Windows 10: why cant i play video on my msi laptop? just get black screen and audio..

Discus and support why cant i play video on my msi laptop? just get black screen and audio.. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; cant stream any videos from websites. it says flash player is turned on but nothing works. just blank screen but audio can be heard..... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JohnDavieslfc, Dec 29, 2018.

1. why cant i play video on my msi laptop? just get black screen and audio..

cant stream any videos from websites. it says flash player is turned on but nothing works. just blank screen but audio can be heard..

:)

JohnDavieslfc, Dec 29, 2018

2. Black Screen When Playing Videos

Whenever I want to play a video; in Facebook or YouTube, I have no video (black screen) but I have audio.

DanielT808, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Varg Nord Win User
    Black screen when playing video fullscreen in Windows 10

My Laptop has dual graphic card:Intel HD Graphics 530 and GTX 970m and I usually connect an external monitor to it, setting external monitor (noted as Monitor 1) as main monitor. Both monitors are on. But these days I found that when I play video fullscreen on chrome, the monitor will turn to black but audio goes on, ie. my computer cannot render video correctly. I tested several times and got some info:

1. When I set Monitor 2(internal monitor of laptop) as main monitor, the video is ok when fullscreen, no matter which screen you drag the chrome window into.
    2. When the HD 530 is banned in Device Manager, ie. only GTX 970m working, it also works well.
    3. I tried disabling Hardware Accleration as some solution instructed but seems this issue remains unsolved.
    4. Playing video file (.mkv, .mpeg, etc.) with video player (Windows video player, Potplayer, .etc) never meets black screen.
    5. Rolling graphic cards' drivers back has been tried but not working.
    6. Edge as well as IE has same problem as chrome, so I guess the real problem is about video cards indeed.

Addition:

I seem to recall that weeks ago when I played web video fullscreen on Monitor 2 (which is not main), Windows crashed and went BLUE SCREEN. Though if Monitor 2 set as main the error would not occur according to my tests.

I really want to know why and how to fix. Thank you.

Varg Nord, Dec 29, 2018
  4. why cant i play video on my msi laptop? just get black screen and audio..

videos playing back in black, but the audio is good

IT appears that when windows did some updates, the ability to play back videos on websites quit working. I can click on the play button, it begins to play but all I get is the audio. The video is just a black screen. Is there some new setting I need to
    switch too or is this a bug in the updates?

GregHogue1, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

why cant i play video on my msi laptop? just get black screen and audio..

1. why cant i play video on my msi laptop? just get black screen and audio.. - Similar Threads - why cant play

2. MSI screen on laptop is black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI screen on laptop is black: I opened my MSI laptop this morning. It said it had to restart because of a problem but the screen was also flickering violently, so I force turned it off. Now, whenever I turn it on, the fans are going, but the screen stays black. What do I do?...
  3. MSI screen on laptop is black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI screen on laptop is black: I opened my MSI laptop this morning. It said it had to restart because of a problem but the screen was also flickering violently, so I force turned it off. Now, whenever I turn it on, the fans are going, but the screen stays black. What do I do?...
  4. MSI screen on laptop is black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. why i cant play a sound on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i cant play a sound on my laptop?: why my volume is mute>? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-play-a-sound-on-my-laptop/d9f972bf-b2de-4d4e-8329-a9fca6636d2d
  6. why i cant play a sound on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why i cant play a sound on my laptop?: why my volume is mute>? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-play-a-sound-on-my-laptop/d9f972bf-b2de-4d4e-8329-a9fca6636d2d
  7. Why cant I play any videos.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why cant I play any videos.: I try to play videos. I can play videos on browsers fine. Like watch YouTube Netflix etc. But when it comes to a video in the video folder or any other video downloaded I cant. Also I checked they are mp4. Im on windows 10. Could any one help me?...
  8. All my video playback comes up as a black screen with just the audio

All my video playback comes up as a black screen with just the audio: Hi, The specification of my system are as follows Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7-7700HQ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Windows OS build 19041.508 Version 2004 The issue started after installing the latest windows update. All my video playback,...
  9. Why am i seeing a black screen whenever i play a video ?

Why am i seeing a black screen whenever i play a video ?: So After recent updates of windows 2004 there's a new bug of video playing with a blank screen on it , basically we cant see the video that we're playing it's all blank it with a black screen but we can hear the audio and see the captions, the drivers and everything is upto...
  10. [HELP] Playing videos results in a black screen with unaffected audio.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Playing videos results in a black screen with unaffected audio.: Every time I play a video, no matter the file type (from mp4, mkv, to avi) or the program (from windows video player & media player, vlc, to Kodi), the video is just black while the audio plays completely normal. This problem has gotten progressively worse over the past month...