Windows 10: Why can't I permanently allow adobe flash in Windows 10 for my comcast streaming site?

Discus and support Why can't I permanently allow adobe flash in Windows 10 for my comcast streaming site? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Adobe flash is enabled in the advanced settings, but since the most recent Win 10 update, the permanent permission selection for a website to use adobe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RocketRanger, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Why can't I permanently allow adobe flash in Windows 10 for my comcast streaming site?

Adobe flash is enabled in the advanced settings, but since the most recent Win 10 update, the permanent permission selection for a website to use adobe flash has disappeared from edge. Now I have to click the puzzle piece icon and 'allow once' each time I open a site that needs adobe flash player. It also sometimes fails and has to be re-enabled multiple times before it 'sticks.' Comcast / Xfinity streaming uses flash, so watching live or recorded tv is no longer as easy as it was before the update. How do I permanently allow flash for a website when the selection is no longer available?

:)

RocketRanger, Apr 23, 2019

2. Why can't I permanently allow adobe flash in Windows 10 for my comcast streaming site?

Adobe flash is enabled in the advanced settings, but since the most recent Win 10 update, the permanent permission selection for a website to use adobe flash has disappeared from edge. Now I have to click the puzzle piece icon and 'allow
    once' each time I open a site that needs adobe flash player. It also sometimes fails and has to be re-enabled multiple times before it 'sticks.' Comcast / Xfinity streaming uses flash, so watching live or recorded tv is no longer as easy as it was before
    the update. How do I permanently allow flash for a website when the selection is no longer available?

RocketRanger, Jun 28, 2019
  3. S_and_S Win User
    Why can't I permanently allow adobe flash in Windows 10 for my comcast streaming site?

Adobe Flash is a security risk, particularly for cross-site scripting attacks, which is why it is quickly disappearing from the internet. It's practically a legacy technology. Adobe has discontinued Flash Player and will stop supporting it in 2020. Most
    websites that formerly used Flash have moved on to newer, more secure technologies.

Because of the security risk, most web browsers only allow Flash on a case by case basis and then only if you agree each time, which explains why you can't enable it permanently. Google has already announced that Chrome will remove all support for Flash
    at the end of 2020, after which Flash simply won't work in that browser. I would say that Microsoft and Mozilla will do the same.

The XFINITY TV portal actually streams with HTML5. Flash is only used for their digital rights management (DRM) platform. I'm reasonably certain, given the 2020 deadline, that Comcast will switch to a new DRM platform in the near future.

Directly's 'independent advisors' went off the deep end on this one.

S_and_S, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Why can't I permanently allow adobe flash in Windows 10 for my comcast streaming site?

Adobe flash will not play Xfinity stream on Win10pro

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing an issue with Xfinity stream due to Adobe Flash player. We will look into this for you. However, in order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate steps, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

1. Which browser are you facing this issue with, apart from Firefox?
    2. Have you checked if the Flash player is enabled on your browser?
    3. Was there any major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to unblock Adobe Flash Player:

1. Login to Xfinity streaming on your browser.
    2. If there is a lock sign on the left or right end of the URL/address bar, click on it.
    3. Scroll down to find Adobe Flash Player and click on Unblock.
    4. You should be able to stream once the Flash Player is Unblocked.

I would also suggest you to refer the article on
    Flash Player Help
    by Adobe and check if it is helpful to you.

Kindly follow the suggestions and get back to us with the results.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Why can't I permanently allow adobe flash in Windows 10 for my comcast streaming site? - Similar Threads - Why can't permanently

2. Permanently delete Adobe Flash Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently delete Adobe Flash Player: I can uninstall Adobe Flash Player, but after reboot it has automatically been re installed.How to stop the re installation? Windows 10. 174696
  3. Permanently delete Adobe Flash Player

in Windows 10 Support
    Permanently delete Adobe Flash Player: I can uninstall Adobe Flash Player, but after reboot it has automatically been re installed.How to stop the re installation? Windows 10. 174696
  4. Windows 10 update to kill off Adobe Flash Player permanently

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update to kill off Adobe Flash Player permanently: On December 31, 2020, Adobe killed off Flash Player once and for all, and users are now recommended to uninstall the software from Windows 10 and web browsers. Adobe has already started displaying Flash Player end of life pop-up on Windows 10. Later this month or next month,...
  5. why is my adobe flash player blocked?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why is my adobe flash player blocked?: why all of a sudden my adobe flash player is blocked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-adobe-flash-player-blocked/400860de-3aca-41df-bb92-f8ebabd420de
  6. Adobe flash will not play Xfinity stream on Win10pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adobe flash will not play Xfinity stream on Win10pro: Tried to watch shows, always wants to enable flash. Go thru the steps to load, and comes back to the same screen about flash not loading. Verified the version, and have the latest. Went through settings, and deleted Adobe Flash, rebooted, and tried again, but same result....
  7. Enabling Adobe flash again permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enabling Adobe flash again permanently: I have been playing games through Facebook here since I purchased this HP pavillion laptop. I have windows 10 and use Chrome as my browser. In the last few weeks for some reason I am asked to confirm and allow the adobe flash before I can play each game. This had never...
  8. Windows 10 ver 1809 Adobe Flash Allow Once?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 ver 1809 Adobe Flash Allow Once?: Windows 10 ver 1809 Adobe Flash Allow Once? Why did Microsoft remove the Always allow option on Adobe Flash this is really a pain for game players when the game require Adobe Flash....
  9. missing button for Flash to add sites to be allowed

in Windows 10 Customization
    missing button for Flash to add sites to be allowed: I have windows 10 version home 1803 OS build 17134.285 Flash does not work in sites while using chrome browser Settings does not show Button to add sites to allow flash to run...
  10. Allowing Flash in Edge for a Specific Site

in Browsers and Email
    Allowing Flash in Edge for a Specific Site: I have Flash enable in Edge (Windows 10, latest production builds). Some site will play Flash content immediately, but other sites do not and there is no "Run Flash" prompt for the site. Any thoughts on how Flash can be enabled for a site that is not giving the additional...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge allow flash permanently

2. adobe flash player blocked

3. why is adobe flash blocked

4. permanently unblock adobe flash,
  5. allow flash on ms edge,
  6. how to permanently allow adobe flash,
  7. adobe flash player is blocked,
  8. adobe flash player update,
  9. unblock adobe flash player windows 10 edge,
  10. why do i get enable flash player in Edge with comcast,
  11. adobe flash not working for xfinity stream on microsoft edge,