Windows 10: Why can't I install any version of the media feature pack? Like, any version of it.

Discus and support Why can't I install any version of the media feature pack? Like, any version of it. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Could someone give me an honest reason why I can't install this? I can't think of a single one. I don't see what magically changed in this insider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gregman171, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Why can't I install any version of the media feature pack? Like, any version of it.

Could someone give me an honest reason why I can't install this? I can't think of a single one. I don't see what magically changed in this insider build (18305) that would just completely break everything if I installed it. You're telling me I have to roll back my windows install just to install a media feature pack?!? Why? Just why? Isn't the point of the "insiders" build to test stuff and report on issues? Kind of hard to do that when you won't let me install things as basic as a media feature pack. Go home Microsoft you're drunk.

:)

gregman171, Dec 29, 2018
  2. Jairit Be Win User

about media feature pack for windows version 1709

Hi,

Just to clarify, what exactly would you like to ask about? Are you looking for a Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10? If yes, you may download it here:

Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10.

You may also refer to this support article and wait for an official version to be enlisted:
    Media Feature Pack list for Windows N editions.

Let us know if you need more help.

Jairit Be, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Ramhound Win User
    Cannot download correct version of Windows Media Feature Pack (iCloud/ Outlook syncing issue)

You can download the Feature Media Pack for Windows 10 at the following locations.

1. Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10 - Version 1607
    2. Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10 - July 2015 RTM
    3. Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N and Windows 10 KN editions (November 2015) - Version 1511

You want the want for the current version, Version 1607, any other version is not appliciable to your installation of Windows 10.

• This page has a list of the media packs released for each of the feature updates released before January 2018.
    • This page has a list of the media packs released for each of the feature updates released after January 2018.

Ramhound, Dec 29, 2018
  4. John Sarc Win User

Why can't I install any version of the media feature pack? Like, any version of it.

Windows 10 Home - Media Feature Pack

Hi Adam,

There is a big possibility that the version of the Media Feature Pack
    that you're downloading is not compatible with the current version of your Windows. Let's try to check first your Windows version. See the steps below on how to do so:

• Press Windows key, then type in winver.
    • A pop-up box will show up containing your Windows version.
    • Send us a screenshot.

In the meantime, here are the Media Feature Pack for different Windows version:

Let us know which of the given links works.

John Sarc, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Why can't I install any version of the media feature pack? Like, any version of it.

1. Why can't I install any version of the media feature pack? Like, any version of it. - Similar Threads - Why can't install

2. can't install Media Feature pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't install Media Feature pack: Hi , i have a problem installing media feature pack . I have windows 10 education N 21H1 and when i open Roblox they says MFplat.dll missing , I maked a research and I found out that MFplat.dll is making part of Media feature pack . When I try to download it from optional...
  3. can't install Media Feature pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't install Media Feature pack: Hi , i have a problem installing media feature pack . I have windows 10 education N 21H1 and when i open Roblox they says MFplat.dll missing , I maked a research and I found out that MFplat.dll is making part of Media feature pack . When I try to download it from optional...
  4. I can't install DirectX of any version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install DirectX of any version: When I tried install directx, the error an "Setup could not donload the file" And I added the screenshot P.S. I have a videocard NVIDIA GEForce GT 540M. [ATTACH]...
  5. Can't install media feature pack

Can't install media feature pack: So I've been trying a while now to get microsoft store apps to work and have come to the conclusion that the issue is the media feature pack. I am using windows 10 pro N and have to download this seperately. My problem is, whenever I try to download this, I am prompted to...
  6. Can't install media feature pack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install media feature pack: So I've been trying a while now to get microsoft store apps to work and have come to the conclusion that the issue is the media feature pack. I am using windows 10n and have to download this seperately. My problem is, whenever I try to download this, I am prompted to reboot...
  7. Can't install Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10

Can't install Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10: Hi there, Thanks for taking your time to read this post Recently I tried to install Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10, I'm runningWindows 10 Pro N for Workstations x64 version 20H2 Windows is up to date with updates When running the installation of Media...
  8. Media Feature Pack - version 2004 June 2020

Media Feature Pack - version 2004 June 2020: Hello there . Thank you for new update , My Windows is 10 pro N version 2004 - 6/11/2020 and OS build 19041.329 , also Windows system about show it as Experience pack 120,2202.1300 . My Media player needs a new installation so I refer to Address as :...
  9. Windows Media Feature pack for Version 1709

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Feature pack for Version 1709: Can I please get a link to Windows Media Feature pack Version 1709? If I go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack the media feature pack for this version is not downloadable anymore and I REALLY need this version to be able to run OpenCV....
  10. Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions

Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions: i am using on a laptop an official win pro 10 N -version 1803- build 17134.765 it seems after downloading several installments that the program is installed ,somewhere hidden/ behind, and i do need to activate windows media player in settings but where?...