Windows 10: why can't I see any users other than public

Discus and support why can't I see any users other than public in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; why can't I see any users other than public... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hotrod Cottman, Aug 20, 2018.

1. why can't I see any users other than public

why can't I see any users other than public

:)

Hotrod Cottman, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Public and personal user accounts

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the issue description, I understand that you want to retrieve your user account files which you mistakenly have hidden it.

I suggest you to restore the settings to default and check if it helps. You may follow the steps below for the same.

• Press Windows+E
    • Go to View in the file ribbon and select option
    • Select view on the prompt.
    • Click on the Restore default.
    • Select Apply and Ok.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if the issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Greywolf Win User

KB3081444 does not install

SOLVED!

C:\Users <==> U:\ (separate users and system)

The clue was the 0x80070001 return code from the installation. All is well.

Steps:
    1. cd \users
    2. robocopy /mir /zb Public C:\Public
    3. regedit
      1. save HKLM
      2. search for \Users\Public, replace with \Public
      3. restart

DONE. No update problem!

[Now to re-do everything I customized and save another system image... and turn on backups on U:\ ...]

Greywolf, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. why can't I see any users other than public - Similar Threads - why can't users

2. Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen: Hi, I made an account with my name when i installed Windows 11. Now, i want to add another profile for my brother. I am able to make a user account but I cannot see that user on the lockscreen. I really like the UI/UX of Windows 11 and I don;t wanna switch back to windows 10....
  3. Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen: Hi, I made an account with my name when i installed Windows 11. Now, i want to add another profile for my brother. I am able to make a user account but I cannot see that user on the lockscreen. I really like the UI/UX of Windows 11 and I don;t wanna switch back to windows 10....
  4. I can't connect to any public wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to any public wifi: I am currently living in a place where they have a free public wifi. since today, i cant seem to connect to any public wifi. Usually when i try to connect to any public wifi, there's a message on the wifi section to "open browser and connect". Since this morning, the message...
  5. I can't connect to any public wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't connect to any public wifi: I am currently living in a place where they have a free public wifi. since today, i cant seem to connect to any public wifi. Usually when i try to connect to any public wifi, there's a message on the wifi section to "open browser and connect". Since this morning, the message...
  6. I can't see any users except the Administrator one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't see any users except the Administrator one: Hi. I am not able to view any users when I log in to my PC or when switching accounts. I am only able to work with the Administrator account. I went to Family& Other users and added multiple accounts, but not one of them can be signed in with. I went to Computer...
  7. Why am I seeing other users desktop notifications?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why am I seeing other users desktop notifications?: I just added a new user to my desktop and now I am seeing their notifications from things like their email and messages from Slack on my personal account. How do i change this so I can keep things private?...
  8. Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network?: Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-see-other-workgroup-computers-in/9ed3297c-4660-4a7d-b237-079eaa692ae2
  9. Can't see public wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see public wifi: Hi, Last week, my laptop ran into a problem, while trying to connect to my school's WiFi (which is public), when i tried to find the network, it wasn't listed under available networks, so I decided to restart my laptop, then when I was doing so, my laptop showed me a blue...
  10. Can't use any other browser than Edge.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't use any other browser than Edge.: Hey guys! everything was fine with windows 10 since the beginning , except since last week. I cant connect to the internet with chrome or any other application using the internet ( steam, league of legends etc). I did some research but couldn't find something that worked....