Windows 10: why can't I get to the internet on Edge but other browsers are OK?

Discus and support why can't I get to the internet on Edge but other browsers are OK? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Only Edge seems to be dead when I try to get to a website. This works fine with Chrome. We can't have that now can we?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidRKennedy, May 30, 2019.

1. why can't I get to the internet on Edge but other browsers are OK?

Only Edge seems to be dead when I try to get to a website. This works fine with Chrome. We can't have that now can we?

:)

DavidRKennedy, May 30, 2019

2. edge browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

If you are still facing the same issue, I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge and check. Follow the steps provided below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Go to Settings.

• Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.

• Select the options and click on Clear button.

I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer on your computer and check. Resetting Internet Explorer shall effect the behavior of Microsoft Edge browser.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 30, 2019
  3. Edge browser slow internet download speeds compared to other browsers. (speedtest)

Hi Warped,

You can do the following steps for your Edge web browser:

• Open the Internet Explorer Browser
    • Click on the Gear icon on the upper right corner of the screen, and select
      Internet Options
    • On the General tab, under Browsing History, click Settings
    • On the Temporary Internet Files tab, click on Move folder
    • Choose the new location for “Temporary Internet Files” folder (like C:\Users\yourname)
    • Then set the Disk Space to use 1024MB and click OK
    • Click on Apply
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Robelene Win, May 30, 2019
  4. why can't I get to the internet on Edge but other browsers are OK?

Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 30, 2019
Thema:

why can't I get to the internet on Edge but other browsers are OK?

1. why can't I get to the internet on Edge but other browsers are OK? - Similar Threads - why can't internet

2. Why can't access Icloud.com from my edge browser or any other browser in Win 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't access Icloud.com from my edge browser or any other browser in Win 11.: With Win 11, I can't access the icloud.com website either via browser or from the icloud for windows app. Instead I receive a message "Hmm... can't reach this page. www.icould.com took too long to respond". I've removed 3rd party virus protection Bitdefender which I thought...
  3. Why can't access Icloud.com from my edge browser or any other browser in Win 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't access Icloud.com from my edge browser or any other browser in Win 11.: With Win 11, I can't access the icloud.com website either via browser or from the icloud for windows app. Instead I receive a message "Hmm... can't reach this page. www.icould.com took too long to respond". I've removed 3rd party virus protection Bitdefender which I thought...
  4. Why can't I use any other browser apart from Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can't I use any other browser apart from Microsoft Edge?: So I recently built my new computer and since I'm not a fan of the built in edge browser, I decided to try and install a different browser. At first I tried installing Opera but it wouldn't let me use it. It would open for a split second and then close again with no error...
  5. Why can't I uninstall edge or switch my default browser?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why can't I uninstall edge or switch my default browser?: I've tried multiple ways to uninstall this stupid browser including using powershell. It's pissing me off. I've been trying to switch my default browser over but every time I do, it still takes me to edge. Opening links, searching with the taskbar, it's RETARDED. Why would...
  6. Can't get to Amazon usinf Edge Browser

in Cortana
    Can't get to Amazon usinf Edge Browser: I can get to every other web site except Amazon. I deleted my browser history and cookies. Here's the error message I get.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-to-amazon-usinf-edge-browser/c6f3908a-0cf8-4a37-afbc-1157259c4e70"
  7. I have no internet with other programs, only after I opened the Edge browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have no internet with other programs, only after I opened the Edge browser: I open chrome, and it can not load any websites until I open edge, (edge always works correctly) After I open Edge, chrome starts working well, but a few minute later the problem show up again, and I open edge, and the problem goes away again for a few minues. And this...
  8. Can't get rid of browser hijack in Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't get rid of browser hijack in Edge.: Got hit with a drive by browser hijack which has set my Edge start page to Yahoo Search - Web Search It also disabled the Home button and changed my default search from Google to Yahoo. I tried the Edge reset powershell script. That failed. Microsoft Edge - Reset to...
  9. Unable to get to google.com in Internet explorer? Other browsers ok.

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to get to google.com in Internet explorer? Other browsers ok.: So, as of yesterday, I cannot get to www.google.com in Internet Explorer. I get "The page cannot be displayed". I get the same if I try to go to gmail. I can get to google just fine in Firefox, but I don't log into gmail in firefox. Anyways... Things I have tried. Reset...
  10. Can't use any other browser than Edge.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't use any other browser than Edge.: Hey guys! everything was fine with windows 10 since the beginning , except since last week. I cant connect to the internet with chrome or any other application using the internet ( steam, league of legends etc). I did some research but couldn't find something that worked....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. caint get edge get on the internet

2. Edge cant get to internet