Windows 10: Why can't I reinstall FSX on Windows 10

Discus and support Why can't I reinstall FSX on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why can't I reinstall FSX on Windows 10 I keep getting Error messages. I've looked at forums that give a link to run a registry program of some sort... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidHusted1, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Why can't I reinstall FSX on Windows 10

Why can't I reinstall FSX on Windows 10

I keep getting Error messages. I've looked at forums that give a link to run a registry program of some sort but it always for an earlier version of windows. Someone, PLEASE, HELP.

:)

DavidHusted1, Jun 6, 2019
  2. Lumpy20 Win User

FSX Acceleration - Windows 10

Hi,

I have been running FSX Gold +Acceleration for some time but after the Anniversary update of Windows 10 I get the usual activation errors.

Initially I uninstalled and reinstalled FSX Gold, this registered OK and ran with Multiplayer Mode listed as an option.

Then I installed Acceleration and the troubles began. Initially the 1-80004005 error and ran KB928080 as well as others listed by Microsoft as a 'fix' for FSX Acceleration registration.

I then restarted the PC but the error changed to 8-c0000006, which persists.

Uninstalling Acceleration removes this error but Direct X10 and other features of FSX are missing.

Yes, I did the Registry 'fix' of partmgr to PartMgr but nothing changed.

Some suggestion are to create a new user account but I would prefer not to do this.

Are there any alternate suggestions that might help?

FSX-Gold +Acceleration did work on the PC previously.

Regards, KH

Lumpy20, Jun 6, 2019
  3. AndyDunne Win User
    Microsoft FSX

I installed FSX standard on a windows 10 PC. I had to uninstall it and I removed the registry entries. When I tried to reinstall it, I get the options to repair or remove the program. Neither of which I can do as I have uninstalled the program.

I tried downloading Microsoft installer V4.5 but it wont run(error 0x8009602)

I tried Microsoft program install and uninstall but FSX is not in the list and the product code on the FSX box is too short to satisfy the program

Any help or suggestions appreciated

AndyDunne, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Al-63 Win User

fsx Installation on windows 10

Having same problem. FSX. Win10. Had to reinstall Windows. Now when attempting to reinstall FSX, I insert FSX DVD #1 and get Microsoft Flight Simulator X installshield wizard...Removing Applications. It asks for disc #2 and then after a few minutes I get:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X Error.

Error 1722. There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact support personnel.

Then:

Feature Transfer Error

Error: - 1603 Fatal Error During installation.

Consult Windows Installer Help.

Have tried multiple times. Unable to uninstall the non running FSX in order to do a fresh install... I followed the steps listed above and it did not solve the problem.

Help.

Al-63, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Why can't I reinstall FSX on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Why can't reinstall

2. Why can't I reinstall Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I reinstall Windows?: I tried to do a windows reset on my computer, but it froze partway through. Now it only boots to WRE. I made a media creation tool USB on my school laptop for Windows 11 which my PC came with. But when I boot my PC with it, it starts to install Windows but it freezes every...
  3. Why can't I reinstall Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I reinstall Windows?: I tried to do a windows reset on my computer, but it froze partway through. Now it only boots to WRE. I made a media creation tool USB on my school laptop for Windows 11 which my PC came with. But when I boot my PC with it, it starts to install Windows but it freezes every...
  4. Why can't I reinstall Windows Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I reinstall Windows Store?: I have tried using the PowerShell Admin way, where I type in the command in PowerShell Admin and I restarted my computer, but it also did not show up. I then tried the add feature way, but that also did not work out as I did not see the store in the features you choose. What...
  5. Why can't I reinstall Windows Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I reinstall Windows Store?: I have tried using the PowerShell Admin way, where I type in the command in PowerShell Admin and I restarted my computer, but it also did not show up. I then tried the add feature way, but that also did not work out as I did not see the store in the features you choose. What...
  6. reinstall FSX

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reinstall FSX: I had to uninstall FSX to free up HDD space and now I'm trying to reinstall but I keep getting the Repair or Remove screen followed by Error 1605. I've searched everywhere I can think of but cannot find any trace of FSX, can you help Please?...
  7. FSX reinstallation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    FSX reinstallation: Having reinstalled FSX after it crashed, I find I have a " Product Activation Error" message. Discs 1 & 2 activated successfully after the product key was entered, and even though "Acceleration" loaded, I did not get a product key request. The error code was: 1-80004005....
  8. Can't activate FSX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate FSX: Microsoft not accepting product key for FSX after I purchased new gaming computer and installed software. It's the only one of my PC's running with this software as the others are non-operational at this point. Phoned Microsoft and they can't help as the product is...
  9. Why wont my FSX reinstall into windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why wont my FSX reinstall into windows 10: I have just had an update downloaded for Windows 10 and lost my FSX program I have tried to reinstall it but get an error message saying its unable to continue How do in reinstall Microsoft FSX in Windows 10,...
  10. FSX Gold Edition unable to reinstall.

in Windows 10 Support
    FSX Gold Edition unable to reinstall.: My first post here as I am at my wits end. Did a new install of my FSX on my desktop computer. It was never on there before. The installation went well and I then attempted to install my old PMDG 737 and also some old scenery and schedule files. So that messed it up and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant install fsx in windows 10

2. why can`t i re install FSX

3. fsx wont install on windows 10

4. fsx re-install windows 10,
  5. win10 may 2020 cant install fsx,
  6. fsx wont install windows 10,
  7. reinstall fsx gives me errors,
  8. flightsimulator x windows 10 installation,
  9. FSX will not remove,
  10. flight simulator x feature transfer error 1603,
  11. how to reinstall fsx on new computer,