Windows 10: Why Can't I Place New Apps on My Desktop?

Discus and support Why Can't I Place New Apps on My Desktop? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have downloaded a couple of new apps (from the app store) OneNote and EverNote and now cannot find how to place them on the desktop. They are on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichaelZJody, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Why Can't I Place New Apps on My Desktop?

I have downloaded a couple of new apps (from the app store) OneNote and EverNote and now cannot find how to place them on the desktop. They are on my taskbar, but I cannot move them to the desktop...How do I do this? Thanks!

:)

MichaelZJody, Nov 16, 2019
  2. monim1 Win User

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Nov 16, 2019
  3. New Apps not showing anywhere

Hi Simon,

I would suggest you add create a shortcut to these programs in the Desktop till we fix this issue. You can right click on the frequently used programs and select 'Send to Desktop' to create a shortcut for that program in Desktop. To troubleshoot this issue,
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
    • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Why Can't I Place New Apps on My Desktop?

Dragging apps to desktop for shortcuys

Hi Lance,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from adding shortcuts to the desktop. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does this happen when you try dragging all apps to the desktop, or just a specific app?
    • Are you using an administrator account?
    • Is your computer connected to a private domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps as a workaround:

• Right-click on any empty part of the desktop.
    • Click New > Shortcut.
    • Navigate to the folder location of the app you want and select it.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Why Can't I Place New Apps on My Desktop?

1. Why Can't I Place New Apps on My Desktop? - Similar Threads - Why Can't Place

2. Why can't I move apps to my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I move apps to my desktop?: I have some apps pinned to my taskbar that I would like to have on my desktop. why is it not an option to do so? it wont let me drag it, it wont come up as an option when I right click it, it wont let me from the start menu, and when I try it from my file explorer I don't...
  3. Why can't I move apps to my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I move apps to my desktop?: I have some apps pinned to my taskbar that I would like to have on my desktop. why is it not an option to do so? it wont let me drag it, it wont come up as an option when I right click it, it wont let me from the start menu, and when I try it from my file explorer I don't...
  4. Why can't I move apps to my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why my apps are not on desktop ?

Why my apps are not on desktop ?: I installed apps such as itunes and telegram but they are not present on desktop and I don't know why! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-apps-are-not-on-desktop/3637e37c-d53e-43af-b4c3-793904f2e922
  6. Why my apps are not on desktop ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my apps are not on desktop ?: I installed apps such as itunes and telegram but they are not present on desktop and I don't know why! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-apps-are-not-on-desktop/3637e37c-d53e-43af-b4c3-793904f2e922
  7. Why my apps are not on desktop ?

8. Why won't my desktop icons stay in place

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my desktop icons stay in place: It happen some time ago where my desktop icons will never stay where I want them. I tried everything with the themes and appdata and using the auto arrange. Honestly it's just pissing me off now, is there anyway to fix this?...
  9. Why won't my desktop icons stay in place

Why won't my desktop icons stay in place: It happen some time ago where my desktop icons will never stay where I want them. I tried everything with the themes and appdata and using the auto arrange. Honestly it's just pissing me off now, is there anyway to fix this?...
  10. Why won't my desktop icons stay in place