Windows 10: Why can't I place the taskbar vertically on the left side of the screen, on Windows 11?

Discus and support Why can't I place the taskbar vertically on the left side of the screen, on Windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is how I used to have the taskbar placed on Windows 10, and since the upgrade to Windows 11, the taskbar is locked on the bottom of the screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AndreZimmermann1, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Why can't I place the taskbar vertically on the left side of the screen, on Windows 11?

This is how I used to have the taskbar placed on Windows 10, and since the upgrade to Windows 11, the taskbar is locked on the bottom of the screen. This is really counterproductive, and I would like to know if this is a temporary or permanent feature. Thank you..

:)

AndreZimmermann1, Feb 15, 2022
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Can't get UEFI drive to boot - Chapter 2

Yeah, that feature doesn't yet exist from Microsoft for 11, thus the many complaints about the new Taskbar *Sad

I suggest you visit the 11 forums as someone there may have a solution considering yours is a hot topic *Wink

Move taskbar vertically on left side of screen | Windows 11 Forum

sygnus21, Feb 15, 2022
  3. davidhk Win User
    TASKBAR in the way SOLUTION

You can have your taskbar placed vertically to the left or the right of the screen.

Move the taskbar

• Right click in an unused area of the taskbar.
    • Make sure that “Lock the taskbar” is unchecked.
    • Left click and hold in that unused area of the taskbar.
    • Drag the taskbar to the side of your screen on which you want it.
    • Release the mouse.

Why can't I place the taskbar vertically on the left side of the screen, on Windows 11? [​IMG]

davidhk, Feb 15, 2022
  4. dsdavis6 Win User

Why can't I place the taskbar vertically on the left side of the screen, on Windows 11?

taskbar on multiple screens (XP)

Hi, at work we use three screens, with XP installed, on the PC i was using before it had the taskbar on just the left screen and when i maximised a window it would fill whatever screen the window was currently on. The pc i now use, has a task bar stretched across the three screens and when i maximise something it will automatically fill the left screen. Is there a way to change either of these things as i prefer the taskbar on the left screen and to maximise on the screen the window is in. Thanks

dsdavis6, Feb 15, 2022
Thema:

Why can't I place the taskbar vertically on the left side of the screen, on Windows 11?

1. Why can't I place the taskbar vertically on the left side of the screen, on Windows 11? - Similar Threads - Why can't place

2. How can I move my taskbar to be vertical on the left side of the screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I move my taskbar to be vertical on the left side of the screen?: My organization transitioned to Windows 11, and I was very disappointed to find that I am unable to have my taskbar on the left side of the screen vertical. Please advise on how to fix this....
  3. How can I move my taskbar to be vertical on the left side of the screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I move my taskbar to be vertical on the left side of the screen?: My organization transitioned to Windows 11, and I was very disappointed to find that I am unable to have my taskbar on the left side of the screen vertical. Please advise on how to fix this....
  4. Windows 11: Can I have vertical task bar on the left side of the screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Can I have vertical task bar on the left side of the screen?: The task bas is horizontal at the bottom of the screen now.I wish having it back on the left side as before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-can-i-have-vertical-task-bar-on-the/349fafb8-87ab-4d42-8ec4-d91a5195b216
  5. Windows 11: Can I have vertical task bar on the left side of the screen?

Windows 11: Can I have vertical task bar on the left side of the screen?: The task bas is horizontal at the bottom of the screen now.I wish having it back on the left side as before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-can-i-have-vertical-task-bar-on-the/349fafb8-87ab-4d42-8ec4-d91a5195b216
  6. Disoriented without the vertical taskbar and left hand side clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disoriented without the vertical taskbar and left hand side clock: Totally disoriented and missing the vertical taskbar, but especially missing the left hand side clock. Disappointed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disoriented-without-the-vertical-taskbar-and-left/c611fda8-014d-489f-8b71-f8d306231840
  7. Disoriented without the vertical taskbar and left hand side clock

Disoriented without the vertical taskbar and left hand side clock: Totally disoriented and missing the vertical taskbar, but especially missing the left hand side clock. Disappointed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disoriented-without-the-vertical-taskbar-and-left/c611fda8-014d-489f-8b71-f8d306231840
  8. Why can't I place the taskbar vertically on the left side of the screen, on Windows 11?

Why can't I place the taskbar vertically on the left side of the screen, on Windows 11?: This is how I used to have the taskbar placed on Windows 10, and since the upgrade to Windows 11, the taskbar is locked on the bottom of the screen. This is really counterproductive, and I would like to know if this is a temporary or permanent feature. Thank you.....
  9. How to move the taskbar on the left side of the screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move the taskbar on the left side of the screen in Windows 11: For many years, I used to have the task bar on the left side of the screen, for productivity reasons - the screen is wider than taller, so I prefer to use a part of the larger space for the task bar than a part of the smaller space.But this option has been removed in Windows...
  10. How do I place taskbar on the left side?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I place taskbar on the left side?: Like so all the icons will be on the left Windows butto search button etc submitted by /u/nikas444 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/glwtp4/how_do_i_place_taskbar_on_the_left_side/