Windows 10: Why can't I move my touchpad while using the keyboard?

Discus and support Why can't I move my touchpad while using the keyboard? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried many Youtube tutorials and even went into the control panel but it doesn't contain any settings for the touch pad, I'm having an HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cappuccino Daliato, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Why can't I move my touchpad while using the keyboard?

I've tried many Youtube tutorials and even went into the control panel but it doesn't contain any settings for the touch pad, I'm having an HP Elitebook 840 G3 running windows 10 pro 21H2. I've tried also going into manual settings for the touchpad and changing sensitivity to most sensitive but that still didn't help, please help

:)

Cappuccino Daliato, Nov 27, 2022
  2. Naresh_K Win User

ASUS touchpad and keyboard problems

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would recommend you to reset the drivers for your keyboard. To reset the drivers, please follow the following steps:

1. Right click on the start button and open Device Manager.
    2. Under Keyboards, you will find Standard PS/2 Keyboard.
    3. Right click on it and click on uninstall.

Then restart your computer which will reset the drivers.

Note: If you find multiple options under keyboards, uninstall the drivers for all the options listed (only under keyboards category) and restart your computer. Also you can follow the same steps to fix the issue with your touchpad
    (if it still persist). Touchpad drivers will be posted under Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Naresh Kumar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Naresh_K, Nov 27, 2022
  3. Windows 10 corrupts both my keyboard and touchpad

Hi,

You could face this issue due to corrupt or outdated keyboard and the touchpad drivers. I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps you.

Method 1: Run the hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting
      on the Taskbar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
    Move to next method when the issue still persists.

Method 2: Uninstall the Keyboard and Mouse driver and then reinstall it.

Step 1: Follow these steps to uninstall the
    Keyboard and Mouse Drivers.

• Press Windows key +
      X and select Device Manager.

• Search for Keyboard and Mouse
      and expand it.

• Right click on the Keyboard and MouseDrivers
      and select Uninstall.

Step 2: Reinstall the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

Go to the manufacturer’s website and then download drivers for Windows 10.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/pro...es/yoga-13-notebook-ideapad?TabName=Downloads

Let us know about the status of the issue. We will help you further.

PranavMishra5582, Nov 27, 2022
  4. Why can't I move my touchpad while using the keyboard?

Touchpad and keyboard malfunctioning

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it 3x and am still having difficulty wim (example of typed letters not showing up) with my keyboard and touch pad. some things are impossible to accomplish, such as choosing an item with my touchpad.

RobinRGregory, Nov 27, 2022
Thema:

Why can't I move my touchpad while using the keyboard?

1. Why can't I move my touchpad while using the keyboard? - Similar Threads - Why can't move

2. I found solution to Touchpad not working while using keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I found solution to Touchpad not working while using keyboard: Go to Control Panel then go to Hardware and sound then select Mouse right side below devices and printers and then go to advanced on the upper right side and click advance feature settings, then look for Operations during key input and there should be two checked boxes,...
  3. I can't move my mouse while using a keyboard key. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't move my mouse while using a keyboard key. Windows 11: This issue gets relatively annoying performing a various amout of activities, and have tried installing different drivers, looking through settings, etc, but it is still an issue....
  4. I can't move my mouse while using a keyboard key. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't move my mouse while using a keyboard key. Windows 11: This issue gets relatively annoying performing a various amout of activities, and have tried installing different drivers, looking through settings, etc, but it is still an issue....
  5. Why can't I move my touchpad while using the keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I move my touchpad while using the keyboard?: I've tried many Youtube tutorials and even went into the control panel but it doesn't contain any settings for the touch pad, I'm having an HP Elitebook 840 G3 running windows 10 pro 21H2. I've tried also going into manual settings for the touchpad and changing sensitivity to...
  6. Can't move touchpad while typing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't move touchpad while typing.: So the title says it all, I can't move cursor with touchpad while typing and I also tried checking answers from previous years but none works, so like I don't have settings or whatever in synaptic in the mouse settings....
  7. can't move my mouse while using the keyboard

can't move my mouse while using the keyboard: HP 255 G7 Notebook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-my-mouse-while-using-the-keyboard/596bb7c7-122f-4136-8cdf-533f001c1f0d
  8. Unable to use touchpad while using keyboard

Unable to use touchpad while using keyboard: I have a brand new windows 10 laptop and haven't been able to find any way to turn off smart sense or anything to fix this issue. I go into control panel and my mouse settings just aren't there to begin with. when i go into settings nothing indicates any way to change any of...
  9. Can't use touchpad while typing on keyboard

Can't use touchpad while typing on keyboard: As the title suggests I can't use touchpad while I'm typing. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 330. It has windows 10 and synaptics touchpad. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-touchpad-while-typing-on-keyboard/4b8044ab-a5e0-412f-8da7-0ba9344749f2
  10. I can't use my touchpad and keyboard at the same time?

I can't use my touchpad and keyboard at the same time?: I have a Windows 10 HP EliteBook and ever since I bought it I haven't been able to use the touchpad (mouse) and the keyboard at the same time, eg. during gaming. It's necessary for the gaming I do, so I need a solution. I managed to fix the same problem on my old Lenovo...