Windows 10: WHY can't i install now.. i could just before reinstalling clean/fresh OS

Discus and support WHY can't i install now.. i could just before reinstalling clean/fresh OS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1st critical problem is: What the hell has MS done to Windows now... Everything was ok, 2 days ago, just before I did a complete wipe and reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dr.Jones214, Aug 12, 2020.

1. WHY can't i install now.. i could just before reinstalling clean/fresh OS

1st critical problem is:

What the hell has MS done to Windows now...

Everything was ok, 2 days ago, just before I did a complete wipe and reinstall of W10 x64 off my USB, the same way I have always done it.

I could install things as I wanted...

After the new/fresh install finished, I did the available updates, just 6 I believe.

Now, I can't install basic things, like my old email program

because...

This app has been blocked for your protection.

An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more info.. blah blah.

I HAVE WIPED AND INSTALLED FRESH 5 TIMES IN 2 DAYS,

each time there is some screwy thing happening that did not on the previous try.

PHAUUCK THIS.

I CAN'T GET MORE PISSED OFF OVER SOMETHING.

I HAVE THIS URGE TO GO PUNCH KITTENS NOW.

Everything worked ok with previous wipe/reinstalls, so what did MS do this time to totally screw up my week?

2nd Stupendously YUGE Blond-haired FAT Piggy in DC problem is:

I use old email called Eudora Pro 7.1.0.9... the final release version.

After logging in as admin, never needed to do this before...

It got installed, but not without ridiculous problems MS seems to have caused...

There should be 2 install folders,

C:\Program Files x86\Qualcomm\Eudora

and another under

C:\Users\MY USER NAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ blah blah

but this one doesnt exist now as it should, as the last 20 times I have done it.

THIS ALONE is enough to make me switch to some other OS for my home pc...

i'm glad that i paid all my bills before starting this ****...

The ONE and ONLY thing that I can think of that is screwing with my life is...

Last month I updated my account login email with MS because the old is dead, and since then it keeps telling me there is a problem with some security thing.

It says it will be that way until Aug 23.. I guess that is a month after I made the change...

HOW CAN THIS POSSIBLY affect my windows installation..

I don't know how I am going to get notified when/IF someone replies with a fix.. can't get to my email!!

:)

Dr.Jones214, Aug 12, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 12, 2020
  3. *RESOLUTION FOUND*Malwarebytes crashing on Win10 insider Bld. Rootkit related errors?

Ill try tomorrow am.
    Aside from OS reinstall, your suggestion is one of the only steps I haven't taken yet.

Im gonna get some sleep and come at this with a fresh head tomorrow

Thanks everyone

jboydgolfer, Aug 12, 2020
  4. WHY can't i install now.. i could just before reinstalling clean/fresh OS

No More Clean-Installs for Vista Upgrades

When users were upgrading to Windows XP, the procedure was that users could simply insert their old Windows 98 or Windows 2000 CD at the appropriate time during a clean install without the need for the old OS to be installed at the time. However, Microsoft has decided to change this for Vista, and now requires a fully installed and activated version of your old OS already on the machine. This comes as an attempt to prevent illegal use of upgrade CDs, but could be inconvenient and time consuming when the time comes to reinstall. The new procedure for a reinstall is as follows:
    • Install your old copy of Windows XP
    • Activate it either online or over the phone
    • Install Vista
    Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

WHY can't i install now.. i could just before reinstalling clean/fresh OS

1. WHY can't i install now.. i could just before reinstalling clean/fresh OS - Similar Threads - WHY can't install

2. Why can't you just copy a part of a message in TEAMS? I could do it before, now it copies...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't you just copy a part of a message in TEAMS? I could do it before, now it copies...: I could do it before, now it copies the entire message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-you-just-copy-a-part-of-a-message-in/5ec1d8ae-d8ae-4a6a-bdbe-c1cd834c5ffd
  3. Why can't you just copy a part of a message in TEAMS? I could do it before, now it copies...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't you just copy a part of a message in TEAMS? I could do it before, now it copies...: I could do it before, now it copies the entire message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-you-just-copy-a-part-of-a-message-in/5ec1d8ae-d8ae-4a6a-bdbe-c1cd834c5ffd
  4. i just fresh install window 10 now i see 2 window folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i just fresh install window 10 now i see 2 window folder: i just install window again after wipe out the laptop because i was trying linux and i switch backi just install both window and android x86 ver 8 and now this folder appeardo i delete it or keep it ?...
  5. i just fresh install window 10 now i see 2 window folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i just fresh install window 10 now i see 2 window folder: i just install window again after wipe out the laptop because i was trying linux and i switch backi just install both window and android x86 ver 8 and now this folder appeardo i delete it or keep it ?...
  6. i just fresh install window 10 now i see 2 window folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why I Need to "CLEAN" reinstall windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why I Need to "CLEAN" reinstall windows.: Hello,I am a widows insider of developer channel, and all I want is to switch to a stable version. But I need to clean install windows for that which will delete all my data. Why can't I just wait for a stable release and download that without clean installing win10...
  8. Just did a fresh install of windows and now can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just did a fresh install of windows and now can't connect to the internet: There's just no option to connect to wifi, I've been into device manager I selected show hidden devices and it shows that the network adapters are there but there all greyed out, any help would be appreciated. I also troubleshooted it and windows says they could not find a...
  9. Microsoft store can't install game I installed before cleaning my pc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store can't install game I installed before cleaning my pc: The game I once installedforza horizon 4 doesn't want to install on my hard drive after I cleaned up my pc but choose the option to keep my files. Whenever I press the hard drive and press install nothing happens. I deleted the files in WindowsApps in my hard drive. I still...
  10. should i now clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    should i now clean install: evening guys, question for you all am using 10240 as an insider should I now do a clean install or just leave it running as it is , only with all the downloads and updates since day 1 i,ve accumulated 86gb used on my hard drive out of 234gb if so what product key do I use...