Windows 10: Why can't I open apps when I can open browsers??

Discus and support Why can't I open apps when I can open browsers?? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, this is a problem I recently face as my laptopWindows's apps like discord, line, Microsoft store, steam, etc. suddenly can't connect to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by _kim.teshin_, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Why can't I open apps when I can open browsers??

Hello, this is a problem I recently face as my laptopWindows's apps like discord, line, Microsoft store, steam, etc. suddenly can't connect to the internet. I've tried several solutions posted on the internet such as Type netsh winsock resetPress enterType netsh int ip resetPress enter againRestartbut these didn't solve the problemnothing happenedThese are the outcome of troubleshooting:Thank you,Teshin Sareevisuttipong

:)

_kim.teshin_, Jun 20, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Why can't I open apps when I can open browsers?? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 20, 2022
  3. Callender Win User
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

Why can't I open apps when I can open browsers?? [​IMG]

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, Jun 20, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Why can't I open apps when I can open browsers??

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

Yep, I see the same.

I tried adding Paint to Open With for txt. That also appeared in the More Options list.

I suspect it's to do with what the programs are registered to handle. The Open With list is constructed form a number of sources e.g. at least these:

The first of those corresponds to Snip & Sketch (simply search and find refs to the Appx string)

dalchina, Jun 20, 2022
Thema:

Why can't I open apps when I can open browsers??

1. Why can't I open apps when I can open browsers?? - Similar Threads - Why can't open

2. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...: I found out the only way to do that is to edit a registry key. Will I have an easy way other than that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-possible-to-reset-browser-apps-open-with/df0371f4-d02b-4a47-a0a7-8f11f8d88b77
  3. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...: I found out the only way to do that is to edit a registry key. Will I have an easy way other than that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-possible-to-reset-browser-apps-open-with/df0371f4-d02b-4a47-a0a7-8f11f8d88b77
  4. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. can't open Msn Money App that opens in your browser it is installed but will not open I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open Msn Money App that opens in your browser it is installed but will not open I...: can't open Msn Money App that opens in your browser it is installed but will not open I have, tried to open it and nothing happens. I have reset it still will not open. It is the Money App installed from the Microsoft Store. Please help thank you....
  6. can't open Msn Money App that opens in your browser it is installed but will not open I...

can't open Msn Money App that opens in your browser it is installed but will not open I...: can't open Msn Money App that opens in your browser it is installed but will not open I have, tried to open it and nothing happens. I have reset it still will not open. It is the Money App installed from the Microsoft Store. Please help thank you....
  7. can't open Msn Money App that opens in your browser it is installed but will not open I...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. Why can't I open apps when I can open browsers??

Why can't I open apps when I can open browsers??: Hello, this is a problem I recently face as my laptopWindows's apps like discord, line, Microsoft store, steam, etc. suddenly can't connect to the internet. I've tried several solutions posted on the internet such as Type netsh winsock resetPress enterType netsh int ip...
  9. Why can't I open apps when I can open browsers??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I open apps when I can open browsers??: Hello, this is a problem I recently face as my laptopWindows's apps like discord, line, Microsoft store, steam, etc. suddenly can't connect to the internet. I've tried several solutions posted on the internet such as Type netsh winsock resetPress enterType netsh int ip...
  10. Why can't I open open the Survivor Game on the Xbox app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I open open the Survivor Game on the Xbox app?: For the last couple of days, I have tried to play the game called survivor. Until yesterday it worked just fine, but when I tried to play it yesterday, it would not open. What do I need to do? Any help would be great....