Windows 10: Why can't i see internet explorer version in Registry Editor?

Discus and support Why can't i see internet explorer version in Registry Editor? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to download roblox but it said that i need internet explorer version 6.0 or greater. I tried looking at the guides but all of them had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by დათა ვერძაძე, May 26, 2023.

1. Why can't i see internet explorer version in Registry Editor?

I was trying to download roblox but it said that i need internet explorer version 6.0 or greater. I tried looking at the guides but all of them had internet explorer version displayed in Registry Editor, but i dont. I will be grateful if someone could help me.

:)

დათა ვერძაძე, May 26, 2023
  2. Arul_D Win User

unable to restore favorites in Internet Explorer 11

Hello,

I can understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

How to restore the favorite’s folder in Internet Explorer.

• To open the Registry Editor, click Start.
    • Type regedit into the Start Search field.
    • Press Enter.
    • Find Favorites under the following Registry keys:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Shell folders
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\User Shell folders

HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Shell folders

HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\User Shell folders

• Right click it and select Modify. The Edit String dialog will open.
    • Verify that the Value Data field contains the correct location of your Favorites folder. If it does not, enter the right location to restore your missing Favorites folder to Internet Explorer.
    C:\Users\NetID\Favorites

• Close the registry editor.
    • Open Internet Explorer to confirm that your favorites are there.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you
    follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to
    view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, May 26, 2023
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Why can't i see internet explorer version in Registry Editor? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Why can't i see internet explorer version in Registry Editor?

Internet Explorer Pop-Up invisible in Desktop

Thank you for the update, David. For further troubleshooting, we would like to know if Internet Explorer appears in Task Manager even without starting Internet Explorer or it appears and remains in Task Manager after opening and closing Internet Explorer?

If after opening Internet Explorer and it appears and remains in the Task Manager, we suggest opening Internet Explorer without add-ons and see if the issue persists. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button (lower-left corner) in Windows, and click
      Run.
    Alternatively, you can press the Windows logo key and the R key on your keyboard.

• In the Run box, type iexplore.exe -extoff
      and press Enter.

If doing the steps above eliminates the issue, then we suggest following this
    article
    for you to be able to manage/disable add-ons that's causing the issue in Internet Explorer 11. Managing
    other versions are also available at the bottom of the article.

We will be waiting for your update.

Loreto Osa, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Why can't i see internet explorer version in Registry Editor?

1. Why can't i see internet explorer version in Registry Editor? - Similar Threads - Why can't internet

2. i cant find Internet on registry editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant find Internet on registry editor: i am basicly running my computer windows 10 and i cant find Internet on registry editor Can somebody help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-internet-on-registry-editor/87a54eba-412d-4c87-ac11-3d67b5dd70f7
  3. i cant find Internet on registry editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant find Internet on registry editor: i am basicly running my computer windows 10 and i cant find Internet on registry editor Can somebody help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-internet-on-registry-editor/87a54eba-412d-4c87-ac11-3d67b5dd70f7
  4. Registry Editor

Registry Editor: Is it a bad policy for anyone to put a screenshot of any part of the Registry Editor here in the Microsoft Community?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-editor/0414b1f2-50cf-4d94-9c9f-20665a45b5cb
  5. Why can't i see internet explorer version in Registry Editor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't i see internet explorer version in Registry Editor?: I was trying to download roblox but it said that i need internet explorer version 6.0 or greater. I tried looking at the guides but all of them had internet explorer version displayed in Registry Editor, but i dont. I will be grateful if someone could help me....
  6. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Editor: I am trying to turn on my kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection, got to the Registry Editor and do to how sensitive this is I would like to ask if I should make a new FeatureSettings called FeatureSettingsOverride? I was following what it says here...
  7. Registry editors

Registry editors: What is the safest registry editor product for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-editors/6183e553-c449-4119-9f14-e55e2eed69d5
  8. Registry Editor

Registry Editor: So I was looking for a way to optimize my pc's gaming performance and I tried optimization tweaks and mistakingly messed wth the registry editor and permissions so if i try to open file explorer or most windows apps like RunTimeBroker it says i either don't have it installed...
  9. Can't open Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open Registry Editor: I can't open the registry editor. I tried opening it on the command prompt and it says access denied even though i opened it through admin, when I opened it on Windows PowerShell it just says "Program 'regedit.exe' failed to run: The specified executable is not a valid...
  10. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry Editor: Hi, everyone. I need your help. Ive deleted something in registry editor then i dont have any backup to restore the messed ive done. I want to ask if i change a new os in my laptop is it possible that my registry will be newly again? Your response is very much...