Windows 10: Why can't I run utorrent.exe

Discus and support Why can't I run utorrent.exe in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I gave permission but it still won't run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by meinmakati, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Why can't I run utorrent.exe

I gave permission but it still won't run

:)

meinmakati, Nov 27, 2020

2. cannot run utorrent installer after updating to windows 10?

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• Is the issue specific to installing UTorrent?

• Which browser are you using?

Try installing different programs and check and if issue is specific to UTorrent, I suggest you to get in touch with UTorrent support.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 27, 2020
  3. utorrent folder location

I have downloaded and presumably installed utorrent. I did go through the setup wizard. Although I chose a start-up menu and desktop shortcut, I did not get either one. utorrent will launch and I pinned the shortcut to the taskbar. Once I exit utorrent the taskbar shortcut disappears.

Where is the utorrent folder located?

I have, with utorrent running, looked into the Task Manager. utorrent is listed, but "Open File Location" and "Properties" don't work.

I looked into the %appdata% folder and there is no utorrent folder in there either.

I also went in Control Panel to the list of installed applications, and utorren is not listed.

I have looked online for solutions, but so far nothing has worked. I cann't find where utorrent is installed. At this point, I would just like to uninstall it along with any crapware that may have come with it.

If I didn't know better (and I'm not sure), I would think utorrent is actually running directly of the .exe file - if that is possible.

Please help me find the utorrent folder and uninstall it and everything that may have come with it.

battlezone, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Why can't I run utorrent.exe

Is uTorrent really safe?

I just downloaded uTorrent from their official website. After installation, the .exe file downloaded and installed 2 programs automatically and started them up.

They were -

1. Opera browser
    2. Avast free antivirus.
    After installation of the torrent browser it automatically opened up the settings and tried to change my default browser!

I uninstalled them all along with uTorrent and did an antivirus scan where nothing was found.

Now, my question is, How and why did uTorrent downloaded and installed this programs without my permission and tried to change my settings?

Is it compromising our security and privacy?

Abhinav_17, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Why can't I run utorrent.exe

1. Why can't I run utorrent.exe - Similar Threads - Why can't run

2. Why can't i download the MediaCreationTool22H2.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't i download the MediaCreationTool22H2.exe: I am on windows 7 and i cannot install this too to allow me upgradei then get a: error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000 please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-download-the-mediacreationtool22h2exe/93607150-0b19-4d02-b7f5-d991c113b23d
  3. why have no name .exe running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why have no name .exe running?: I usually use the habit of not installing pirated software, always keep the firewall and windows defender open.But one day when I shut down my computer, I found that my computer might be running a .exe file without a name, I tried to find the file from the job manager, but I...
  4. why have no name .exe running?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why have no name .exe running?: I usually use the habit of not installing pirated software, always keep the firewall and windows defender open.But one day when I shut down my computer, I found that my computer might be running a .exe file without a name, I tried to find the file from the job manager, but I...
  5. Why can't I pin this .exe to the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I pin this .exe to the taskbar?: And why have they removed drag to taskbar to pin an app in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-pin-this-exe-to-the-taskbar/98a2205a-fcce-4ef4-acdc-33d8f7b4f356
  6. Windows not allowing uTorrent to run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not allowing uTorrent to run: I seem to be in a bit of conundrum here. Every time I start uTorrent, I get a notification of "Potentially unwanted app found" but I get no option anywhere to allow it to run. My only option seems to be to go straight to Reputation based protection and completely turn...
  7. I can't run .exe files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't run .exe files.: Hi there! Recently, I was not able to run .exe files. For some reason, windows defender found svchost.exe as a virus, so I deleted it. This instantly closed all exe files I had running and closed task manager (which I cannot open anymore). I am very worried as there are many...
  8. Can't run .exe

Can't run .exe: An update to AVG was performed on our computer. After that ran, when we try to open any program we receive the message: xxxx.exe- Application error the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application. This occurs for any...
  9. uTorrent Running Out Of Memory

uTorrent Running Out Of Memory: Hi, I'm using a validated copy of Windows 10 and I was using uTorrent today and suddenly I got a message that it ran out of memory. I've used uTorrent with Windows 10 quite a few times with no problem whatsoever. I tried deleting the torrent and then I tried another one. It...
  10. BSOD after running uTorrent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after running uTorrent: Attachment 42671 I think it's unrelated, but I'm not really sure. 26308