find files: My computer was working fine yesterday. Today, I needed to look at a pdf in the Downloads folder, but for all files in the Download folder, I get the message: 'Windows cannot find "C:\Users\My Name\Downloads\File Name'. Outside of the Downloads folder, about half the...
  7. Why can't I find files on my PC with Windows Explorer

in Cortana
    Why can't I find files on my PC with Windows Explorer: I spend hours searching through folders for files, images etc that I know exist on the system, but the search facility in Windows 10 doesn't find them. It sometimes will not find files that I've just saved - I can locate them, but explorer can't. In explorer I click on the...
  8. Why can't I open the file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I open the file explorer?: I cannot open the file explorer. Whenever I click it, the screen just blinks then goes back to the same screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-open-the-file-explorer/ba99c094-eb8a-4ac4-a22d-cde159e6d768"
  9. Why does File Explorer not find all files?

in Cortana
    Why does File Explorer not find all files?: Have a lot of PDF Books and some things were being added to other folders and stuff getting mixed from time to time. I took every file out of its folder and into one big area in File Explorer. When all done, I go to the search button, then I go up to the search ribbon and...
  10. Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer: My Desktop is showing icons as normal. But if I try to find what is on my desktop by using file manager, I cannot find the icon. I also checked under C;\user my name, public, default and no desktop listed on any of them. Any suggestions? 101768