Windows 10: Why can't I find or download Print Management in Windows 11?

Discus and support Why can't I find or download Print Management in Windows 11? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been watching some YouTube videos on Printer Troubleshooting and taking notes later when the video brought up Print Management. For some reason I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tony Wolter, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Why can't I find or download Print Management in Windows 11?

I've been watching some YouTube videos on Printer Troubleshooting and taking notes later when the video brought up Print Management. For some reason I can't find Print Management on my computer. Furthermore, when I try to follow Google's instructions:Step 1: Press Windows + I to open the Settings app.Step 2: On the left pane, click Apps, and on the right, click Optional features.Step 3: Click the view features button.Step 4: Search for Print Management, click it and click Next.Step 5: Click Install.I can't find Optional features where they say it is to download it, but I did a search and found

:)

Tony Wolter, Feb 25, 2024
  2. HQM1024 Win User

Print Management for Windows 11

Hi Robinson,

Thank you for your help. I tried the method you suggested and get the following results:

Step 1: Run Windows Terminal (Admin) -- OK

Step 2: I ran the command and get the following error:

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.22000.1

Image Version: 10.0.22000.376

Error: 87

A Windows capability name was not recognized.

Step 3: I assumed the Print Management console was not previously installed on my computer, and ran the installation command. I received a message saying the installation was completed successfully.

Step 4: I ran the command to check and get the following error:

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.22000.1

Image Version: 10.0.22000.376

Error: 87

A Windows capability name was not recognized.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

I tried the other command and the Print Management console was listed as "Staged" and not "Installed".

I'm still unable to run printmanagement.msc from Windows Run.

Are you familiar with this error? Can you help me with it? Thank you so much!

HQM1024, Feb 25, 2024
  3. HQM1024 Win User

I'm trying to access Print Management in Windows 11, but neither running the printmanagement.msc file nor adding the feature from Optional features work. The list of optional features available for install doesn't include "Print Management", and it's not on the list of installed features. Is this feature removed from Windows 11? If so, how can I fix the problem of Windows not recognizing Adobe PDF as a printer anymore? I tried repairing Adobe Acrobat DC installation but that didn't work.

HQM1024, Feb 25, 2024
  4. Why can't I find or download Print Management in Windows 11?

Hi Robinson,

Thanks for the suggestion. I followed your instructions and my repaired Windows 11 installation, and after repairing printmanagement.msc still would not run and Print Management still did not show up as one of the available features for installing.

I went back and followed the steps to install it via Windows Terminal command that you showed me, and while I'm running them, I can see the progress being updated in the Settings window (screenshot below), but after it was completed, it still did not show up in the list of installed features, and running the command to check I received Error 87 again.

Why can't I find or download Print Management in Windows 11? e9102a03-ba42-43df-97f9-da2f573318be?upload=true.png

At this point I'm completely lost. I don't know what went wrong with my computer or Windows 11 installation. My only explanation left was maybe because it's a Windows 11 Home and not a Pro edition? But that didn't make sense because I was able to use Adobe Print to PDF before. It only went wrong a few of days ago.

Thanks again for your help on this.

I am having the same issue as you HQM1024. And my laptop computer is brand new and came with Windows 11 Home installed.

TheDoubleD, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

Why can't I find or download Print Management in Windows 11?

1. Why can't I find or download Print Management in Windows 11? - Similar Threads - Why can't find

2. Why can't I find or download Print Management in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I find or download Print Management in Windows 11?: I've been watching some YouTube videos on Printer Troubleshooting and taking notes later when the video brought up Print Management. For some reason I can't find Print Management on my computer. Furthermore, when I try to follow Google's instructions:Step 1: Press Windows + I...
  3. why can't i print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i print: buygn7ygmuyhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn000000000000000000 000000000000077...
  4. why can't i print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't i print: buygn7ygmuyhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn000000000000000000 000000000000077...
  5. Why can't I download Windows 11?

Why can't I download Windows 11?: When I click on "Check for Updates" it says no updates found, which usually means I do not meet the requirements even though I do. I downloaded the "PC Health Check" app and it states my PC is eligible to download Windows 11, I just can't find it....
  6. Why can't I download Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I download Windows 11?: When I click on "Check for Updates" it says no updates found, which usually means I do not meet the requirements even though I do. I downloaded the "PC Health Check" app and it states my PC is eligible to download Windows 11, I just can't find it....
  7. Why can't I find my downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I find my downloads folder?: In my computer, when I download a new file for something, it goes straight to my Hard Drive H:. Under Quick Access, and under This PC, there isn't a "Downloads" folder. All the downloads are straight to my H: drive.Is there any way to change this? I want downloads to be...
  8. Why can't I find my downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I find my downloads folder?: In my computer, when I download a new file for something, it goes straight to my Hard Drive H:. Under Quick Access, and under This PC, there isn't a "Downloads" folder. All the downloads are straight to my H: drive.Is there any way to change this? I want downloads to be...
  9. Why can't I find my downloads folder?

10. Unable to find Print management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to find Print management: Hi I am trying to remove old printers from documents history by removing printer drivers, but cannot find the page Administrative Tools/Print management any more. Has it vanished with a latest update? Can someone please help? Thanks...