Windows 10: Why cant I open JPEG or PDF files

Discus and support Why cant I open JPEG or PDF files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; WHy can't I open JPEG or PDF files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonnaCurtis4, May 29, 2020.

1. Why cant I open JPEG or PDF files

WHy can't I open JPEG or PDF files

:)

DonnaCurtis4, May 29, 2020

2. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Acrobat Reader on Adobe Support Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 29, 2020
  3. microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, May 29, 2020
  4. Manku41 Win User

Why cant I open JPEG or PDF files

Unable to open PDF file directly from WINZIP file

Thanks for the help. I tried the suggested steps. It did not work for me. When clicked on pdf files, now it opens with acrobat reader as opposed to Edge. But then I still cannot open pdf files directly form zip file.

Manku41, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Why cant I open JPEG or PDF files

1. Why cant I open JPEG or PDF files - Similar Threads - Why cant open

2. I can't open jpeg files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open jpeg files.: So as i said i can't open jpeg files, i tried to scan for some errors but nothing, i tried to update windows but nothing, i tried to re-install the photo viewer of default but still nothing. i have a windows 10 thanks for the help...
  3. I can't open jpeg files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open jpeg files.: So as i said i can't open jpeg files, i tried to scan for some errors but nothing, i tried to update windows but nothing, i tried to re-install the photo viewer of default but still nothing. i have a windows 10 thanks for the help...
  4. I can't open jpeg files.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. convert pdf files to jpeg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    convert pdf files to jpeg: Does anyone know how to convert PDF files to JPEG in Windows 10? I received some pictures of a great niece that I would like to open in my photo editor so that I can print them but they came in PDF form and my photo editor will not accept PDF files. I am using Windows 10,...
  6. Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files

Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files: Hello Windows 10 can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files in Photo viewer/Photos/Paint app. windows edition - Windows 10 Pro windows version - 2004 Installed on - 2020-07-16 OS build - 19041.388 Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  7. change pdf to jpeg

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    change pdf to jpeg: I have Acrobat Reader XI but need jpeg for picture printing. Best app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pdf-to-jpeg/d2246713-6ac2-414d-99bc-5359afddd676
  8. Opening JPEG files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening JPEG files: How can I get Windows 10 to open my JPEG files? The system suddenly decided to tell me it was unable to open my photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-jpeg-files/a69fd195-ca55-4a53-acf0-87e0a756b387
  9. How do I convert a jpeg file to a pdf file?

How do I convert a jpeg file to a pdf file?: How do I convert a jpeg file to a pdf file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-convert-a-jpeg-file-to-a-pdf-file/a54cc38b-7302-466f-ae68-195a2c976618"
  10. Windows 10 will not open PDF or JPEG files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not open PDF or JPEG files: Hi there I upgraded to W10 this morning, and since then, although everything seems to be OK, it will not open any PDF or JPEG files. I get an error message for the JPEG something like, " illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion"...