Windows 10: Why can't I get past the setup on my laptop?

Discus and support Why can't I get past the setup on my laptop? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Bought a new laptop and it came recently so we were going through the setup process setting up email, setting up WiFi etc but whenever we get to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ben Garner, Jan 21, 2024.

1. Why can't I get past the setup on my laptop?

Bought a new laptop and it came recently so we were going through the setup process setting up email, setting up WiFi etc but whenever we get to the password it gets stuck on loading it up. We've tried turning it off and on again,leaving it to load but nothing. If anyone has any idea please let me know, thank you. The laptop is a geotab intel

:)

Ben Garner, Jan 21, 2024
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 21, 2024
  3. JATownes Win User
    Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, Jan 21, 2024
  4. Why can't I get past the setup on my laptop?

Hang on Android phone in new laptop setup

I am unable to achieve Setup without an Internet connection. It forces me to choose either to plug in a cable (doesnt exist on a laptop), or it picks the first available network on the list and forces me to enter security information. So I tried waiting
    a half hour then running setup again with my own connection but I am still stuck in the same place, on the Android Phone form. It just keeps sending me the text with the link for the app. What does it want? How can I move on past this step?

Starr_Z_OH, Jan 21, 2024
Thema:

Why can't I get past the setup on my laptop?

1. Why can't I get past the setup on my laptop? - Similar Threads - Why can't past

2. Can't get past create pin in new computer setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get past create pin in new computer setup: My spouse just bought a new windows 11 computer, his first in a long time he's been a determined mac user for years but is tired of not being able to play most games on his mac! He's trying to set it up and is stuck on the create pin stage. There's a little blue key icon on...
  3. Can't get past create pin in new computer setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get past create pin in new computer setup: My spouse just bought a new windows 11 computer, his first in a long time he's been a determined mac user for years but is tired of not being able to play most games on his mac! He's trying to set it up and is stuck on the create pin stage. There's a little blue key icon on...
  4. Why can't I get into my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I get into my laptop: It started randomly I don't know what happened but all of the sudden I can't get into my laptop it turns on normally but when I put my pin in it just says welcome and it'd loading it's not frozen I've tried leaving it on when I sleep but when I woke up it was still there with...
  5. Why can't I get into my laptop

Why can't I get into my laptop: It started randomly I don't know what happened but all of the sudden I can't get into my laptop it turns on normally but when I put my pin in it just says welcome and it'd loading it's not frozen I've tried leaving it on when I sleep but when I woke up it was still there with...
  6. Why can't I get past the setup on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I get past the setup on my laptop?: Bought a new laptop and it came recently so we were going through the setup process setting up email, setting up WiFi etc but whenever we get to the password it gets stuck on loading it up. We've tried turning it off and on again,leaving it to load but nothing. If anyone has...
  7. I can't get past through windows 11 setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get past through windows 11 setup: Hi, this computer just arrived and I go through all the basic setup. Language, location, keyboard layout, etc... But when I get to the create pin I can't skip it and when I click the "create pin" button the loading is infinite. And if I click once the loading circle disappear...
  8. I can't get past through windows 11 setup

I can't get past through windows 11 setup: Hi, this computer just arrived and I go through all the basic setup. Language, location, keyboard layout, etc... But when I get to the create pin I can't skip it and when I click the "create pin" button the loading is infinite. And if I click once the loading circle disappear...
  9. windows setup 10 can't get past Network screen and can't be setup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows setup 10 can't get past Network screen and can't be setup.: I've just got a new laptop i'm trying to setup. when it starts up, it says it needs a connection to complete the setup. i connect no problem (used 2 different wifi adapters to be sure) and then it goes to "checking the connection to microsoft this might take a while" and then...
  10. Can't get past the BSOD on laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get past the BSOD on laptop.: I have an HP Pavillion dm4 laptop. It started up fine but my browser would close after a few seconds of it starting. I closed all windows and restarted the laptop via the restart icon on the windows icon. I got the BSOD afterwards and it said that it would restart the laptop...