Windows 10: Why can't I remove old partitions from previous Windows boot disk?

Discus and support Why can't I remove old partitions from previous Windows boot disk? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 2 SSDs in my laptop. I fresh installed Windows on what was previously my D drive. My old C drive still has EFI System and Recovery partitions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by martinistripes, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Why can't I remove old partitions from previous Windows boot disk?

I have 2 SSDs in my laptop. I fresh installed Windows on what was previously my D drive. My old C drive still has EFI System and Recovery partitions and I can find no way to remove them. I've tried disk management, when I right-click the partition there is only help option, which takes me to general help using the program. I've also tried DISKPART through cmd. When I select the partition and type delete partition override, I get an error saying "the operation is not supported by the object".I should mention the disk is almost full of other data, and I want to keep this. Hence, I didn't format

:)

martinistripes, Jan 2, 2022
Thema:

Why can't I remove old partitions from previous Windows boot disk?

1. Why can't I remove old partitions from previous Windows boot disk? - Similar Threads - Why can't remove

2. remove partitions that not needed from old linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove partitions that not needed from old linux: i have ASUS tuf a15 and i used to have multiple Linux OS from different distros kali,Ubuntu,manjaro, etc. as dual boot now i want to remove the extra partitions to save space and i don't know which one to removethe unallocated is for new Linux i will install after solving...
  3. remove partitions that not needed from old linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove partitions that not needed from old linux: i have ASUS tuf a15 and i used to have multiple Linux OS from different distros kali,Ubuntu,manjaro, etc. as dual boot now i want to remove the extra partitions to save space and i don't know which one to removethe unallocated is for new Linux i will install after solving...
  4. PC would not boot if I removed the old hdd. Why can't I do that?

PC would not boot if I removed the old hdd. Why can't I do that?: I bought a used PC which came with Windows 10 Pro. I added an ssd and upgraded to Windows 11 on the ssd. The PC works with Windows 11. However, the PC would not boot if I removed the old hdd. Why can't I do that?...
  5. REMOVE OLD WINDOW FROM THE DISK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REMOVE OLD WINDOW FROM THE DISK: hI, I have m.2 nvme ssd. on this drive there is old window 10. i can see this dirive on my window list as drive D. How can i delet this window program from my drive. not: oprating window 10 is on my c: drive. ?....
  6. REMOVE OLD WINDOW FROM THE DISK

REMOVE OLD WINDOW FROM THE DISK: hI, I have m.2 nvme ssd. on this drive there is old window 10. i can see this dirive on my window list as drive D. How can i delet this window program from my drive. not: oprating window 10 is on my c: drive. ?....
  7. REMOVE OLD WINDOW FROM THE DISK

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Why can't I remove old partitions from previous Windows boot disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I remove old partitions from previous Windows boot disk?: I have 2 SSDs in my laptop. I fresh installed Windows on what was previously my D drive. My old C drive still has EFI System and Recovery partitions and I can find no way to remove them. I've tried disk management, when I right-click the partition there is only help option,...
  9. Disk partitions left behind from ubuntu dual boot can't be removed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk partitions left behind from ubuntu dual boot can't be removed: Hello, Due to COVID-19 I had to dual-boot my laptop with Ubuntu so that I could work from home. I am now back at work and have uninstalled Ubuntu, or well, parts of it. My disk partitions can't be touched at all. Every tutorial on the internet tells me to delete the disk...
  10. Disk boot failure after removing old Vista partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk boot failure after removing old Vista partition: While installing Windows 10 on an old computer I met a puzzling problem I can’t seem to be able to solve. I’m currently unable to boot from any device kind of device or media, and have to ask for professional help. The setup has an IDE DVD-drive (set to master), and two SATA...