Windows 10: why cant i play video on my msi laptop? just get black screen and audio..

Discus and support why cant i play video on my msi laptop? just get black screen and audio.. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; cant stream any videos from websites. it says flash player is turned on but nothing works. just blank screen but audio can be heard..... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JohnDavieslfc, Dec 29, 2018.

1. why cant i play video on my msi laptop? just get black screen and audio..

cant stream any videos from websites. it says flash player is turned on but nothing works. just blank screen but audio can be heard..

:)

JohnDavieslfc, Dec 29, 2018

2. Black Screen When Playing Videos

Whenever I want to play a video; in Facebook or YouTube, I have no video (black screen) but I have audio.

DanielT808, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Varg Nord Win User
    Black screen when playing video fullscreen in Windows 10

My Laptop has dual graphic card:Intel HD Graphics 530 and GTX 970m and I usually connect an external monitor to it, setting external monitor (noted as Monitor 1) as main monitor. Both monitors are on. But these days I found that when I play video fullscreen on chrome, the monitor will turn to black but audio goes on, ie. my computer cannot render video correctly. I tested several times and got some info:

1. When I set Monitor 2(internal monitor of laptop) as main monitor, the video is ok when fullscreen, no matter which screen you drag the chrome window into.
    2. When the HD 530 is banned in Device Manager, ie. only GTX 970m working, it also works well.
    3. I tried disabling Hardware Accleration as some solution instructed but seems this issue remains unsolved.
    4. Playing video file (.mkv, .mpeg, etc.) with video player (Windows video player, Potplayer, .etc) never meets black screen.
    5. Rolling graphic cards' drivers back has been tried but not working.
    6. Edge as well as IE has same problem as chrome, so I guess the real problem is about video cards indeed.

Addition:

I seem to recall that weeks ago when I played web video fullscreen on Monitor 2 (which is not main), Windows crashed and went BLUE SCREEN. Though if Monitor 2 set as main the error would not occur according to my tests.

I really want to know why and how to fix. Thank you.

Varg Nord, Dec 29, 2018
  4. why cant i play video on my msi laptop? just get black screen and audio..

videos playing back in black, but the audio is good

IT appears that when windows did some updates, the ability to play back videos on websites quit working. I can click on the play button, it begins to play but all I get is the audio. The video is just a black screen. Is there some new setting I need to
    switch too or is this a bug in the updates?

GregHogue1, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

why cant i play video on my msi laptop? just get black screen and audio..

1. why cant i play video on my msi laptop? just get black screen and audio.. - Similar Threads - why cant play

2. My laptop works but the screen is just black.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop works but the screen is just black.: I'm using a "Evoo Ultra Thin 11.6 Windows 10 Laptop" and when I turn it on, the battery and status light works but the screen just stays black. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-works-but-the-screen-is-just-black/a82a19b1-e90c-4759-b4b0-0ca005a63276
  3. cant get in my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cant get in my laptop: i have windows 10 and i have set up my fingerprint to log me in - for some reason it is now asking my for a PIN to log in, ive never set one up! also the password isnt working either - it seems it will only take the PIN to log in but i never ever set one up....
  4. My MSI Laptop screen is not centered

in Windows 10 Customization
    My MSI Laptop screen is not centered: My MSI Laptop screen is off center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-msi-laptop-screen-is-not-centered/6e45322a-fcc9-4c41-9da7-edd5d5a67e1a
  5. Black Screen when trying to play video, audio works fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen when trying to play video, audio works fine: Hello. So I'm having a problem. Sometimes, Depending on the video... The screen is just Pure black with audio, Not all videos are like this. Sometimes when I DL videos off a site All I get is audio. But pitch-black screen. Any idea what can be causing this? Please advise...
  6. Camera in MSI laptop has Black screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera in MSI laptop has Black screen.: The camera in my new MSI GV62 BRC turns on, but only shows a black screen. Looking for helpful information as this problem is very frustrating....
  7. Just bought a MSI A6000 laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Just bought a MSI A6000 laptop: I just bought a MSI A6000 laptop. bought it with windows 7 ultimate and upgraded it to windows 10 pro. it seemed to have a junk battery so got one on amazon. now the issue is sometimes it works on battery for a couple minutes and other times it shuts off as soon as it is...
  8. Videos not playing properly (Black Screen, Green Screen)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos not playing properly (Black Screen, Green Screen): Hello, I've run into a problem with videos not playing properly after installing the Asus ATK package from the support website. First, Youtube Videos failed to load the actual videos, only having the sound playing, with only a black screen. I disabled Hardware Acceleration...
  9. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video play green or black screen: After Win 10 installed, everything works fine except for videos. When I try to view them using my Facebook page, I am just getting a green or black screen although I usually have audio -- but not always. I have installed and updated AMD drivers. Thank you. 13786
  10. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Video play green or black screen: Getting a green or black screen when playing videos through Facebook. But, if I go directly to YouTube, the videos play with no problem. Thank you. 14343