Windows 10: Why can't I install fonts by dragging them into the fonts panel?

Discus and support Why can't I install fonts by dragging them into the fonts panel? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used to be able to install fonts (ttf or otf files) by dragging them into the Fonts Appearance panel. Since a couple of weeks this doesn't do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by finvduin, Jan 29, 2020.

1. finvduin Win User

Why can't I install fonts by dragging them into the fonts panel?

I used to be able to install fonts (ttf or otf files) by dragging them into the Fonts Appearance panel. Since a couple of weeks this doesn't do anything anymore (as in, nothing happens after dragging the file, not even an error message) and I have to install my fonts manually one by one. Which is not really a solution because I often have to install dozens of font types at a time.

Has anyone had this same problem? Or does anyone know of a different yet efficient way to install fonts? Thanks in advance!

:)

finvduin, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Why can't I install fonts by dragging them into the fonts panel?

1. Why can't I install fonts by dragging them into the fonts panel? - Similar Threads - Why can't install

2. Installing Fonts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Fonts: How do I install fonts on win 10 ver. 1903? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-fonts/b05be623-2dcf-4d0b-b2e3-f6cfd0859fca
  3. Font installation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font installation: I installed some fonts onto my Windows 10 Word program. They appear in my Settings under Fonts exactly as they are supposed to look. But when I select a new font while using Word and type something, the font that shows up as I type is the default font, Calibri. However,...
  4. Installing Fonts

Installing Fonts: I downloaded a few fonts but am unable to copy it into the fonts directory. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-fonts/04c869d2-21ea-4239-b59e-47017b599ce3
  5. Fonts installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts installation: I downloaded several fonts, opened and installed them. They are in my fonts folder, but when I try to use them they are not listed in with all the fonts. I tried searching them my name and it doesn't find it either. I looked in the fonts folder and there they are. Why can...
  6. control panel fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    control panel fonts: can you change the font size in the control panel? 118546
  7. Can't install a Truetype font

Can't install a Truetype font: Hi, I install quite a few fonts, so am no stranger to the process, however, I have been having difficulty in installing a particular font which I can only find in Truetype format. I am getting the error message 'Invalid font file' and it looks as if the previous ones I have...
  8. why is the font is like that

why is the font is like that: yestarday i used program "get help" for another windows problem, and i think on that program is bots....and the font is like that and i want the default !!![ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Blurry fonts after I installed OTF fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry fonts after I installed OTF fonts: Hi guys. All my browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome) show blurry fonts on certain websites (see image below). I noticed I have this issue after I installed some OTF fonts. Is there a way to fix it? Many thanks in advance [img] [img] 78344
  10. Why my font colour in Control Panel is green?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why my font colour in Control Panel is green?: Hello guys, Using Win 10 got the same problem as i had in Win 7. All my system fonts are black or white (grey) but when i open Control Panel my font there is green *Sad I know it's hyperlink font and i can easily change it Win 7 ... but unfortunately not in Win 10. Is...