Windows 10: Why can't I hear audio in particular apps?

Discus and support Why can't I hear audio in particular apps? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need some help so here I am. I recently built a new computer for gaming, and I have all of my audio set up from what I can tell. I have my drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Poiema, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Poiema Win User

Why can't I hear audio in particular apps?

I need some help so here I am. I recently built a new computer for gaming, and I have all of my audio set up from what I can tell. I have my drivers installed for everything (including audio), I've tried reinstalling them several times, I've tried simply unplugging and plugging back in, restarting, just about everything that I could think of, but I can't seem to fix my problem. If you're asking which apps I can't hear it in, it's only particular games and stuff. Games like Gmod (sometimes) and right now, VRChat, which I need audio for, just don't give me any sound. I can hear sound in all other windows, and even when I open the steam overlay on the game itself to play a sound, I can still hear it, just I can't hear the specific game's audio. I've tried to see if there is any way to choose what audio device you are using by default inside of the game's settings, but there aren't any options and I just have no idea on what to do. I'll probably be posting this to a lot of forums for help because I can't seem to find anyone else who's had the same exact problem as I have, and if they did, there was no fix for it. Thanks for your help, guys.

:)

Poiema, Dec 30, 2018
  2. RajithR Win User

Cortana not hearing voice commands

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on the Microsoft Communities.

1. Are you able to hear other sounds from your computer?

2. Does the microphone work with other apps such as Skype?

3. Have you tried using "Learn my voice" settings?

Kindly, follow these steps and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to run the Recording Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Recording Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

RajithR, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Cortana not hearing voice commands

Hi

I have the same problem and the proposed solutions have not helped.

Will appreciate any other solution to this problem.

NJInokotong, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Why can't I hear audio in particular apps? - Similar Threads - Why can't hear

2. cant hear people in a particular game and the audio keeps stutering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant hear people in a particular game and the audio keeps stutering: i play this game called valorant so i can hear the game audio but i cant hear anyone in the voice chat also the audio for a single second every like once 10 seconds goes out and comes back...
  3. cant hear people in a particular game and the audio keeps stutering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant hear people in a particular game and the audio keeps stutering: i play this game called valorant so i can hear the game audio but i cant hear anyone in the voice chat also the audio for a single second every like once 10 seconds goes out and comes back...
  4. i cant hear audio in some apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant hear audio in some apps: so recently ive noticed some apps with lower volumes even though i have all my volumes at max, and now today, as i get on my pc and try to watch youtube, i cant hear anything, i tried installing realtek audio drivers and that didnt help. edit* ive now noticed in some apps...
  5. i cant hear audio in some apps

i cant hear audio in some apps: so recently ive noticed some apps with lower volumes even though i have all my volumes at max, and now today, as i get on my pc and try to watch youtube, i cant hear anything, i tried installing realtek audio drivers and that didnt help. edit* ive now noticed in some apps...
  6. i cant hear audio in some apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i cant hear audio in some apps: so recently ive noticed some apps with lower volumes even though i have all my volumes at max, and now today, as i get on my pc and try to watch youtube, i cant hear anything, i tried installing realtek audio drivers and that didnt help....
  7. I can't hear audio through my headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't hear audio through my headset: info: My headset is the Razer Kraken Gaming Headset: Lightweight Aluminum Frame, Retractable Noise Isolating Microphone, 3.5 mm Audio Jack, Mercury WhiteI use the rear panel audio jack at the bottom of my pc. 3.5 mm jack Sound Blaster Z by Creative Technology Ltd.I'm using 24...
  8. I can't hear audio through my headset

I can't hear audio through my headset: info: My headset is the Razer Kraken Gaming Headset: Lightweight Aluminum Frame, Retractable Noise Isolating Microphone, 3.5 mm Audio Jack, Mercury WhiteI use the rear panel audio jack at the bottom of my pc. 3.5 mm jack Sound Blaster Z by Creative Technology Ltd.I'm using 24...
  9. I can't hear audio through my headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Can't hear audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't hear audio: When I plug in my headphones' speakers it briefly shows up as Speakers (2-High Definition Audio device) (Translated to English) and then it just disappears and it appears again for a brief moment when I'm pulling the headphones' speaker jack out. Don't know what to search for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant hear sound on app

2. why cant i hear on app

3. cant hear audio in certain games

4. windows 10 i cant hear anything in apps,
  5. can t hear applications windows 10,
  6. cant hear anything on mixer app on windows 10,
  7. why cant I hear anything in one app,
  8. cant hear audio from application on windows,
  9. cant hear application audio windows 10,
  10. why cant i hear anything windows,
  11. cant hear anuthing when i open apps,
  12. cant hear sound on app in pc,
  13. why cant i hear applications,
  14. why cant i hear anything in windows 10 on my encore music app?