Windows 10: Why can't I get new mail from my google account.? It seems as though Windows wants me to...

Discus and support Why can't I get new mail from my google account.? It seems as though Windows wants me to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have not been able to obtain any new mail fro my Google account since this past Tuesday. Microsoft has been sending me notices, stating that I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChristineAlbanese, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Why can't I get new mail from my google account.? It seems as though Windows wants me to...

I have not been able to obtain any new mail fro my Google account since this past Tuesday. Microsoft has been sending me notices, stating that I need to update my Google account. When I look into doing so, I see an e mail , warning me that Windows wants to take over my Google account and they plan to erase all of my emails and my contacts. Why would i want to do that?

:)

ChristineAlbanese, Jun 21, 2020
  2. s427 Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

3. peerv Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

First confirm if you have two step authentication in you Google account.
    If YES follow these steps:

To have the Windows Mail app to work you have to generate a password for the Windows Mail app in your Google account at Anmelden – Google Konten
    Copy/paste this password into the password field of your Gmail account in the Mail app Settings/Accounts/Gmail
    This needs to be done only once.

Also check in Windows 10 Settings/Privacy if you have in Contacts AND Calender the Mail and Agenda allowed access ON
    If both are OFF the Mail app won't sync without throwing any error!!
    Just one off the many bugs in Mail app!

peerv, Jun 21, 2020
  4. XVI
    xvi Win User

Why can't I get new mail from my google account.? It seems as though Windows wants me to...

Advice needed : New e-mail account

To add to this.. Many free services "read" your e-mail to deliver targeted advertising. I put read in quotation marks because it's not that group of popular girls from high school snickering to themselves while they read your e-mail, it's a computer. That computer looks for keywords. If it sees "pool" and "barbeque", you're probably going to get ads for lawn chairs and tiki torches. Maybe your e-mail was "Barbeque the bodies in the pool. We can't have the cops find them." Google doesn't know. Google doesn't care.
    In return for this, you get an incredibly secure e-mail account with zero maintenance.

If you would prefer not to have even Google's computers poke through your messages, you can buy a Google for Work account ($5 a month). Honestly, kind of worth it even for a personal account.

Thema:

Why can't I get new mail from my google account.? It seems as though Windows wants me to...

1. Why can't I get new mail from my google account.? It seems as though Windows wants me to... - Similar Threads - Why can't mail

2. I am trying to access my new account, why can't I get in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to access my new account, why can't I get in?: Why can't I access my new March of Empires account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-access-my-new-account-why-cant-i/67ec2a7c-a4f5-44a3-8687-0eef9ebccfa4
  3. I am trying to access my new account, why can't I get in?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I am trying to access my new account, why can't I get in?: Why can't I access my new March of Empires account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-access-my-new-account-why-cant-i/67ec2a7c-a4f5-44a3-8687-0eef9ebccfa4
  4. I am trying to access my new account, why can't I get in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't login to google account in Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to google account in Mail app: In Windows 10 and now after upgrading to Windows 11 I have an issue with login in to my google account in Mail. When I choose Gmail the Google login screen appears, and no matter what I do start typing or just wait, not clicking anything after a few seconds the Google login...
  6. Can't login to google account in Mail app

Can't login to google account in Mail app: In Windows 10 and now after upgrading to Windows 11 I have an issue with login in to my google account in Mail. When I choose Gmail the Google login screen appears, and no matter what I do start typing or just wait, not clicking anything after a few seconds the Google login...
  7. adding a google account to my mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    adding a google account to my mail: I want to add a new google account to my email settings. It wont let me citing error 0x8007042b https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-google-account-to-my-mail/3cb988c4-38cc-4661-b345-fc8a6793c8be
  8. why can't I get my e-mails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why can't I get my e-mails: I am not receiving any e-mails although I know that some have been sent to me. Can you help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-get-my-e-mails/505fcce5-a61c-4df9-8d5d-9351f00372fe
  9. It seems as though I have 2 Microsoft accounts.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    It seems as though I have 2 Microsoft accounts.: When signing in today I apparently created a new account, "ChuckV1", which was established less than an hour ago. How do I get back my original account, "Chuck V" with all my past history? cv...
  10. I can't sync mail with a google account

I can't sync mail with a google account: So I've been trying to sync my google account with windows live mail, but it keeps saying that I need to give the account permission to sync the device. I don't know what else I can do...