Windows 10: Why cant i open anything with out clicking on run as administer and that i cant open exe...

Discus and support Why cant i open anything with out clicking on run as administer and that i cant open exe... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need help ive been resting my laptop to fix this and it does not work every time i want to open a program any program i need to run as administer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dylan Dang, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Why cant i open anything with out clicking on run as administer and that i cant open exe...

I need help ive been resting my laptop to fix this and it does not work

every time i want to open a program any program i need to run as administer and when i want to download something i can open the installation exe as it brings me to the open with thing

when i mean everything i mean everything

even task manger i cant open and thing on my task bar

:)

Dylan Dang, Aug 17, 2020

2. Exe files can only be opened by "run as administrator"

Hi,

Corrupted registry settings, some third-party products, or viruses can change the default configuration for running .exe files. To rectify the issue with opening this particular file type, we suggest that you follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click on the Start button, then choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type regedit and press Enter.
    • Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to
      exefile.
    • Scroll down to go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command key.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to “%1” %*.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Aug 17, 2020
  3. erocker Win User
    Exe file slow to open

A SFX archive isn't going to open right away. The files have to be extracted first. When you are opening it in WinRar, it's not extracting the file, it's just reading it which is why it opens right away.

erocker, Aug 17, 2020
  4. suupre Win User

Why cant i open anything with out clicking on run as administer and that i cant open exe...

can't open .exe files windows 10

I can't open it. We are on a domain ad i'm not the administrator.

suupre, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Why cant i open anything with out clicking on run as administer and that i cant open exe...

1. Why cant i open anything with out clicking on run as administer and that i cant open exe... - Similar Threads - Why cant open

2. I cant open .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant open .exe files: hello, My issue i am having is that no matter what i cannot open .exe files. or more lie files specifically from github or so i know of. I have tried a number of "solutions".1. Check for MalwareMalware or viruses can sometimes cause .exe files not to run. Running a full...
  3. I cant open .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant open .exe files: hello, My issue i am having is that no matter what i cannot open .exe files. or more lie files specifically from github or so i know of. I have tried a number of "solutions".1. Check for MalwareMalware or viruses can sometimes cause .exe files not to run. Running a full...
  4. Cant open anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open anything: So i just helped build my friend a pc last night we got everything going this morning i got windows 11 installed and up to date i got all drivers up to date i got some apps and started to play elden ring everything was fine shut down pc waited for him to get home from work to...
  5. Cant open anything

Cant open anything: So i just helped build my friend a pc last night we got everything going this morning i got windows 11 installed and up to date i got all drivers up to date i got some apps and started to play elden ring everything was fine shut down pc waited for him to get home from work to...
  6. Cant open a .exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant open a .exe: Hi, so i wanted to install VolumeID https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/volumeid , i downloaded it, opened it but it closed itself immediately, and now i cant open the .exe again, everytime i double click, nothing appens, i have tried searching on the web...
  7. Cant open a .exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open a .exe: Hi, so i wanted to install VolumeID https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/volumeid , i downloaded it, opened it but it closed itself immediately, and now i cant open the .exe again, everytime i double click, nothing appens, i have tried searching on the web...
  8. Cant open a .exe

9. Cant open anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant open anything: So i installed the last windows update and now i cant open anything. I mean i cant open the start menu, i cant refresh and one more thing the nvidia graphics are not running. I can open apps but i cant open that menu and other things, for example the command windows key+ r is...
  10. OneDrive not working and cant run anything as administer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive not working and cant run anything as administer: Hello, I have never posted anything like this before, I can usually figure these things out but I have tried everything. For one I cant open onedrive it says in my system tray but I cant even click on it anywhere else. Another thing is I cant run as administer for anything...