Windows 10: Why can't I get "Theme-Aware Tiles"

Discus and support Why can't I get "Theme-Aware Tiles" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have hte 20H2 update but my tiles and start menu have not updated. I would very much like to have the new streamlined tiles.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John Paul Linton, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Why can't I get "Theme-Aware Tiles"

I have hte 20H2 update but my tiles and start menu have not updated. I would very much like to have the new streamlined tiles.

:)

John Paul Linton, Apr 15, 2021

2. Change themes back to numbered tiles in Microsoft Mahjong

Hi Bill,

Changing the tiles for Microsoft Mahjong can be done through the Theme Settings of the game. To change the settings, follow the steps below:

• Launch the game.
    • Press F5 on your keyboard to show the settings.
    • Click on Themes and choose your preferred theme under
      Standard Themes

If are unable to see your preferred theme, we suggest that you update the game on Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Tiles a mixture of dark and light theme

Hi M,

It looks like Adobe hasn't added support for theme aware tiles yet. Is the screenshot taken when transparency is off?

Sumit - Insider MVP, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Why can't I get "Theme-Aware Tiles"

Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Why can't I get "Theme-Aware Tiles"

1. Why can't I get "Theme-Aware Tiles" - Similar Threads - Why can't Theme

2. How to disable or remove Theme Aware Tiles in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable or remove Theme Aware Tiles in Windows 10: [ATTACH]There have been numerous reports on support forums, particularly Windows 10 PC users, that some apps’ background on the Start Menu tile is grey in contrast to the system Dark Mode theme. This is not a bug or glitch, and in this post, we explain why and the steps you...
  3. Remove "Theme aware" tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove "Theme aware" tiles: My PC updated from 1803 to 2104 randomly, and the new UI changes are revolting. I want to restore the old vibrant colorful tile design to make my start menu lively again. If not, can I rollback to 1803, or even 1507?...
  4. How to remove new theme aware tiles in Start Menu

How to remove new theme aware tiles in Start Menu: Hello, I have a question regarding a recent Windows 10 update, which introduced theme aware tiles in the Start Menu, making the tiles themselves transparent. The Start Menu is already transparent, and because of the desktop background I have, having transparent tiles...
  5. Windows 10 20h2 theme aware tiles glitch on start menu.

Windows 10 20h2 theme aware tiles glitch on start menu.: It appears that after installing the 20H2 udpate, the documents tile still shows in dark mode when currently the Light windows mode is enabled. I create a new windows profile and issue persists. Same thing is happening on another machine, but with a different folder....
  6. Unable to see theme-aware splash screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to see theme-aware splash screen: I have Insider Preview 204246. In previous build, microsoft had brought theme aware splash screens. But today, I am unable to see the new theme aware splash screen. I see the old blue splash screen at starting. Please help...
  7. Windows 10’s splash screen is getting theme-aware support

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s splash screen is getting theme-aware support: In Windows 10’s October 2020 Update, the most noticeable change is ‘theme-aware’ tiles in Start Menu. Microsoft is allowing Start Menu tiles to use transparency effect instead of a solid accent colour and the experience is called “theme-aware’. As expected, the same...
  8. Tiles a mixture of dark and light theme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tiles a mixture of dark and light theme: Hi, After upgrading to 20H2 19042.572 - one section of my start menu shows both dark and light tiles. If I switch to a light theme, all looks right, switch back to the dark theme, looks a mess. Does anyone else have this issue? Dark Theme [ATTACH] Light Theme [ATTACH]...
  9. Theme-aware tiles just disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Theme-aware tiles just disappeared: [ATTACH] Hi everyone. So I have been on the Insider program ever since its beginning, yet this is the first time I encounter this kind of problem. So back in build 20161 (released 2 weeks ago if I remember correctly) the new look in Start menu was introduced and I think it...
  10. Why can't I save a custom theme?

Why can't I save a custom theme?: Build 19002 Following on from my post about Windows 10 automatically changing my theme to dark several times per day, when I change it back and create a custom theme when I try to save it a small window pops up where I am supposed to give my theme a name. But I can write...