Windows 10: Why can't I locate and lock my stolen Laptop?

Discus and support Why can't I locate and lock my stolen Laptop? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop was stolen. I tried to track it with Find my device but it keeps telling me "We can't locate your device right now, try again later". I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chane Albertse, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Why can't I locate and lock my stolen Laptop?

My laptop was stolen. I tried to track it with Find my device but it keeps telling me "We can't locate your device right now, try again later". I also tried to lock my device and it keeps saying "We can't lock your device right now, we'll email you when we successfully lock your device". The battery life shows 0%. What could be the cause of this?

:)

Chane Albertse, Jun 4, 2023
  2. m3hiran Win User

My laptop was stolen last night, when I'm going to my account lock it it's said "location disabled"

Hello,my laptop (hp pavilion gaming 2019) was stolen last night, when I'm going to my account in windows 10 home to lock it its said "location disabled"
    my laptop protected by password by 4numbers on lock sreen (not bios)
    If they change the Ssd(Hdd) or install another windows, my laptop still can locate by this account or it's gone !!!

also I tried to locate and lock it by police and they ask serial number, Is it my laptop serial ? 5CD93861GH

• Windows 10 Home
    • OS Build10.0.18362.657
    • Serial5CD93861GH
    • Graphic cardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
    • Installed RAM6 GB
    • Version1903
    • System typeOSType64BitX64
    • ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx

m3hiran, Jun 4, 2023
  3. CDesign Win User
    stolen windows 10 laptop.

My Acer Aspire laptop running Windows 10 64 bit was stolen Saturday morning.

Device has not been turned on, or connected since it was stolen. I went to Microsoft support site and it showed the last location that my laptop was used at. I clicked on Lock button. Microsoft said they can't locate my device, but will send me an email
    when my laptop has been detected. Will Microsoft automatically Lock my laptop when it has been activated, and connected to internet, or will i have to go back to the support site and click on lock button again? What exactly happens when Microsoft locks a stolen
    device, does it make it difficult for thieves to access my laptop. Does Microsoft have the capability to remote wipe the hard-drive of my laptop, using port to port process? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially advice on any options for
    wiping the hard-drive of my laptop using port to port, or software. I have no tracking software

installed on laptop.

Many thanks for your suggestions,

Christoph

i

CDesign, Jun 4, 2023
Thema:

Why can't I locate and lock my stolen Laptop?

1. Why can't I locate and lock my stolen Laptop? - Similar Threads - Why can't locate

2. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device: My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help...
  3. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device: My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help...
  4. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why can't I lock my laptop?

Why can't I lock my laptop?: Hi. My laptop was stolen about fifteen days ago. I'm trying to lock my laptop to turn on location tracking using my Microsoft account, but it keeps saying, 'we can't lock your device right now,' I didn't write anything offensive or anything, so how can I fix it? Is it because...
  6. Why can't I locate and lock my stolen Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I locate and lock my stolen Laptop?: My laptop was stolen. I tried to track it with Find my device but it keeps telling me "We can't locate your device right now, try again later". I also tried to lock my device and it keeps saying "We can't lock your device right now, we'll email you when we successfully lock...
  7. STOLEN: Why can’t I find last known location/location history of my stolen device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOLEN: Why can’t I find last known location/location history of my stolen device?: So my Windows 11 MSI gaming laptop was stolen from work on Tuesday! I’ve tried to find the device remotely however it immediately says the location is disabled, 0% battery! All this tells me is that it’s powered down! I tried to lock it but again I’m just told the same as...
  8. STOLEN: Why can’t I find last known location/location history of my stolen device?

STOLEN: Why can’t I find last known location/location history of my stolen device?: So my Windows 11 MSI gaming laptop was stolen from work on Tuesday! I’ve tried to find the device remotely however it immediately says the location is disabled, 0% battery! All this tells me is that it’s powered down! I tried to lock it but again I’m just told the same as...
  9. Locked Stolen laptop

Locked Stolen laptop: So my laptop was recently stolen and I used the Microsoft find my device being my location services were turned on. On the 12/04/20 it shows that my laptop was successfully locked. So is that meaning that down in the firmware it has been locked? or is it just basic in the...
  10. Can I lock my stolen laptop !

Can I lock my stolen laptop !: Is it possible to lock my stolen Laptop I've tried to on my account devices but doesn't seem to work ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-lock-my-stolen-laptop/09a29f9e-44b5-4136-bdee-03c3d199b5b6"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft find my device We cant locate your device right now try again later