Windows 10: Why can’t I open chrome?

Discus and support Why can’t I open chrome? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mymomlooksatthis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m5ckw2/why_cant_i_open_chrome/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mymomlooksatthis, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Why can’t I open chrome?

/u/Mymomlooksatthis, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Dave____J Win User

chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 15, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Why can’t I open chrome?

Chrome won't open any page [Solved]

I started my laptop and found out that chrome did not load any page for some reason, not even settings pages.
    I've tried re-installing chrome, and disabling comodo firewall, it does not help.
    Anyone having suggestions how to fix this?

P4-630, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Why can’t I open chrome?

1. Why can’t I open chrome? - Similar Threads - Why can’t open

2. I haven't opened chrome but why it's showing google chrome take 88.2% of cpu?.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I haven't opened chrome but why it's showing google chrome take 88.2% of cpu?.: As you can see here----> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-havent-opened-chrome-but-why-its-showing-google/e2467d19-484f-4e3c-947a-7237b0d8aec8
  3. I haven't opened chrome but why it's showing google chrome take 88.2% of cpu?.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I haven't opened chrome but why it's showing google chrome take 88.2% of cpu?.: As you can see here----> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-havent-opened-chrome-but-why-its-showing-google/e2467d19-484f-4e3c-947a-7237b0d8aec8
  4. Why is the window open sometimes in chrome

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why is the window open sometimes in chrome: So sometimes when i open chrome or have it open a new window of chrome with 2 tabs one just chrome start page and the other one that wants me to enter my password to login to microsoft. I think it could be happening because i have some extensions. Anyone that know why it does...
  5. Why is the window open sometimes in chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the window open sometimes in chrome: So sometimes when i open chrome or have it open a new window of chrome with 2 tabs one just chrome start page and the other one that wants me to enter my password to login to microsoft. I think it could be happening because i have some extensions. Anyone that know why it does...
  6. Why is the window open sometimes in chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Why are all my icons gone and why can’t I open anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are all my icons gone and why can’t I open anything: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mymomlooksatthis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwesl1/why_are_all_my_icons_gone_and_why_cant_i_open/
  8. What does this mean and why i can’t open it

What does this mean and why i can’t open it: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/icantchoosename123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j99mjm/what_does_this_mean_and_why_i_cant_open_it/
  9. I can’t open applications

I can’t open applications: I just installed windows 10 on my new pc and i tried opening microsoft edge and it won’t pop up on my screen, can anyone help me?? submitted by /u/imgettingtiredofyou [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0v03x/i_cant_open_applications/
  10. Why won't Chrome open for me?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why won't Chrome open for me?: All of a sudden this afternoon Chrome will not open for me. I need to save all the bookmarks since I use my home computer for my job. Is this a known problem? What do I do? I've used Chrome on this computer for several years with no problem....