Windows 10: why cant i get Slide Show on windows Photo App anymore. I have searched on Setting, nowhere...

Discus and support why cant i get Slide Show on windows Photo App anymore. I have searched on Setting, nowhere... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why cant i find Slide Show on Windows Photo App anymore.Have looked in Settings nothing there. PLEASE HELP. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stephen Weatherer, Nov 25, 2022.

1. why cant i get Slide Show on windows Photo App anymore. I have searched on Setting, nowhere...

Why cant i find Slide Show on Windows Photo App anymore.Have looked in Settings nothing there. PLEASE HELP. Thanks

:)

Stephen Weatherer, Nov 25, 2022

2. Slide Show issues while accessing Photos

Hello,

Thank you for your continued patience on this issue.

At this point, I suggest you to reinstall the Photo App in Windows and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: Uninstall the Photo App

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Copy and paste the following command in Powershell and press enter:

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

Step 2: Re-install the Photo App from the below link:

Microsoft Photos

Write to us with the updated information. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 25, 2022
  3. dolevhadi Win User
    Search in Photos app

Hi,

I transferred all my photos to OneDrive and changed the system pictures folder to the pictures folder in OneDrive.

I made sure the folder is listed in the Photos app, but all the photos disappeared from the Photos app. I have waited for 40 minutes hoping it will be appear - but nothing.

Finally it came back when I checked the option to show online files from OneDrive. It is a bad solution because there are two options: one - showing photos from all OneDrive, two - showing only photos from the pictures folder in OneDrive.

The pictures folder of OneDrive is not the folder I'm using (still showing nothing), and showing all photos is not what I want.

Also, working "online" while all the photos are located locally on my computer - is too slow and very unnecessary. I couldn't even right-click on a photo and open file location (because it's on OneDrive).

Although, after I unchecked the option to show online files from OneDrive, I saw all my photos from the right folders as listet on the app settings (and could right-click to show folder location), so now it's ok.

The problem now is that in-app search is not working anymore. It doesn't show indexing progress, doesn't suggest face tagging and all functionality of search.

I tried to restart search service, to rebuild index, fix the app in windows settings, reset the app and reboot computer, but nothing helped.

Is there any way to force and restart the app indexing?

Thanks!

dolevhadi, Nov 25, 2022
  4. JaimeMW Win User

why cant i get Slide Show on windows Photo App anymore. I have searched on Setting, nowhere...

windows 10 slide show not working

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the community - by Windows 10 slide show, do you mean the desktop background slide show is not working or the slideshow option in the Photos app?

If it's the desktop background slide show and you are using on a laptop or tablet that is unplugged, by default the power options will likely not continue the slideshow. You can change this option in the advanced power settings:

• Type Power Options in the Search/Cortana bar
    • Open the Power Options - Control Panel option
    • Select Change plan settings on the power option that is selected for your device
    • Click Change advanced power settings
    • Under Desktop background settings - Slide Show, change the "On battery" option from Paused to Available
    Regards,

Jaime

JaimeMW, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

why cant i get Slide Show on windows Photo App anymore. I have searched on Setting, nowhere...

1. why cant i get Slide Show on windows Photo App anymore. I have searched on Setting, nowhere... - Similar Threads - why cant Slide

2. Why in app setting cant i have the option of get apps anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why in app setting cant i have the option of get apps anywhere: Its missing in advance apps on my mom's computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-in-app-setting-cant-i-have-the-option-of-get/1191a119-5330-49f0-9cb4-39f8bc34f862
  3. Why in app setting cant i have the option of get apps anywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why in app setting cant i have the option of get apps anywhere: Its missing in advance apps on my mom's computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-in-app-setting-cant-i-have-the-option-of-get/1191a119-5330-49f0-9cb4-39f8bc34f862
  4. why cant i get Slide Show on windows Photo App anymore. I have searched on Setting, nowhere...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i get Slide Show on windows Photo App anymore. I have searched on Setting, nowhere...: Why cant i find Slide Show on Windows Photo App anymore.Have looked in Settings nothing there. PLEASE HELP. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-get-slide-show-on-windows-photo-app/0137ef76-dfe3-4adc-9d6b-762f99bffa1d
  5. Shuffle Photo Slide Show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shuffle Photo Slide Show: In Windows 10 you had the option in a folder containing photos to begin a slide show and enable 'shuffle' and 'loop'. Is this feature available in Windows 11? All I can currently find is the non-shuffle slide show by opening a photo and clicking in the top right corner....
  6. Photo app slide shows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo app slide shows: I want to batch increase the time each photo is on the screen when I create photo slide show with music. I can increase the time for an individual photo but not the whole show....
  7. Photo slide show

Photo slide show: How do you override the slow, fast, and medium speed for advancing photos in a photo slideshow. I need them to advance at a specific speed that I set manually? How to do it?...
  8. why cant i launch settings app

why cant i launch settings app: why cant i launch settings app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-launch-settings-app/0b5d78f0-d14f-4bc4-8933-437e34bfa8ea
  9. Photo Slide Show

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Slide Show: In Windows 10, I have files in Pictures/My Pictures. How do I create a slide show from the photos in any file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-slide-show/7dfaca2c-6868-4e1c-9519-17a0f2abc3af"
  10. photo album slide show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photo album slide show: What is the number limit of photos in an album to create a slide show? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-album-slide-show/7254434c-161d-4a09-a6f6-8cc5750590bc