Windows 10: Why can't I find the "Network Address" in the property section of my wifi configurationI...

Discus and support Why can't I find the "Network Address" in the property section of my wifi configurationI... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a way that tab can appear?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by b.randon.tran, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Why can't I find the "Network Address" in the property section of my wifi configurationI...

Is there a way that tab can appear?

:)

b.randon.tran, Jan 18, 2021

2. 'Network Address' property not displaying for wireless adapter

If you go to the "Device Manager" control panel window, and open the 'Network Adapters' drop down, there is a list of different Network Adapters. My goal was to change the MAC address on my wireless adapter that I use to connect to the wifi. You can do
    this by displaying the properties of a network adapter in the list. When I open up the 'advanced' tab in the properties window, only 4 properties show up, none of which allow me to change my mac address, however I am able to change my mac address of the computer
    itself, but this does nothing.

MaxStowell, Jan 18, 2021
  3. robobean Win User
    WiFi adapter DNS address not updated

Hi. At work today I configured a WiFi connection using a static IP address, including a static DNS address (I'm a programmer). This is saved in my list of known networks. I have another 'known network' for connecting at home which is set to DHCP. When
    I connected at home this evening, the DNS server I specified earlier is being used. When I open the adapter settings and open IPv4 properties, it is set to obtain address automatically.

I can specify my router's IP address as the DNS server in the IPv4 properties, which works, but I can't do this in the saved WiFi connection, as I cannot specify DHCP and assign a static DNS address.

How can I get Windows to use a static address for one network and auto assigned addresses for a different network?

Thanks!

robobean, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Zaki_j Win User

Why can't I find the "Network Address" in the property section of my wifi configurationI...

No wifi networks Windows 10

Hello Pete,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are not able to connect to a wifi network after upgrading to Windows 10.
    We appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information about the issue.

This issue may occur if unsupported VPN software is installed in Windows 8.1 and is present during the upgrade to Windows 10. Older software versions contain a filter driver (the Deterministic Network Enhancer) that is not upgraded
    correctly.

Method 1:

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the
    registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Please take a backup of the registry. Follow the steps given in the link below:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I suggest you refer and follow the steps mentioned in the KB article and check if it resolves the issue
    Computer that has VPN software installed can't detect wireless network after upgrading
    to Windows 10

Method 2: Make sure your router is set to broadcast the network name.

1. Connect your PC to the router using an Ethernet cable.
      2. Open a web browser and type the IP address for your wireless router. (For example, 192.168.1.1 or 172.16.0.0—check the documentation for your router to find the default IP address.)
      3. Sign in with your user name and password, then make sure an option labeled Enable SSID Broadcast, Wireless SSID broadcast, or
        something similar is turned on. This setting is often on a Wireless Settings page.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you refer and follow the suggestions on how to
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Additional information:

HP PCs - Wireless Network and Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04649175

HP PCs - Advanced Wireless Network and Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06282875

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Why can't I find the "Network Address" in the property section of my wifi configurationI...

1. Why can't I find the "Network Address" in the property section of my wifi configurationI... - Similar Threads - Why can't find

2. Where exactly can I find the "Network Address" setting in my wifi properties tab?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where exactly can I find the "Network Address" setting in my wifi properties tab?: Hello! I am someone who is having some problems when it comes to bypassing a timed wifi shutoff. After looking at a few tutorials, I've determined that the easiest way is to randomize the Network Address value in the configure tab of my network properties, however, when I...
  3. Where exactly can I find the "Network Address" setting in my wifi properties tab?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where exactly can I find the "Network Address" setting in my wifi properties tab?: Hello! I am someone who is having some problems when it comes to bypassing a timed wifi shutoff. After looking at a few tutorials, I've determined that the easiest way is to randomize the Network Address value in the configure tab of my network properties, however, when I...
  4. Where exactly can I find the "Network Address" setting in my wifi properties tab?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I can't find the WiFi tab or connect to my home network

I can't find the WiFi tab or connect to my home network: On my windows 11 pc I can't connect to any internet at all and the WiFi tab doesn't show up I have restarted the computer then reset my WiFi settings but nothing works, what should I do?...
  6. I can't find the WiFi tab or connect to my home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find the WiFi tab or connect to my home network: On my windows 11 pc I can't connect to any internet at all and the WiFi tab doesn't show up I have restarted the computer then reset my WiFi settings but nothing works, what should I do?...
  7. Why can I no longer find my network address using Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I no longer find my network address using Windows 10.: I cannot connect to the internet on my computer using Windows 10. My Internet address is no longer visible on the available networks list . I noticed that I had a Hidden Network but I tried to sign in using my address and it did not recognize it. I looked at an earlier post...
  8. Why can I no longer find my network address using Windows 10.

Why can I no longer find my network address using Windows 10.: I cannot connect to the internet on my computer using Windows 10. My Internet address is no longer visible on the available networks list . I noticed that I had a Hidden Network but I tried to sign in using my address and it did not recognize it. I looked at an earlier post...
  9. Can't find wifi network

Can't find wifi network: Hello. I'm experiencing a problem about the Wifi network. When I connect to a network, My wi-fi network doesn't show up on the list. And only other wi-fi network is detected. Then I restarted the wifi, it says "can't find wifi network" on the list. Only restarting the laptop...
  10. Wireless network card can't find WiFi networks

Wireless network card can't find WiFi networks: Hi! I own a MS Surface Pro 3. It has a built in Marvell Wireless network card. Suddenly it stopped being able to find available networks. I tried connecting a Wireless USB-adapter, and it finds all the networks here. So how can I fix the built-in network card? I have...