Windows 10: Why can't I see anything until I have pressed the restart button?

Discus and support Why can't I see anything until I have pressed the restart button? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have just upgraded and custom built my PC specs are: Ryzen 5 5600X, Radeon RX 6600, Corsair CMW 16GB, AMD B450M K.everything is in the right place... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jordan-90, Feb 26, 2023.

1. Jordan-90 Win User

Why can't I see anything until I have pressed the restart button?

I have just upgraded and custom built my PC specs are: Ryzen 5 5600X, Radeon RX 6600, Corsair CMW 16GB, AMD B450M K.everything is in the right place and plugged in however when I press the power button the pc turns on but the screens are blank, I have to either press the restart button or power down and power up again to see anything. I have tried unplugging the MB and reconnecting, I also tried removing fast boot and fast start up.

:)

Jordan-90, Feb 26, 2023

2. Keyboard refreshs button automatically presses

Hi,

I apologize for not addressing you in a timely manner.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to run System File Checker, which will check your system for missing, corrupt or damaged files and attempt to fix them.

Please refer the article on “How to run System File Checker” and check if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-gb

Method 2:

DISM:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 26, 2023
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Window button not working, not responding to mouse clicking/ pressing on keyboard

Hi Felix,

A recent change in the configuration of your device can be one of the factors why this issue occurs.
    To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    safe mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option and create a new user account. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in safe mode.

Once you were able to access safe mode, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to create a local user or administrator
    account in Windows 10. By doing this, we may identify if this is an account related issue. The link also contains all the necessary information including the step on how to set up a new account in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Feb 26, 2023
  4. Ian Sal Win User

Cortana hangs with Australian language HI T

We would suggest performing these steps:

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Language
    • Select + Add Languages to add English (United States).
    • On the main Languages page, long press on English (Australia) and choose Remove. Afterwards, proceed restarting the phone by selecting the
      Restart phone button.
    On the next following steps, reverse back the process we did on the first 3 steps:

• Select + Add Languages to add English (Australia) and proceed with the download prompt.
    • Again on the main Languages page, long press on English (United States) and choose
      Remove, and restart phone.
    • Once the phone has restarted with the correct English (Australia)
      language, go back to Settings > Extras > Hey Cortana, and begin training
      Cortana again.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Feb 26, 2023
Thema:

1. Why can't I see anything until I have pressed the restart button? - Similar Threads - Why can't anything

2. Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?: Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?So first of all, right after I sign in it brings me to a black screen. I saw a video telling me to press CTRL+ALT+DEL and and hold the shift key while I press the power button and press restart, but I can't press...
  3. Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?: Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?So first of all, right after I sign in it brings me to a black screen. I saw a video telling me to press CTRL+ALT+DEL and and hold the shift key while I press the power button and press restart, but I can't press...
  4. Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?: So first of all, right after I sign in it brings me to a black screen. I saw a video telling me to press CTRL+ALT+DEL and and hold the shift key while I press the power button and press restart, but I can't press the power button. The power button doesn't get pressed, and I...
  5. Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?

Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?: So first of all, right after I sign in it brings me to a black screen. I saw a video telling me to press CTRL+ALT+DEL and and hold the shift key while I press the power button and press restart, but I can't press the power button. The power button doesn't get pressed, and I...
  6. Why can't I see anything until I have pressed the restart button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I see anything until I have pressed the restart button?: I have just upgraded and custom built my PC specs are: Ryzen 5 5600X, Radeon RX 6600, Corsair CMW 16GB, AMD B450M K.everything is in the right place and plugged in however when I press the power button the pc turns on but the screens are blank, I have to either press the...
  7. Why can't I see anything until I have pressed the restart button?

Why can't I see anything until I have pressed the restart button?: I have just upgraded and custom built my PC specs are: Ryzen 5 5600X, Radeon RX 6600, Corsair CMW 16GB, AMD B450M K.everything is in the right place and plugged in however when I press the power button the pc turns on but the screens are blank, I have to either press the...
  8. When I start my laptop and I press ESC it opens start menu and I can't type anything until...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I start my laptop and I press ESC it opens start menu and I can't type anything until...: [ATTACH] Everything goes to normal when I press CTRL + ALT + Del and enter task manager submitted by /u/AlexandruP27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/zc01e8/when_i_start_my_laptop_and_i_press_esc_it_opens/
  9. why I have to press cpu restart to load windows10 after pressing power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why I have to press cpu restart to load windows10 after pressing power button: when I powered up my pc and clicked power button on cpu it shows bois logo and wont load the windows.I have to press the restet buton then to load windows,how to fix that?...
  10. Inactive timer on keyboard makes any button I press do nothing until I press it again.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inactive timer on keyboard makes any button I press do nothing until I press it again.: It seems after about a few minutes of not pressing any buttons, as if I was watching something for a while, that when I then after press a key to do anything, what ever key I press just doesn't do anything, then if I press it again it will do what I want it to do. It's like...