Windows 10: Why can't I install the newest BIOS?

Discus and support Why can't I install the newest BIOS? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I don't know if this is a normal thing or an error, but since I changed the mobo and CPU of my laptop it shows a different model name in BIOS and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rasikreality, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Why can't I install the newest BIOS?

Hi!
    I don't know if this is a normal thing or an error, but since I changed the mobo and CPU of my laptop it shows a different model name in BIOS and system info, and the drivers are for a CTO laptop. What I want to know is if this change is due to the new mobo or CPU.

The original name and CPU of my laptop:
    HP Pavilion dv7-6c05ss
    Intel Core i7- 2670QM

The current name and CPU of my laptop:
    HP Pavilion dv7t-xw899av CTO
    Intel Core i7 - 2860QM

The motherboard I purchased was the exact one for my PC model, so I suppose this new name is due to the new CPU, but what I can't understand is why I can't install the latest BIOS for the 6c05ss. The one I'm using is dated on may 2011, and the latest one for the 6c05ss is dated on november 2012, so I suppose is better than the one I'm using and, the most important, it lets you change between fixed and dynamic mode graphics.
    Is all that because of the new motherboard or because of the CPU? That's all I want to know.
    Thanks!

:)

rasikreality, Feb 9, 2021

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Feb 9, 2021
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Why can't I install the newest BIOS?

Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Why can't I install the newest BIOS?

1. Why can't I install the newest BIOS? - Similar Threads - Why can't install

2. Why can't I download the newest version of Winaero Tweaker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I download the newest version of Winaero Tweaker?: I have been a subscriber to Winaero Tweaker for years, but I cannot download the newest version. Can somebody give me instructions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-download-the-newest-version-of-winaero/873c5400-7f87-4cc8-8353-bf29ba762c0b
  3. Why can't I download the newest version of Winaero Tweaker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I download the newest version of Winaero Tweaker?: I have been a subscriber to Winaero Tweaker for years, but I cannot download the newest version. Can somebody give me instructions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-download-the-newest-version-of-winaero/873c5400-7f87-4cc8-8353-bf29ba762c0b
  4. Why can't I download the newest version of Winaero Tweaker?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why can't I get into BIOS or Troubleshoot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I get into BIOS or Troubleshoot?: I was trying to play Valorant when it said It required Secure Boot to be on, and when I was in BIOS I think I enabled fast boot and disabled Safe Boot? I think I can't remember, Now I can't load into BIOS as my computer starts too fast, and I can't get into troubleshooting...
  6. Why can't I get into BIOS or Troubleshoot?

Why can't I get into BIOS or Troubleshoot?: I was trying to play Valorant when it said It required Secure Boot to be on, and when I was in BIOS I think I enabled fast boot and disabled Safe Boot? I think I can't remember, Now I can't load into BIOS as my computer starts too fast, and I can't get into troubleshooting...
  7. Why I Can't Play Roblox In Newest Windows 11 Canary?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I Can't Play Roblox In Newest Windows 11 Canary?: Roblox Player / Microsoft Store In Newest Canary Version Of Windows 11 Won't Let Me Play Roblox! The Old Version Of Windows 11 Can Run Roblox, But Now Why It Can't?...
  8. Why I Can't Play Roblox In Newest Windows 11 Canary?

Why I Can't Play Roblox In Newest Windows 11 Canary?: Roblox Player / Microsoft Store In Newest Canary Version Of Windows 11 Won't Let Me Play Roblox! The Old Version Of Windows 11 Can Run Roblox, But Now Why It Can't?...
  9. Why can't I install the newest BIOS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why can't I install the newest BIOS?: Hi! I don't know if this is a normal thing or an error, but since I changed the mobo and CPU of my laptop it shows a different model name in BIOS and system info, and the drivers are for a CTO laptop. What I want to know is if this change is due to the new mobo or CPU. The...
  10. i cant install newest nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i cant install newest nvidia driver: so r/nvidia refused to help me, maybe someone here can help me. i downloaded the lastest nvidia driver 445 for the gtx 1060 win 10 64bit. when i click the .exe the location where the file is, just freezes and it loads endlessly. i have to restart windows explorer in the...