Windows 10: Why can't I install fonts by dragging them into the fonts panel?

Discus and support Why can't I install fonts by dragging them into the fonts panel? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used to be able to install fonts (ttf or otf files) by dragging them into the Fonts Appearance panel. Since a couple of weeks this doesn't do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by finvduin, Jan 29, 2020.

1. finvduin Win User

Why can't I install fonts by dragging them into the fonts panel?

I used to be able to install fonts (ttf or otf files) by dragging them into the Fonts Appearance panel. Since a couple of weeks this doesn't do anything anymore (as in, nothing happens after dragging the file, not even an error message) and I have to install my fonts manually one by one. Which is not really a solution because I often have to install dozens of font types at a time.

Has anyone had this same problem? Or does anyone know of a different yet efficient way to install fonts? Thanks in advance!

:)

finvduin, Jan 29, 2020

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Installing new fonts not possible?

Just doubleclick the font file? Or drag it to the font window.

DanTheBanjoman, Feb 26, 2020
  4. finvduin Win User

I used to be able to install fonts (ttf or otf files) by dragging them into the Fonts Appearance panel. Since a couple of weeks this doesn't do anything anymore (as in, nothing happens after dragging the file, not even an error message) and I have to install my fonts manually one by one. Which is not really a solution because I often have to install dozens of font types at a time.

Has anyone had this same problem? Or does anyone know of a different yet efficient way to install fonts? Thanks in advance!

finvduin, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Why can't I install fonts by dragging them into the fonts panel? - Similar Threads - Why can't install

2. Can't drag to install the font from the explorer to the setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't drag to install the font from the explorer to the setting: I can't drag to install the font on my PC using the Windows 10 21H2 inner version:19044.2130When I press and hold the mouse to move the font file to the setting interface to install the font, the mouse displays a forbidden icon, and the installation cannot be completed, but...
  3. Can't drag to install the font from the explorer to the setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't drag to install the font from the explorer to the setting: I can't drag to install the font on my PC using the Windows 10 21H2 inner version:19044.2130When I press and hold the mouse to move the font file to the setting interface to install the font, the mouse displays a forbidden icon, and the installation cannot be completed, but...
  4. Can't drag to install the font from the explorer to the setting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Help! Drag and drop to install font is not working

Help! Drag and drop to install font is not working: Hello Team, Good day! May you please advise why the drag and drop to install font feature does not work on my laptop? I am about to change the font however there is no indication if the change is in progress or simply nothing happens when I drag the .ttf file from Control...
  6. how to drag and drop front to install a new font

how to drag and drop front to install a new font: how to drag and drop front to install a new font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to/8cc100f2-ebce-4447-9f60-788b4dc05131
  7. Windows 10 fonts menu dropping fonts that are still installed in control panel fonts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 fonts menu dropping fonts that are still installed in control panel fonts: Seemingly at random after rebooting a font that had been installed earlier will disappear from the windows 10 fonts menu, but still be visible in the control panel font menu. There are places I cannot use the font because of this....
  8. control panel fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    control panel fonts: can you change the font size in the control panel? 118546
  9. Can't install a Truetype font

Can't install a Truetype font: Hi, I install quite a few fonts, so am no stranger to the process, however, I have been having difficulty in installing a particular font which I can only find in Truetype format. I am getting the error message 'Invalid font file' and it looks as if the previous ones I have...
  10. Why my font colour in Control Panel is green?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why my font colour in Control Panel is green?: Hello guys, Using Win 10 got the same problem as i had in Win 7. All my system fonts are black or white (grey) but when i open Control Panel my font there is green *Sad I know it's hyperlink font and i can easily change it Win 7 ... but unfortunately not in Win 10. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why foun s drag and drop doesnt work to install of fonts setting