Windows 10: why can't i get the verification code on my mobile?

Discus and support why can't i get the verification code on my mobile? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; why can't i get the verification code on my mobile?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by abdur rauf ansari, Aug 6, 2020.

1. why can't i get the verification code on my mobile?

why can't i get the verification code on my mobile?

:)

abdur rauf ansari, Aug 6, 2020

2. I'm not getting my verification code when I try to verify my identity on PC

I already know how to turn on two step verification.. this isn't about how to verify. This is about why when I ask for a code to be texted to my phone.. I don't get one. It's supposed to be a 7 digit code. I never receive it.

Michiechelle, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Unable to get Verification code

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

To begin with troubleshooting I would like you to answer the following question:

• Which email client are you using?
    • What exactly do you mean by"I have entered but unfortunately there is email code send to my inbox whatsoever."?
    • Are you not receiving any verification code to your primary account that you have access to?
    • Is your phone number registered to get the verification code?

Please get back to us with reponse in oreder to assist you accordingly.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Aug 6, 2020
  4. RobJLau Win User

Microsoft account security code - WHY?

Thanks for the reply Greg.

"If you turn on two-step verification, you’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on
    a device that isn't trusted. When two-step verification is turned off, you will only have to verify your identity with security codes periodically, when
    there might be a risk to your account security."

Overkill.

As Two-Step verification has never been turned on, I presume MS thinks every time I log into access pages on https://account.microsoft.com/ pages I'm a risk to my account. Even from computers listed in the 'Devices" tab of those pages. Even though I have
    to supply my MS password to get to those pages.

Are you suggesting I turn two-step verification on, which is what I don't need?

RobJLau, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. why can't i get the verification code on my mobile? - Similar Threads - why can't verification

2. not getting verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not getting verification code: I am not receiving my verification code. Email is correct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-getting-verification-code/a30c425b-bb57-4522-8b74-91f8f83096d2
  3. not getting verification code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not getting verification code: I am not receiving my verification code. Email is correct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-getting-verification-code/a30c425b-bb57-4522-8b74-91f8f83096d2
  4. not getting verification code

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't receive a verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't receive a verification code: My recovery email is removed,then how can I sign in from a laptop?Knowing that I m lucky I'm still signed in from my mobilePls assess https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-receive-a-verification-code/c33cdc84-262d-49a8-8d68-4ae280078ecc
  6. Why can't I get that verification code on messages?

Why can't I get that verification code on messages?: I've been trying to redeem something from microsoft rewards for a few weeks now. I typed my number in again and again, i reset my phone, I turned filter unknown messages off, but I somehow still don't get the code....
  7. Why can't I get that verification code on messages?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I get that verification code on messages?: I've been trying to redeem something from microsoft rewards for a few weeks now. I typed my number in again and again, i reset my phone, I turned filter unknown messages off, but I somehow still don't get the code....
  8. why i don´t get the verification code to my cellphone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i don´t get the verification code to my cellphone?: Recently, one of my devices got activated bitlocke security do to a Windows update. That lead me to search for my bitloke unlock key, I know where I should get it, but when I make two-step verification, I get stoked in to the SMS code that Microsoft spouses to send me to my...
  9. why i don´t get the verification code to my cellphone?

why i don´t get the verification code to my cellphone?: Recently, one of my devices got activated bitlocke security do to a Windows update. That lead me to search for my bitloke unlock key, I know where I should get it, but when I make two-step verification, I get stoked in to the SMS code that Microsoft spouses to send me to my...
  10. Why can't I receive security codes to my landline or mobile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why can't I receive security codes to my landline or mobile: Since yesterday, when I put in my landline or mobile phone number to sign in, I'm not receiving any codes. I still can get a code sent to an alternative email address, but not my phone. Have checked that the phone numbers are what they should be, and they are. Please can...