Windows 10: Why cant I get a desktop (tbh I have no idea with Windows 10)

Discus and support Why cant I get a desktop (tbh I have no idea with Windows 10) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just brought a Surface Pro after having a mac for nearly 10 years so I have really no idea what I am doing. I just want a desktop so I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GracieLamphee, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Why cant I get a desktop (tbh I have no idea with Windows 10)

I have just brought a Surface Pro after having a mac for nearly 10 years so I have really no idea what I am doing. I just want a desktop so I can create folders.

I cant seem to access or add a desktop, I am only accessing my apps through the search bar.

Please I need some urgent help

Thanks,

Gracie

:)

GracieLamphee, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 28, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

Why cant I get a desktop (tbh I have no idea with Windows 10)

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Why cant I get a desktop (tbh I have no idea with Windows 10)

1. Why cant I get a desktop (tbh I have no idea with Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Why cant desktop

2. Im having black screens and i have no idea why...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Im having black screens and i have no idea why...: Ive recently updated my drivers, re-installed them, checked my memory and I'm still having issues. I need help!! It usually happens while either playing a video game or editing, but sometimes it even happens while reading or writing something....
  3. Why cant i update drivers with Windows Update? this is my personal PC i have no idea why it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why cant i update drivers with Windows Update? this is my personal PC i have no idea why it...: why does it say this? ive reset group policy but nothing is working. i also have to reach a character requirement so i'm gonna just keep tying....
  4. Random BlSOD and I have no idea why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BlSOD and I have no idea why: I've got a Dell laptop with windows 10. For the past 2 weeks or so I've had a BSOD problem. I'm doing work and then a random blue screen happens with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error. Then when it restarts I see three lines, one says no bootable device, second one is to go in BIOS...
  5. im getting weird screen glitches in my Windows 10 Mail client and I have no idea why, i...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    im getting weird screen glitches in my Windows 10 Mail client and I have no idea why, i...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Cormac_IRL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jeaqcn/im_getting_weird_screen_glitches_in_my_windows_10/
  6. I have no idea . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have no idea . . .: I don't know why? But, I see no icon's, on my desktop? I have a slideshow running. I see that OK If, I click on, the little yellow box, on the taskbar. All access. I see everything. On the left side, I see the desktop. I open it, and I see everything. Movies, Videos,...
  7. i dont have windows deffender and also cant print any ideas of how to get it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i dont have windows deffender and also cant print any ideas of how to get it: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DeadlyTracer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f22orh/i_dont_have_windows_deffender_and_also_cant_print/
  8. i have an idea

in Windows 10 Customization
    i have an idea: Hi Good day I have an idea for a few PCs to monitor without increasing the thickness of the PC The idea is to become more productive if it becomes a product because they are less likely to use Alt+Tab and are heavily used by those who use Alt+Tab when working with a personal...
  9. why cant i get the windows 10 enterprise?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    why cant i get the windows 10 enterprise?: my license include this following stuff ( or at least it says so) Microsoft 365 A3 for students use benefit Whiteboard (Plan 2) Intune for Education Cloud App Security Discovery To-Do (Plan 2) Windows 10 Enterprise Minecraft Education Edition Microsoft Intune Microsoft Azure...
  10. Xbox Enforcement - i have no idea why

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Xbox Enforcement - i have no idea why: I used to be on Xbox, like 6 months ago, I haven't played or chatted with anyone on Xbox since, I am on PC now. I am logged into Windows with the same outlook account as my Xbox but the Windows 10 app literally doesn't work for me it crashes so I am unable to chat to or...