Windows 10: Why can't I record app with game bar anymore?

Discus and support Why can't I record app with game bar anymore? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Am I doing something wrong or do I not have the ability to record apps.? I am using Win 10 Pro.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LAPIII, Jan 28, 2019.

1. LAPIII Win User

Why can't I record app with game bar anymore?

Am I doing something wrong or do I not have the ability to record apps.? I am using Win 10 Pro.

:)

LAPIII, Jan 28, 2019
  2. renee1219 Win User

Record and Take Screenshots with Game Bar in Windows 10

Crazzzzzyyyy quick question but can this be used for things other then apps and games. Such as a way to record a program or a browser for helping make tutorials. The way I understand "Snipping Tool" can take screen shots as well as custom cutouts of the screen your on. And the "Steps Recorder" records the steps taken and can also apply notes to the steps. But can the Game Bar record things like a tutorial steps. Like by recording your screen as a video rather then just steps. Like I said above Crazy Question.

renee1219, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Hiding New Game Bar when Recording

Hi LeviathanTheEsper,

Normally, You can play your games while recording it in the background. It seems that background recording is not enabled on your computer that's why the Game bar is showing up when playing your games. Let's check if background recording is enabled by performing
    the following steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Gaming.
    3. Select Game DVR.
    4. Under Background Recording, check if the toggle switch is enabled.

We look forward to your update.

Ariel Acu, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Why can't I record app with game bar anymore?

Windows Game Bar not Recording Microphone By Default

Hi Yewtsan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why Windows Game Bar is not recording microphone by default. To help you resolve this concern, you may perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

You may also try to turn off the Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Why can't I record app with game bar anymore?

1. Why can't I record app with game bar anymore? - Similar Threads - Why can't record

2. Game bar Can't Record Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game bar Can't Record Error: I'm having an issue with Xbox Game Bar on windows 11 but game bar says windows 10 and it's not letting me record at all. It keeps giving me a "we can't record right now, try again later" error. I've tried every fix: uninstalling & reinstalling the xbox app, using the...
  3. Game bar Can't Record Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar Can't Record Error: I'm having an issue with Xbox Game Bar on windows 11 but game bar says windows 10 and it's not letting me record at all. It keeps giving me a "we can't record right now, try again later" error. I've tried every fix: uninstalling & reinstalling the xbox app, using the...
  4. Why can't I install games from the xbox app anymore?

Why can't I install games from the xbox app anymore?: Ever since I can back from vacation, I haven't been able to use the Xbox app. When I try to start or install a game it tells me "Download Gaming Services", then I click download and wait for it to finish. Then it repeats the same thing when I try again. I've tried resetting...
  5. Why can't I install games from the xbox app anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I install games from the xbox app anymore?: Ever since I can back from vacation, I haven't been able to use the Xbox app. When I try to start or install a game it tells me "Download Gaming Services", then I click download and wait for it to finish. Then it repeats the same thing when I try again. I've tried resetting...
  6. Game bar capture doesn't record audio anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar capture doesn't record audio anymore: Game bar doesn't seem to capture audio anymore when using the 'record previous minute' feature. I have never encountered this issue before. In Settings > Gaming > Captures, 'Record audio when I record a game' is still enabled, and in the Game bar, audio capturing is set to...
  7. Game bar capture doesn't record audio anymore

Game bar capture doesn't record audio anymore: Game bar doesn't seem to capture audio anymore when using the 'record previous minute' feature. I have never encountered this issue before. In Settings > Gaming > Captures, 'Record audio when I record a game' is still enabled, and in the Game bar, audio capturing is set to...
  8. XBox Game Bar Won't Record on my Device Anymore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XBox Game Bar Won't Record on my Device Anymore?: Since I've gotten my computer I have been able to use the xbox game bar to record and save clips from my games and other apps, but it has randomly (as far as I can tell) stopped working. I get an error that says "Sorry, this PC doesn't meet the hardware requirement for...
  9. Can't Record Voice and Other Apps while using the Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Record Voice and Other Apps while using the Game Bar Recording: I have been using the game bar to record things happening so I don't have to use OBS constantly, but I have run into an issue. I want to record both my voice and the voices of my friends, but when I set the audio recording to all, my mic doesn't get recorded, but when I set...
  10. Game Bar recording can't be opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game Bar recording can't be opened: Hi all, I tried to record a video using Game Bar but suddenly the computer hanged. I have to hard reboot the computer but after that there is only a 3.2 GB MP4 but can't be opened. It said either the file type not support or file corrupted. 0xc00d36c4 I am thinking as...