Windows 10: Why cant i restart windows security?

Discus and support Why cant i restart windows security? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I noticed it the windows security thing had a little red x on it so i opened it and it says "Threat services has stopped. Restart it now" But i cant. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/notgodpo, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Why cant i restart windows security?

I noticed it the windows security thing had a little red x on it so i opened it and it says "Threat services has stopped. Restart it now" But i cant. I press it and nothing happens. I thought maybe i need to update windows, but i cant do that either. I click on the start menu or whatever it is called and nothing comes up, so i type update into the search bar and click on that and it brings a window up for a split second and then closes it.

What could be causing all this? I thought maybe virus but the only thing ive downloaded recently was drivers for my new drawing tablet (from the official site) and overwolf/curseforge so i can play modded minecraft.

submitted by /u/notgodpo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/notgodpo, Dec 2, 2020
  2. little cat, Dec 2, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why cant i restart windows security? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Why cant i restart windows security?

Windows Security Screen shutdown/restart with GPO

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I will certainly help you with this.

Are you on domain computer?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: Try to change the group policy settings.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type gpedit.msc and press enter.

• Expand the security settings.

• Click on security options.

• On the right pane, double click on Interactive logon: display user information when the session is locked.

• Under local security setting tab, change the dropdown to do not display user information.

• Under the same section,
      double-click on Interactive logon: Do not display last user name.

• Under security setting tab, click on enabled and click on apply.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Why cant i restart windows security?

1. Why cant i restart windows security? - Similar Threads - Why cant restart

2. why cant open my windows security?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant open my windows security?: i cannot open my windows security. i dont know my security is update or not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-open-my-windows-security/a94c3bed-94c3-4764-9fae-52cb7d64c5b9
  3. why cant open my windows security?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why cant open my windows security?: i cannot open my windows security. i dont know my security is update or not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-open-my-windows-security/a94c3bed-94c3-4764-9fae-52cb7d64c5b9
  4. i cant find exclusions in windows security

i cant find exclusions in windows security: plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-exclusions-in-windows-security/1855e341-1429-4370-844c-b5e104237b69
  5. I cant open my windows security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant open my windows security: how can im access my window security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-windows-security/838a727c-dea3-4aed-9112-c6574e03524d
  6. Why cant I enable local security authority protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant I enable local security authority protection?: Hi all,I opened my pc today to see a warning in my windows defender, stating local security authority protection is turned off. I clicked the "settings" button underneath the warning to look into it, but instead it came up with an error saying something about it not being...
  7. Why cant I enable local security authority protection?

Why cant I enable local security authority protection?: Hi all,I opened my pc today to see a warning in my windows defender, stating local security authority protection is turned off. I clicked the "settings" button underneath the warning to look into it, but instead it came up with an error saying something about it not being...
  8. I CANT **** OPEN MY WINDOWS SECURITY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I CANT **** OPEN MY WINDOWS SECURITY: i've been owning a new zenbook flip 15 and it got windows 10 pre-installed in it. when i try to configure windows security i realized it wont open,so i cant configure the antivirus,app control,etc. windows defender is still working tho,so i can configure my firewalls but...
  9. I cant open windows security

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant open windows security: After I quarantined a file it seems like i cant open the windows security anymore. Everytime I tried to open it, it freezes and close on its own. Other setting works fine exept this one. Please help me...
  10. why i cant activate windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why i cant activate windows?: Error code: 0xC004F074. please help me sos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-activate-windows/f918c5c1-ae90-4d6d-bbbe-8fcea8f91f5f