Windows 10: Why can't I save a custom theme?

Discus and support Why can't I save a custom theme? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Build 19002 Following on from my post about Windows 10 automatically changing my theme to dark several times per day, when I change it back and create... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thewizardoz, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Why can't I save a custom theme?

Build 19002

Following on from my post about Windows 10 automatically changing my theme to dark several times per day, when I change it back and create a custom theme when I try to save it a small window pops up where I am supposed to give my theme a name. But I can write anything in that box therefore I am unable to save my theme!

Very frustrating!!

Thanks for any ideas or help.

:)

thewizardoz, Nov 12, 2019

2. windows 10 how do I save a custom theme AND how do I delete a theme

Hi,

To assist you better about your issue in renaming a rheme, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Go to all settings.
    • Click personalization.
    • Click themes and go to theme settings.
    • Go to Desktop Background.
    • Rename your theme.

In deleting your save theme, you can go to your desktop and remove it. But you cannot delete the default theme.

Feel free to post back your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Win 10 Themes won't "save"

Whoops, false alarm. That did not work. My Custom theme is saved but still will not hold.

However these were the steps that worked last summer when I was researching the same problem.

Do I reset the Custom theme and than go to Appdata and delete those 2 files? Or do I delete those 2 files and than save a custom theme and when in the process do I reboot.

I certainly miss the Save button in this operation.

Perry Kincy, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Why can't I save a custom theme?

Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Why can't I save a custom theme?

1. Why can't I save a custom theme? - Similar Threads - Why can't save

2. Windows 10 Pesonalization issue: Custom Themes can not be SAVEd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pesonalization issue: Custom Themes can not be SAVEd: I go to pesonalize > make changes to color, background etc. to an existing "custom theme" > hit "Save Theme" button > "Save your theme" and "name your theme" appears with space and text cursor blinking, so far so good, BUT.... when I try to type the name > nothing happens !!!...
  3. Windows 10 Pesonalization issue: Custom Themes can not be SAVEd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pesonalization issue: Custom Themes can not be SAVEd: I go to pesonalize > make changes to color, background etc. to an existing "custom theme" > hit "Save Theme" button > "Save your theme" and "name your theme" appears with space and text cursor blinking, so far so good, BUT.... when I try to type the name > nothing happens !!!...
  4. Why you should NOT use custom themes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why you should NOT use custom themes: So I was trying to make Windows 10 look like Vista fair enough. I found a theme made by some dude on DeviantArt can't remember his name for the life of me who made some cool Vista themes. I tried them but then I realized I didn't patch the UX dlls you see where this is going...
  5. Deleting a custom theme in personalization/themes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a custom theme in personalization/themes: I can't find a way to delete a custom theme. I replace the background with a picture and 10 min. later the theme photos return. Even when I choose another theme it only lasts 10 minutes before reverting back. HDI delete this persistent theme?...
  6. No custom theme created when modifying theme - "Save theme" button not present

No custom theme created when modifying theme - "Save theme" button not present: Hi, I'm trying to create a theme for my PC, however on the Settings page the "Save theme" button is not present. Instead, there is a "Use a custom theme" button which, when pressed, seems to swap me in and out of one of the High Contrast themes. Is there any way I can get...
  7. Theme customization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Theme customization: I tried to customize windows in terms of background and text. In order to do that, I had to select high contrast setting and then do whatever I want. It did worked pretty fine, BUT, Excel's background turned black on its own and I have a huge lists with differently colored...
  8. Custom Themes

Custom Themes: So,I just uninstalled a theme,now,i cant open settings,doesn't show me nothing.And when I try to open personalize it shows me this: ______________________________________________________________________ |_ms-settings:personalization-background_____________________|✖️| |...
  9. Customizing Themes

Customizing Themes: I would like to add corporate information e.g. company vision, mission, objectives etc onto some of the nice images that come with Windows 7/10 so that while the computer is ideal I can use it to communication good and useful company information. Is this allowable by MS?...
  10. "Save a Theme"

"Save a Theme": I have just had an error with title "Save a Theme" and message "Windows can't find one of the files in this theme. Do you still want to save the theme?" appear, during normal use of Windows 10. I have never tried to save a theme, and did not have any settings windows open at...