Windows 10: Why can't I play a dvd on my computer? I use windows 10

Discus and support Why can't I play a dvd on my computer? I use windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Help I can't play a DVD on my computer??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CarolHill3, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Why can't I play a dvd on my computer? I use windows 10

Help I can't play a DVD on my computer??

:)

CarolHill3, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Playing dvds

Hi Dan,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Is it happening on all the DVDs that you are trying to play on the Media Player?
    • Have you tried playing the DVDs on other computers? If so, are you getting the same error?
    • When did you start encountering the issue?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Media Player troubleshooter. To do this. follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit
      Enter.
    • On the left pane, choose View all.
    • Run the Windows Media Player DVD, Windows Media Player Library, and
      Windows Media Player Settings.

Why can't I play a dvd on my computer?  I use windows 10 d40dab60-b76b-4f48-962b-c93b0dece089.png
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Ernie San Win User

Why can't I play a dvd on my computer? I use windows 10

dvd will not play on Windows 10

Hello,

Usually, the issue with playing a Windows DVD Player to your device may arise due to the not updated operating system or your Windows DVD Player needs to be updated. In order for us to assist you better, we'd like to get the following:

• Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started? If yes, tell us more about it.
    • What are the specific troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • Are you getting any error message when attempting to use your Windows DVD Player? Kindly provide a screenshot.

Regards.

Ernie San, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Why can't I play a dvd on my computer? I use windows 10

1. Why can't I play a dvd on my computer? I use windows 10 - Similar Threads - Why can't play

2. I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...: I was told by Microsoft that DVDs could be played for free on my computer. I paid $15 for an app to play DVDs on my computer in addition. I still don't have the slightest idea of how to make the DVD in my computer right now play!...
  3. I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...: I was told by Microsoft that DVDs could be played for free on my computer. I paid $15 for an app to play DVDs on my computer in addition. I still don't have the slightest idea of how to make the DVD in my computer right now play!...
  4. I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why can't I use my computer properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I use my computer properly: I recently built a computer and it was fine until I downloaded my graphics card drivers and now everything I click says not responding and I can't do anything on the computer....
  6. Why can't I use my computer properly

Why can't I use my computer properly: I recently built a computer and it was fine until I downloaded my graphics card drivers and now everything I click says not responding and I can't do anything on the computer....
  7. My Windows 10 Pro Computer can't play cd's/ DVD's regardless of which optical drive I use.

My Windows 10 Pro Computer can't play cd's/ DVD's regardless of which optical drive I use.: Hi,I've been having trouble viewing, and playing cd's or DVD's on my windows 10 Pro computer. When I insert a disk, it shows up but says unknown in windows media player and VLC wont play any of the files I open. I have a USB RW drive and the same issue happens there too. The...
  8. My Windows 10 Pro Computer can't play cd's/ DVD's regardless of which optical drive I use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 Pro Computer can't play cd's/ DVD's regardless of which optical drive I use.: Hi,I've been having trouble viewing, and playing cd's or DVD's on my windows 10 Pro computer. When I insert a disk, it shows up but says unknown in windows media player and VLC wont play any of the files I open. I have a USB RW drive and the same issue happens there too. The...
  9. My Windows 10 Pro Computer can't play cd's/ DVD's regardless of which optical drive I use.

10. How do I play a DVD on my windows 10 computer?

How do I play a DVD on my windows 10 computer?: I signed up for free DVD player app but nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-play-a-dvd-on-my-windows-10-computer/0dce5d82-beed-4666-a9b9-896069f31d05