Windows 10: why can't I see all my networks in manage my networks. unable to delete (forget?) as they...

Discus and support why can't I see all my networks in manage my networks. unable to delete (forget?) as they... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; why can't I see all my networks in manage my networks. unable to delete (forget?) as they don't show there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GlenMacaskill, Nov 20, 2018.

1. why can't I see all my networks in manage my networks. unable to delete (forget?) as they...

why can't I see all my networks in manage my networks. unable to delete (forget?) as they don't show there

:)

GlenMacaskill, Nov 20, 2018

2. Forget a WiFi Network

Hi Jess,

Windows 10 saves a list of Wi-Fi networks you connect to along with their passwords and other settings. If you want to manage or delete a certain network, just follow the steps provided below:

• Type Settings on the search box.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Click Wi-Fi on the left pane of the Network & Internet window.
    • Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
    • Select the network name and click Forget.

Note: Since you can't remember the network name you've connected with, you can consider forgetting all saved Wi-Fi networks on your PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Justine Pel, Nov 20, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    wireless network

Vista or XP?

You need to go in and delete the network. Then it will pick it up again, and ask you to enter the key again.

On Vista, you do this by going into Networking and Sharing Center. The click on Customize, then click on Merge or delete network locations. Find the SSID of the router in the list, and delete it.

On XP, I believe you have to go to Network Connections, then right click on your Wireless Adaptor. Go to Status, and there should be a button to Manage Wireless Networks, that should take you to where you need to be to delete the network.

newtekie1, Nov 20, 2018
  4. John Galt Win User

why can't I see all my networks in manage my networks. unable to delete (forget?) as they...

disable 2.4ghz network

First, get the computer to forget your current network:

• Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen.
    • Click Network settings.
    • Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
    • Under Manage known networks, click the network you want to delete.
    • Click Forget. The wireless network profile is deleted.

Next, go into your router and either completely disable the 2.4GHz radio or set the 2.4 and the 5G radios to different SSIDs, maybe the 2.4 can be your guest Wifi...

Then, on your computer, only join the 5Ghz SSID network.

The suggestion in the post above to just disable the SSID broadcast of the 2.4Ghz radio will probably not work, your computer will still join it.

John Galt, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

why can't I see all my networks in manage my networks. unable to delete (forget?) as they...

1. why can't I see all my networks in manage my networks. unable to delete (forget?) as they... - Similar Threads - why can't networks

2. Why can't I see my available networks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I see my available networks?: I was just watching the YouTube video when suddenly my internet disconnected and it won't turn back on. I've had this happened before but I don't remember what I did. But basically it doesn't show any available networks, I've gone through numerous restarts, I've Google...
  3. Why can't I see my available networks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I see my available networks?: I was just watching the YouTube video when suddenly my internet disconnected and it won't turn back on. I've had this happened before but I don't remember what I did. But basically it doesn't show any available networks, I've gone through numerous restarts, I've Google...
  4. Why can't I see my available networks?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't see my network drive on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see my network drive on network: I'm running Windows 11 Home on a HP OMEN Desktop. I have a WD Cloud EX4 drive hooked in through ethernet. The drive, named "Main-Cloud", shows up under storage and not on the computer. When I click on the Main-Cloud icon it just brings up the maintenance window for the drive...
  6. Can't see my network drive on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see my network drive on network: I'm running Windows 11 Home on a HP OMEN Desktop. I have a WD Cloud EX4 drive hooked in through ethernet. The drive, named "Main-Cloud", shows up under storage and not on the computer. When I click on the Main-Cloud icon it just brings up the maintenance window for the drive...
  7. I can't see my computer in local network

I can't see my computer in local network: After I replaced network switches. I can't see my computer in local network. My system is Windows 10 pro 20H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-my-computer-in-local-network/e334a45e-68da-4cea-85f8-74fae1c34741
  8. I can't see my WIFI network on my laptop....

I can't see my WIFI network on my laptop....: This is strange. I cannot see my home WIFI network from my laptop, but I can see eight of more other networks. While at the same time, my desktop computer is successfully using the very same network that I cannot see from my laptop. My cell phone and tablet can also...
  9. Why does my Windows 10 keep forgetting my network?

Why does my Windows 10 keep forgetting my network?: I searched google and all it would bring up was people’s pcs had forgotten their wifi password. Mine drama is a little bit different. My pc keeps forgetting my home network. All my other devices are still connected and the network is up and running. When I open the wifi list...
  10. Unable to see all network computers

Unable to see all network computers: I have 3 computers on LAN - Ethernet. All computers in same workgroup network discovery is ON Password Sharing is off Computer LEE-VISTA is Vista, LEE-PC is Win7 and LEE-HP is Win10 LEE-HP is new out of box Win10 Home computer. When looking at network computers on...