Windows 10: why can't i get "show more tiles" on the start screen settings menu to take. It simply...

Discus and support why can't i get "show more tiles" on the start screen settings menu to take. It simply... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the settings menu, I click the button for this setting to on but it does not take effect. If I move to another menu item and then back to the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RoySieben, Sep 20, 2018.

1. RoySieben Win User

why can't i get "show more tiles" on the start screen settings menu to take. It simply...

In the settings menu, I click the button for this setting to on but it does not take effect. If I move to another menu item and then back to the start screen menu, the button is turned off. I purchased anew laptop and cannot get this to work. I had no problem with a previous laptop.

:)

RoySieben, Sep 20, 2018

2. How how do you always display text for start menu folders?

Hi,

Start Menu is one of the feature enhanced in Windows 10. You can customize Start Menu by following these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Click Start.
    These are the options that you can see under Start:

• With the Show more tiles, you can expand tile column.
    • Turning on Occasionally show suggestions in Start will show suggestions in Windows 10.
    • Show most used apps will show most used apps list on Start Menu.
    • Enabling Show recently added apps will display the program you installed last.
    • You can also view Start Menu in full screen by enabling Use Start full screen.
    • Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar
      will show your recently opened items.
    • To choose what apps or folders you like to appear on you Start Menu, you can click
      Choose which folders appear on Start.
    Note: You can also resize the Start Menu by simply dragging the top or the right edge of the Start Menu.

Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Yvonne Win User
    Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Sep 20, 2018
  4. why can't i get "show more tiles" on the start screen settings menu to take. It simply...

I can't seem to be able to edit the tiles on the start menu with Windows 10?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What exactly happens when you try to edit the tiles on the start menu?
    • Aren't you able to organize the tiles?

If you have tried it on the Start Menu style, we would suggest you to check in the full screen style and check.

To do so,

• Right click on an empty space in the desktop screen and select Personalize.
    • Click Start and then move the slider to the right to turn on full screen and then try to edit the tiles and check
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

why can't i get "show more tiles" on the start screen settings menu to take. It simply...

1. why can't i get "show more tiles" on the start screen settings menu to take. It simply... - Similar Threads - why can't show

2. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...
  3. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...
  4. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to show more Pinned Tiles on Windows 11 Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    How to show more Pinned Tiles on Windows 11 Start Menu: [ATTACH]Windows 11 is one of the hottest topics in the town of tech. The developers are adding new features and the consumers are loving it. There is a new feature in this OS that allows you to add more programs to the Start Menu. In this article, we are going to see how to...
  6. Start menu/tile screen stays on

Start menu/tile screen stays on: Ever since the latest Edge update I did on 6/20/20 the start/tile screen stays on after you click on one of the tiles. It used to disappear after you clicked on a tile. If you move the cursor outside the start screen and click, than the start screen will disappear. It never...
  7. start menu not showing tiles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    start menu not showing tiles: start menu not showing tiles https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-not-showing-tiles/21e7436d-100f-4d21-aa5d-0d3ea3f2dd29
  8. Windows Start Settings show more tiles disappeared

Windows Start Settings show more tiles disappeared: Hi all, please help me to solve this problem. I am using Windows 10 Home edition. After i formatted it (still the same edition), i found that my Start Settings is different. This Settings suppose look like this, [img] BUT, RIGHT NOW, it look like this, [img]...
  9. Can't manipulate start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't manipulate start menu tiles: It happened a while back and I've found that I can't find any ways to fix it. When I say tile I also mean shortcut. I dont know the correct term. I cannot add new tiles or move/rearrange the existing tiles or tile groups. The only way I can remove them is by finding the...
  10. Can't edit tiles in start menu. Only "more" option appears.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't edit tiles in start menu. Only "more" option appears.: Hello, I'm new here on the forum looking for some help. I've been searching on google for quite some time and I can't find any answers. My problem is that when I right-click on a tile in the start-menu I only get the "more" option and thus I can not edit or remove the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does show more tiles on start look like

2. what does show more tiles on start mean

3. show more tiles on start gray out

4. show more tiles on start greu out