Windows 10: Why can't I get the old google icon back?

Discus and support Why can't I get the old google icon back? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I reset my computer for performance issues. As a result I lost most of my apps including google. I downloaded google chrome and chose google chrome as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 7257-57, Oct 2, 2018.

1. 7257-57 Win User

Why can't I get the old google icon back?

I reset my computer for performance issues. As a result I lost most of my apps including google. I downloaded google chrome and chose google chrome as my default browser. The icon that I pinned to my task bar looks like an image of a file. I want the old icon similar to a multicolored circle. How do I get the google icon back?

:)

7257-57, Oct 2, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    google services

Hello,

The best that we could suggest that you can try is to check if you are using a proxy to connect to the internet. If so, try to disable the proxy connection and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the "Gear" icon at the top right corner in Internet Explorer.
    • Click the "Tools" button, and then click "Internet Options".
    • Click the "Connections" tab, and then click "LAN settings".
    • Uncheck the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" box.
    • Click "OK".
    If the issue persist, please do reach out to Google support for more troubleshooting steps, and also so they can check and assess your account .

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Isi, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Why can't I get the old google icon back?

Need old Windows Start menu

Hi,

I realize that you need the old Windows start menu. I will try to help you with this issue.

You can click the hash icon located above the 3D Builder icon to check if that helps.

Suggest you to follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Personalization and click Start.

• Enable the feature for “use start full screen”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Why can't I get the old google icon back?

1. Why can't I get the old google icon back? - Similar Threads - Why can't old

2. Why can't i get back in my old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't i get back in my old laptop: Ok so I have I new computer and move some stuff from the old one and now I can't even get inside amcasue all I see is a blue screen and when I put my pin it keeps saying that my "credentials could not be verified" and "user profile failed" when I try to restart it...did I do...
  3. Why can't i get back in my old laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why can't i get back in my old laptop: Ok so I have I new computer and move some stuff from the old one and now I can't even get inside amcasue all I see is a blue screen and when I put my pin it keeps saying that my "credentials could not be verified" and "user profile failed" when I try to restart it...did I do...
  4. Why can't i get back in my old laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't get into google passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't get into google passwords: I Cannot get into google password manager, which keeps telling me that either my Microsoft account name or the password is wrong; despite its what I use to sign into my microsoft account with. They don't say which is wrong, so you have no Idea which one is wrong, or any...
  6. I can't get into google passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get into google passwords: I Cannot get into google password manager, which keeps telling me that either my Microsoft account name or the password is wrong; despite its what I use to sign into my microsoft account with. They don't say which is wrong, so you have no Idea which one is wrong, or any...
  7. How to get old wifi icon back in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get old wifi icon back in task bar: Computers A&B below are both Win 11 Home 22H2. Computer A came with 22H2. B was upgraded to 22H2.How can I get the WIFI ICON that is on computer B on computer A. It is nice to see the WIFI signal strength by just looking at the task bar rather than by having to open another...
  8. How to get back the old UWP icons ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get back the old UWP icons ?: I wanted to know how to get the old microsoft UWP app icons back ? [ATTACH]<--------- i want those back [ATTACH]<------------ NOT THOSE Thanks, Eskerm...
  9. How to get old Monochrome icons back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get old Monochrome icons back?: I think the Fluent icons look great for 10X, but I just don't like how cartoony and android-like they are on my PC. I liked the simpler black/white ones. Is there an icon pack I can install, or can I even find the icons and if I can how can I change icons for in-box apps?...
  10. How to get back old network icon in taskbar??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get back old network icon in taskbar??: Windows 10 1903 (aka the May 2019 update) introduced a new networking tray icon, which gets shown when the PC is offline: However, I don't like this icon, because first, it also shows when the PC is connected to a network, but doesn't have internet access ( aka intranet...